• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters
There's one big problem with this thread: Everyone is assuming their timeline is Canon.

What other source would members use for such a topic? You cannot discuss the potential deaths of a main character without evidence of said deaths, and those deaths have no evidence without connections to other games to prove why the deaths work or do not work. In other words, the posters here are doing pretty much exactly what they should be doing.

Z

zora14

I completely disagree. I think it is one ganon, the monster, and it cannot be killed ever, it just goes from host to host, possesing different people. after his host is killed by link, the host dies but the beast escapes to find another.

thats a good theory, but i think in WW ganondorf chose not to turn into ganon the beast, because he had the triforce. my theory is that there is a poltergeist/evil spirit called ganon, and he constantly posseses a host, tries to to take over hyrule, and is stopped by link. his host is killed, but he lives to find another. also, i think that this monster only had to find the triforce once in OOT then it was stuck to him until he died, which he never has. and in TP, when we see the triforce vanish from ganondorf's hand, that represents that the spirit possesing him is leaving his body.

Last edited by a moderator:
What other source would members use for such a topic? You cannot discuss the potential deaths of a main character without evidence of said deaths, and those deaths have no evidence without connections to other games to prove why the deaths work or do not work. In other words, the posters here are doing pretty much exactly what they should be doing.

Yes, but the discussion can't work properly if one person puts forward a theory relating to one timeline, and another rubbishes it using evidence from their own completely different timeline.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Yes, but the discussion can't work properly if one person puts forward a theory relating to one timeline, and another rubbishes it using evidence from their own completely different timeline.

Yes it can because though their are no official timelines their are bits and pieces of the timeline that obviously go in a certain order and that are usually popularly used in timelines because they can be universally accepted.
The obvious example of this is the beginning of the timeline

/WW-PH-ST
OOT
\MM-TP

The beginning of the timeline can be debated but it is populously thought of as being this. Their are people who would disagree and say things such as that the timeline is linear are usually disagreed with because majority usually rules in favor of the populously accepted beginning of the timeline.

In other words yes the timeline can be debated because most timelines are similar in one way or the other and through these little known acceptances people can debate evenly. Another thing is that not all theories have to be based on timelines (even though this one mainly does) such as in this thread it can easily be debated without timelines by just referring to known sequels and obvious sequences of death such as Ganondorf's deaths in TP and WW and Ganon's death's in ALTTP and LOZ. These deaths obviously differ giving off many perceptions of how these deaths can be viewed.

A

Aboee1

Ganon basically was seal away many times, only to be truly defeated at the end of the sister timelines. And an exception where he died but was later ressurected at the end of Oracle of Season/Ages.

Ganon and His Deaths

I'm a little confused about some things.

I'm going to talk about Ganon in the games he appears in and the way he dies or gets sealed.

First in the LoZ, Ganon was killed by the silver arrows and turns to ashes.

Next game he appears in was ALttP, which is a prequel to LoZ. But in this game he also was killed by the silver arrows. The essence of the Triforce says he was COMPLETELY destroyed. If he was COMPLETELY destroyed how did he come back in LoZ?

Next game was Ocarina of Time, a prequel to ALttP. Ganon or Ganondorf was not killed but rather sealed in the evil realm. So no contradictions here.

Next OoS/OoA, which supposedly takes place between ALttP and LoZ comes back when he appears after being revived by Twinrova but is killed once again. So still have no idea how he comes back in LoZ.

Next game is TWW, this takes place after the adult timelime after Ganon was sealed in the evil realm and when he breaks free out of the evil realm. He's killed this time after being stabbed in the forehead with the master sword, turns to statue and is washed away under the ocean. Some people place LoZ after TWW but how is he back in LoZ then? LoZ and AoL cannot take place after TWW because of this. I don't see it.

Next is FSA, which can take place before ALttP. In this game he is not killed but sealed again.

Next game is TP, which supposedly takes place before ALttP but in this game he dies when the Trifoce of Power leaves him but how did he come back in FSA or ALttP?

So, let's look at the chart here:
.............WW *Ganon dies*
...Adult.../
OoT *Ganon is sealed which leads to the adult timeline*
...Child...\
.............TP *dies*- FSA *sealed*- ALttP *dies*- OoS/OoA *revived but dies again*- LoZ *dies*

So looking at the chart, how does he come back in FSA after he dies in TP? How does he come back in LoZ if he dies after ALttP and OoS/OoA? Most importantly, how is he even alive in LoZ if he was COMPLETELY destroyed in ALttP?

Head hurts? I'm sorry, mine too. :lol:

There are multiple ways that ganon can be revived, so him dying is really no problem, also, I believe the Ganon in FSA is different from the other.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'm still hesitant to put LttP on the same line as TP, and I certainly don't believe MC/FS/FSA follow on from TP. Of course placement of the classic games is always up to question.

I suppose the best question in regards to LttP and Ganon's revival is: What did Link wish for? In order for Ganon to lose the Triforce, he certainly had to die. But who's to say Link's wish on the Triforce allowed it to remain that way? He was already bringing back people we knew had died throughout the game, and it would certainly make the worries of the Hylian people, as told in the booklet to LA, understandable if through some wish-based shenanigans Ganon was given a second shot at life, whichever side of the Sacred Realm he was brought back on. This of course doesn't take into account the Oracle games, but I don't think I've ever really seen them mentioned on any official scale regarding the timeline (so I'll go correct myself on that shortly).

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I love this kind of discussion, but there is already a very well-established thread on this topic. I'm going to merge this with that. I urge you to read some of the older posts in that thread, because there is some really great discussion.

I'll throw into the ring the idea that Ganon and Ganondorf aren't necessarily one and the same. Is it possible that Ganon is not Ganondorf's demon/beast form, but rather a demon who uses Ganondorf to suit his own means?

Pinecove

Last Chance
@Duck: Shouldn't the fact that the old thread is almost a year old, constitute a new thread? Eh regardless...

I'm going to talk about Ganon in the games he appears in and the way he dies or gets sealed.

First in the LoZ, Ganon was killed by the silver arrows and turns to ashes.

Next game he appears in was ALttP, which is a prequel to LoZ. But in this game he also was killed by the silver arrows. The essence of the Triforce says he was COMPLETELY destroyed. If he was COMPLETELY destroyed how did he come back in LoZ?

By the end of ALttP, Ganon has become a full demon. In Japanese mythology, Demons can be killed, but they will always come back. Their body is killed/destroyed, but their spirit is simply "sealed" in the realm of the dead (the realm we see in ST) until they can re-incarnate. This is what happened to Ganon. He died, but reincarnated. This ONLY happened however because he was a full demon by the end of ALttP. By the end of TWW or TP, this could not/would not have happened.

Next OoS/OoA, which supposedly takes place between ALttP and LoZ comes back when he appears after being revived by Twinrova but is killed once again. So still have no idea how he comes back in LoZ.

Explained already.

Next game is TWW, this takes place after the adult timelime after Ganon was sealed in the evil realm and when he breaks free out of the evil realm. He's killed this time after being stabbed in the forehead with the master sword, turns to statue and is washed away under the ocean. Some people place LoZ after TWW but how is he back in LoZ then? LoZ and AoL cannot take place after TWW because of this. I don't see it.

This is true. LoZ/AoL cannot come after TWW due to the state of Ganon. In his current condition after TWW, there is no possible way he could have reincarnated.

Next game is TP, which supposedly takes place before ALttP but in this game he dies when the Trifoce of Power leaves him but how did he come back in FSA or ALttP?

In FSA a new Ganondorf is born. He is not the old one.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Pinecove said:
In FSA a new Ganondorf is born. He is not the old one.
Well, this was one of the biggest talking points in the thread that date a while back. Whether or not Ganondorf died at the end of TP was one of the major points; I may recycle a few arguments. But first, what do you have that suggests that FSA Ganondorf is a different Ganondorf from OoT Ganondorf? If he is not OoT Ganondorf, why is it that he has such ease finding the Sacred Realm, and subsequently, the Golden Power, during the Seal War? FSA Ganondorf had no such experience, whereas OoT Ganondorf had been plotting about it. These arguments cohere to my placements, though, so let's talk about your placements.

What I find odd, Pinecove, is that you place the FS Saga on the AT, when you assert that Ganondorf dies at the end of TP; isn't one of the supporting pieces of evidence for FSA Ganondorf being different from OoT Ganon that that Ganondorf is supposedly "dead" from another game, necessitating another one? The case for it being a different Ganondorf in FSA if you place it on the AT as you have is certainly stronger, because Ganondorf's death in TWW is more "confirmed" than the TP "death." What I'm curious of, though, is why there is a necessity for multiple Ganondorfs on the AT.

I still don't see how he definitely dies in TWW. He turns to stone, which to me represents a sealing. If you use the argument that logically he must die because he has a sword in his head, then you have to say he dies at the end of TP aswell. I can easily see a scenario where Ganondorf is revived if the MS is removed from his head.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Simon: Sealing where exacty? Can the same be said for the flute bot in LttP? Because neither means of death have looked anything like any sealing I've seen in the past. Perhaps I've missed something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom