• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

complaints

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I am currently writing a letter of complaint to the tv people to ask for more subtitles, have you guys ever complained??

Ninja

Well well well
I’ve worked in the food and hospitality industry for many years. I’ve dealt with all types of complaints and feedback, both negative and positive.

Most of the time, I don’t complain because I understand that **** happens. I will complain if something was the result of pure negligence or malice.For example I declined insurance coverage on two phones that we purchased, and the rep added it without our knowledge. I complained to the manager, and got the insurance taken off. All I wanted was my bill adjusted, and did not try to take advantage of the situation by asking for free stuff.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Usually I’m not a complainer, but I have complained to shops about their wheelchair accessibility. Despite the fact that legally all stores are required to be accessible, or provide an accessible means of entry, there are still plenty of stores where the aisles are just too narrow, or have stairs as the only means of an entrance. Even worse, there are places where you call up in advance to find out if they are accessible, only to rock up and find that they actually aren’t. Same for wheelchair seating in cinemas. Some places only have 2 accessible seats so if someone has rocked up before you, you’re SOL.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Unless it's something I really care about a lot, I'm just too lazy and nice to do it. I don't like complaining unless there is a very good reason to do so, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
well I got a reply that didnt answer my complaint obvs changed my name
Dear Dir/Madam of SKY
I am writing to complain about the fact that not all shows have subtitles for the deaf /hard of hearing.
I watched Star Trek – The Next Generation on channel number 11, which is Pick on Freeview, I enjoyed the first one (Encounter at Farpoint part 1) on Monday January 13th at 6.00PM. I went to watch the next episode, Encounter at Farpoint part 2, on Tuesday January 14th, I didn’t know what was going on as there were no subtitles, being hard of hearing myself, and it was only thanks to a friend I was messaging through the show about it that I had an idea of what was going on, further episodes had no subtitles either!
If you could try and put subtitles on all channels then deaf/hard-of hearing customers would be very happy with more choice of television channels to watch.
Regards Dizzi
the reply :

Dear Dizzi,
Thank you for contacting our Accessible Customer Service Team. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back in touch with you.
I have read through your email and I can see from you email you are unhappy with the subtitles and I am keen to give you more information on this matter.
Some channels will have the subtitles and some will not its depends on the broadband caster and if the program has been made with the subtitles , All our Sky channels have them if they are our programs.
At Sky, it’s important to us that as many people as possible are able to enjoy our content – that’s why we’ve been broadcasting subtitles on our channels since 1993 and investing in accessible viewing ever since. At the end of last summer, we committed to offering subtitles on over 80% of our shows on demand – programmes we know our customers love but can’t always enjoy fully. We thought it’d take a year to reach our target, but thanks to the dedication and hard-work of teams across our business, we’re pleased to say that we’ve exceeded our target in half the time we expected. We now provide subtitles on 90% of Sky Catch Up, 91 % of Sky Cinema and 81% of Sky Box Sets.
Making subtitles available for on-demand shows isn’t as straightforward as it may seem. A dedicated team has to manually edit, match and attach subtitles to the on-demand version our programmes, before uploading them to our viewing library. To date, we’ve uploaded more than 5,500 subtitles to on-demand shows, and we’ll keep adding more. We’re also pleased that our partner Viacom are now providing their on-demand entertainment with subtitles - meaning our audiences have even more to enjoy.
To achieve our goal, we worked with Action on Hearing Loss who invited 40 people with hearing loss to join our trial community. They gave us invaluable feedback and helped us make sure the service was as good as it could be for launch and beyond. We’d like to thank them for their contribution and support in advancing our subtitles for on-demand shows.
But our work doesn't stop here. We’re always striving to make our services the best they can be for all our customers, and we’ll continue to work with other broadcasters to make entertainment accessible to everyone. Latest information about subtitles can be found at https://accessibility.sky.com/
I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. In the meantime, if you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our Accessibility team on 03442 410 333, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.
We aim to respond to all emails sent to [email protected] within 24 hours. We are experiencing some delays at the moment and your continued patience is greatly appreciated.
Alternatively you can contact us via Live Chat – https://accessibility.sky.com/contact-us/
Kind regards

Sky Accessible Customer Service

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
If I ask for food to be changed a certain way and it comes out wrong I'll always ask them to make it again since I literally won't be able to eat it if it isn't right. That being said, I always ask in a polite and understanding way since I have worked in customer service before and am not out to be an asshole to people. In any other situation I wouldn't make complaints unless something extreme had happened.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i like complaining to the people i love when i am in pain

i don't know if i have ever made a formal complaint to someone for bad service or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom