• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters
FSA Ganon is clear evidence that contradicts there being one Ganondorf.
How so? I mean, he has the same drive and personality. I don't see any logical reason to believe he isn't the same guy that was in OoT. He wasn't chosen to lead the Gerudo Tribe and wasn't respected. He was sealed in the Four Sword until he was able to break out one or two hundred years later. He then posed as a new Ganondorf and took control. What about it is contradictory? FSA comes before OoT, not after. That is what Eiji Aonuma says, and I'm pretty sure the guy in charge of the games knows what order they go in.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
How so? I mean, he has the same drive and personality. I don't see any logical reason to believe he isn't the same guy that was in OoT. He wasn't chosen to lead the Gerudo Tribe and wasn't respected. He was sealed in the Four Sword until he was able to break out one or two hundred years later. He then posed as a new Ganondorf and took control. What about it is contradictory? FSA comes before OoT, not after. That is what Eiji Aonuma says, and I'm pretty sure the guy in charge of the games knows what order they go in.

They have the same drive and personality because they are Demise reborn.
They are the "hatred" he mentions and your theory of him posing as a new Ganondorf is unlikley because OoT Ganon did not get his power until in that game while FSA Ganon got his power from the Trident of Power and I hardly doubt that the Gerudo would forget what Ganon had done and thus allow another man named Ganon to rule over them.
Eiji Aounuma may have stated that but it makes little sense for them to be the same Ganon or for it to take place before OoT. (MY opinon)
I'm just saying man.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
FSA-Ganon and OoT-Ganon do not have the same drive or personality.
FSAOoT
drivedestroy Hyrulerule Hyrule
personalitytroublesome youth, mindlessly seeking
power and destruction. breaks rules
and isn't respected.
great theif, respected by Gerudo.
cunning and subtle.

Mind you, I wouldn't say that's a very strong argument for there being two Ganondorfs, only a counter-argument for the two being the same/similar characters.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
They both had different origins.

Ganondorf - Raised to be a king by the Gerudo. He ruled as a tyrant, and when he attempted to take over Hyrule, he was executed (ct) and banished to the SR (at).

Ganon (FSA) - Raised as a nomad. Was banished earlier in life to entering the Pyramid, which was taboo to the Gerudo.

They have the same drive and personality because they are Demise reborn.
They are the "hatred" he mentions and your theory of him posing as a new Ganondorf is unlikley because OoT Ganon did not get his power until in that game while FSA Ganon got his power from the Trident of Power and I hardly doubt that the Gerudo would forget what Ganon had done and thus allow another man named Ganon to rule over them.
Eiji Aounuma may have stated that but it makes little sense for them to be the same Ganon or for it to take place before OoT. (MY opinon)
I'm just saying man.
First of all, your taking that poem out of context. The "reincarnation" of Demise they were talking about is a symbolic reincarnation. The idea is that every evil that is destroyed is replaced by a new one.

I'm sorry, but the problem is that Ganondorf is a brilliant man. Let's say he'd been in the Four Sword for 100 years before he got out. He would be careful not to make anyone think he was that man. He wouldn't use the Trident and he wouldn't act rashly. I mean, how many people would assume that he was the jerk who broke their most sacred rules? It's not like they had a DNA sample or photograph. Saying that they can't be the same person because of small details that would be easy for a man of Ganondorf's brilliance to cover up makes little sense. I'm just saying, man.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
First of all, your taking that poem out of context. The "reincarnation" of Demise they were talking about is a symbolic reincarnation. The idea is that every evil that is destroyed is replaced by a new one.

If that is so then Ganon could very well be destroyed and then replaced by a new Ganon.

I'm sorry, but the problem is that Ganondorf is a brilliant man. Let's say he'd been in the Four Sword for 100 years before he got out. He would be careful not to make anyone think he was that man. He wouldn't use the Trident and he wouldn't act rashly. I mean, how many people would assume that he was the jerk who broke their most sacred rules? It's not like they had a DNA sample or photograph. Saying that they can't be the same person because of small details that would be easy for a man of Ganondorf's brilliance to cover up makes little sense. I'm just saying, man.

Locke has already posted how they are different in their personality.
I'm just saying, man.

I think they are all reincarnations of the same evil spirit, if you have played SS it explains, because Ganon is not immortal he is just a decedent of the same hatred of the chosen one.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
There is a possibility of 2 ganons and believe it or not, it is very possible that FSA ganon while sealed in the four sword exists at the same time as OoT ganondorf.

SS opens the doors for the entire FSS series to go between it and OoT.(what im about to say doesnt prove this, but if you want it, ill give you an extensive argument that can support that claim.) In FSA he is sealed in the four sword. In OoT a new ganondorf is born (Kings share names) and is killed at the end of TP(CT) and WW(AT). Four sword ganon somehow escapes the FS seal and is killed again in LoZ in the AT and in alttp on the (CT) with a failed revival by twinrova in OoX. In FSA he is pig ganon, as he is in OoX, alttp, and LoZ. Also, by having FSA before OoT it allows for the Gerudo to finally share a place in teh timeline without randomly reappearing out of nowhere. The only 2 games that feature the race are now together.

This makes it possible to finally have the right number of ganons and no more screwy revivals that arent backed up by canon backstory.

Last edited:
I believe after playing Ss that there will be mulitple Ganons through the timeline as a never ending cycle like link and Zelda! So expect Ganon in newer games! Also by the time the series ends there might be over a hundred :P

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
There is a possibility of 2 ganons and believe it or not, it is very possible that FSA ganon while sealed in the four sword exists at the same time as OoT ganondorf.

SS opens the doors for the entire FSS series to go between it and OoT.(what im about to say doesnt prove this, but if you want it, ill give you an extensive argument that can support that claim.) In FSA he is sealed in the four sword. In OoT a new ganondorf is born (Kings share names) and is killed at the end of TP(CT) and WW(AT). Four sword ganon somehow escapes the FS seal and is killed again in LoZ in the AT and in alttp on the (CT) with a failed revival by twinrova in OoX. In FSA he is pig ganon, as he is in OoX, alttp, and LoZ. Also, by having FSA before OoT it allows for the Gerudo to finally share a place in teh timeline without randomly reappearing out of nowhere. The only 2 games that feature the race are now together.

This makes it possible to finally have the right number of ganons and no more screwy revivals that arent backed up by canon backstory.

While I don't think there is enough evidence to prove any number of Ganon[dorf]s just yet, I acknowledge the lack of proof leaves room for several theories. However, when the developers were discussing SS they always mentioned it would explain ganondorf and lead up to OoT. If there were a Ganon before this, between SS and OoT, why would they ignore it? While, again, I acknowledge this is no definitive proof it does make me lean away from the idea that Four Swords happens between SS and OoT.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
Many of time lines make it possible for the deaths of ganon to be consistent with one (or two depending on if the split timeline theory creates 2 ganons) Ganon. But then again I have multiple theories, one of which goes with the recreation of the 3 powers. The other going with 1 Ganon(dorf) and only Zelda and link get rehashed.

V

Vaati Reborn

There is only one Ganon/dorf. My proof? He has the Triforce of Power in every game of his appearance. The Triforce of Power allows immortality. Thus, he survives in every game up to Twilight Princess,where the Gods take the Triforce from him, and he dies. But because TP is his latest appearance, we have to wait for his next appearance to know for sure. But alas, I don't believe he'll return to the series (Unless it happens before TP timeline-wise, or on the alternate side of the timeline). I vote 1 Ganon.:)

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
There is only one Ganon/dorf. My proof? He has the Triforce of Power in every game of his appearance. The Triforce of Power allows immortality. Thus, he survives in every game up to Twilight Princess,where the Gods take the Triforce from him, and he dies. But because TP is his latest appearance, we have to wait for his next appearance to know for sure. But alas, I don't believe he'll return to the series (Unless it happens before TP timeline-wise, or on the alternate side of the timeline). I vote 1 Ganon.:)

I don't believe that FSA Ganon has the ToC and unless I'm wrong, he also dies in ALttP.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
While I don't think there is enough evidence to prove any number of Ganon[dorf]s just yet, I acknowledge the lack of proof leaves room for several theories. However, when the developers were discussing SS they always mentioned it would explain ganondorf and lead up to OoT. If there were a Ganon before this, between SS and OoT, why would they ignore it? While, again, I acknowledge this is no definitive proof it does make me lean away from the idea that Four Swords happens between SS and OoT.

It was never stated that SS would lead into OoT though. There is a big difference between leading up to a game, and being a prequel to one. For example, tWW/PH-->ST. PH directly follows WW but does not directly lead into ST. Now, back when TP was explained timeline wise, Eiji never mentioned once MM at all. Only its relation to OoT, because that is the game that everyone uses as a timeline anchor. So with that said, there is a limitless amount of time allowed between SS and OoT, and the fact that quotes only mention OoT doesnt mean as much simply for the reason of TPs quoted placement and the absence of MM. These interviewers need to stop bringing up OoT, the game is hardly an anchor at all anymore imo.

I don't believe that FSA Ganon has the ToC and unless I'm wrong, he also dies in ALttP.

No he doesnt have the ToP in FSA. We have 1 game where he is sealed, 2 games where he is attempted to be revived and failed, and 4 games where he dies, 1 ganon is highly unlikely imo, but possible. Either way, it requires all fanfic to justify 1, or 2 ganons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom