• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As I've said many times before, if Ganon is killed in WW there is no way you can say he wasn't killed in TP aswell.

Not true, actually. As I've said many times before, he had his Triforce piece before he was stabbed, and then it left him because the Master Sword was lodged into an already punctured area. He may not be completely dead. It's debatable, but WW's isn't.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
200% agree. If this is really the end of Ganondorf on the Adult Timeline, it was epic. It was the best choice to end an era of a great villain.
I believe JuicieJ was referring to the TP incident, not the death in Wind Waker.

Simon said:
As I've said many times before, if Ganon is killed in WW there is no way you can say he wasn't killed in TP aswell.
What reasons do you have for this? I see the death in Wind Waker to be much more indicative of a death; he was struck through the head with a sword, which is a much less survivable wound than one to the chest. In fact, it would seem less plausible to me to claim that he died in Twilight Princess and not in The Wind Waker, because Aonuma has referred to the defeat in The Wind Waker as a "death," whereas he has not referred to the defeat in TP as a death, and the latter has a much more ambiguous finish. I see there being enough reason to doubt that he died; why do you disagree?

What reasons do you have for this? I see the death in Wind Waker to be much more indicative of a death; he was struck through the head with a sword, which is a much less survivable wound than one to the chest. In fact, it would seem less plausible to me to claim that he died in Twilight Princess and not in The Wind Waker, because Aonuma has referred to the defeat in The Wind Waker as a "death," whereas he has not referred to the defeat in TP as a death, and the latter has a much more ambiguous finish. I see there being enough reason to doubt that he died; why do you disagree?

Adding on, Ganondorf was standing up and talking when he got struck in the chest. Even if the ToP faded from his hand, it doesn't mean that he died. I'm still unsure if he died or not, but I get the feeling that he didn't, the main reason being that he didn't ever fall down. Even when the ToP left his hand he was still standing pretty strong. If the wanted to strongly imply he died, he probably would have at least fallen to his knees, or most probably, fallen straight back. But an explanation for leaving this so open for the timeline's sake.

Being struck through the chest is also a wound that would cause certain death. His triforce piece left him and Zant cut all the ties keeping him alive. Also Link retrieves the MS, it's not as if he's going to walk up to Ganondorf, retrieve the sword and leave him standing alive.

Not true, actually. As I've said many times before, he had his Triforce piece before he was stabbed, and then it left him because the Master Sword was lodged into an already punctured area. He may not be completely dead. It's debatable, but WW's isn't.

It doesn't matter when he was stabbed in relation to the Triforce piece leaving. The MS striking an old wound has nothing to do with the piece leaving and his death in TP is no more debatable than in WW.

Adding on, Ganondorf was standing up and talking when he got struck in the chest. Even if the ToP faded from his hand, it doesn't mean that he died. I'm still unsure if he died or not, but I get the feeling that he didn't, the main reason being that he didn't ever fall down. Even when the ToP left his hand he was still standing pretty strong. If the wanted to strongly imply he died, he probably would have at least fallen to his knees, or most probably, fallen straight back. But an explanation for leaving this so open for the timeline's sake.

That means nothing, it's only there for effect. As I said before, do you think Link would retrieve the MS and leave Ganondorf standing alive?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It doesn't matter when he was stabbed in relation to the Triforce piece leaving. The MS striking an old wound has nothing to do with the piece leaving and his death in TP is no more debatable than in WW.

Again, it was stabbed in the point that had previously killed him. The ToP brought him back to life and was keeping him alive. Being stabbed there by the Master Sword prevented him from using his power, as he's evil, and the Master Sword is the Blade of Evil's Bane. Again, it's debatable whether he actually died in TP or not, but there's still the question in TP, whereas there is no question in WW.

That means nothing, it's only there for effect. As I said before, do you think Link would retrieve the MS and leave Ganondorf standing alive?

No, because he was turned into stone. Not sealed in stone, turned into it. Again, he didn't have the ToP, which made him completely mortal and able to be killed by anything, including the Master Sword. Just because it's the MS doesn't mean it has to seal Ganondorf. Again, it kills all the normal enemies, why not Ganondorf without his Triforce piece?

Wouldn't they have had him falling back after Zant cracked his neck if they definitely meant death? That would have made it more epic if he definitely died. I'm not saying that he definitely stayed alive, but it would better explain his appearances later in the timeline. There is evidence to argue both sides.

No, because he was turned into stone. Not sealed in stone, turned into it. Again, he didn't have the ToP, which made him completely mortal and able to be killed by anything, including the Master Sword. Just because it's the MS doesn't mean it has to seal Ganondorf. Again, it kills all the normal enemies, why not Ganondorf without his Triforce piece?

Not sure if you are referring to WW or TP, I was referring to his survival/death in TP in my original post that he replied to. Seems like your talking about WW.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Wouldn't they have had him falling back after Zant cracked his neck if they definitely meant death? That would have made it more epic if he definitely died. I'm not saying that he definitely stayed alive, but it would better explain his appearances later in the timeline. There is evidence to argue both sides.
Two movies come to mind: Inception and X-Men: The Last Stand. The very last scene in each has a similar ambiguity.
Spoiler for Inception:
The protagonist's top (what was it called? a totem?) spins, and the scene ends just as it appears to wobble, so you're not sure if he's in a dream or not.
Spoiler for X-Men:
Magneto reaches out toward a metal chess piece, and it just barely moves. The motion is quite easy to miss (it took my family three or four tries to see it), so it's unclear whether his power is returning or not.
Ganon remains standing at the end just so we can have this conversation. It's not made abundantly clear whether he's gone for good or not, so we can examine the event closer and come to our own conclusion. That is not to say that there's no "right" or "wrong" conclusion, so there is still reason to debate it.

JuicieJ said:
Again, it was stabbed in the point that had previously killed him. The ToP brought him back to life and was keeping him alive. Being stabbed there by the Master Sword prevented him from using his power, as he's evil, and the Master Sword is the Blade of Evil's Bane.
Is this supposed to be evidence that he could have survived?

Red Link

Sandwhich and Cereal
When Gannondorf died in wind waker it was pretty violent.I think wind waker is more violent then Twilight Princess

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Is this supposed to be evidence that he could have survived?

Yes. It goes along with his Triforce piece already being with him when he was stabbed. It makes a good deal of sense to think he may not be completely dead due to that. I mean, Zelda didn't die when she gave up hers, so what's to stop Ganondorf? (I know that was a bit different, but the same principle can still be applied.)

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
There isn't much more to say. Ganondorfs last words in Twilight Princess are something like: "This is not the end. The war between the light and dark world has only begun". Well that would be the translation of the German text, I think the English dialogue is pretty much the same.

I think he didn't died. And Ganondorf may return in the upcoming sequel to Twilight Princess (after Skyward Sword). But I don't think he will be the main villain. A new evil will rise. A new Saga begins. Like the Saga of the new Hyrule on the Adult Timeline, there will definitely a new Saga on the Child Timeline. Including Ganondorf.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In the American version, he says "The history of shadow and light will be written in blood!"
It also says "Know too, that it shall also be visited by one of my blood." (multiple Ganondorf reference) However, the Japanese merely says "An age of bloodshed will come, as often as need be." And this text was removed. Ignoring that NoA turned it into a prophecy regarding Ganondorf's descendant, it's just the general "Legend of Zelda" theme. "A hero and a villain will rise and one will defeat the other." You can't really take anything more than that out of it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It also says "Know too, that it shall also be visited by one of my blood." (multiple Ganondorf reference) However, the Japanese merely says "An age of bloodshed will come, as often as need be." And this text was removed. Ignoring that NoA turned it into a prophecy regarding Ganondorf's descendant, it's just the general "Legend of Zelda" theme. "A hero and a villain will rise and one will defeat the other." You can't really take anything more than that out of it.

Hmmmmmm... That would support the multiple Ganon theory, but you said it was taken out. If that's the case, then it's not official and doesn't count. However, if this were the case, it would allow FS and FSA to come in-between TP and ALttP. But the problem is the "dark interlopers" and the Dark Tribe would have to connect, which means that the Dark Mirror and the Mirror of Twilight would have to be the same. But, since the Mirror of Twilight was broken at the end of TP, that would make that impossible. That would leave them to come before TP, but the problem with that would be that it'd be before Ganondorf said it'd be continued by "one of his blood". Saying that means coming after that. Thus, once again, proving that the FSS is just impossible to connect to the canon without FSA being re-written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom