• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters
Link always needs to be reincarnated, as, again, he always needs to stop the evil. Ganondorf is the evil. There'd be no reason for him to be reincarnated. It's simple.

And why would the evil keep returning? That's my point. Your saying that Ganon doesn't need to be reincarnated would be as good as me saying he doesn't need to be reincarnated. Why? Just because.

Who's to say they can't change after Ganondorf doing something like he did to his own people? And, again, they didn't care that he was doing something to the rest of Hyrule. They wouldn't have viewed that as a bad thing. Why can't you understand that?

That only leads into another contradiction. If they hate him so much, why is he back with the Gerudo as their guardian/leader? And if they knew he was so evil, why are they foolish enough to not even know for sure he was going to the pyramid for his own sake, to get the trident (just like he did before)? They act like they didn't even know what he was going to do once he left the village.

Aonuma said something along the lines of Ganondorf breaking apart the Temple of Time to get into the Sacred Realm by his own power, but, of course, he couldn't do it. When he did this, he then fled and eventually the "divine prank of the gods" happened. The maidens weren't part of OoT, so they wouldn't have played a part in that. (Another thing pointing to the FSS being a separate/alternate legend.)

Ganon's exploits were known even on the CT. Of course the maidens would have known. They're part of the Royal Family, so why wouldn't they have known if the Royal Family was the one who wanted to be executed before TP?

Again, he has no reason to be reincarnated, unlike Link and Zelda.

If they need to be reincarnated, Ganondorf may as well be reincarnated. It's a cycle, and Aonuma has said something similar to that before.

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I think Ganon can always be revived because he has the triforce of power. However, The triforce parts are reunited in Wind Waker, so Ganon was killed once and for all.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
And why would the evil keep returning? That's my point. Your saying that Ganon doesn't need to be reincarnated would be as good as me saying he doesn't need to be reincarnated. Why? Just because.

What do you mean? It's because he's the same one. You know, like with OoT to WW and to TP? I don't understand why you even said that.

That only leads into another contradiction. If they hate him so much, why is he back with the Gerudo as their guardian/leader? And if they knew he was so evil, why are they foolish enough to not even know for sure he was going to the pyramid for his own sake, to get the trident (just like he did before)? They act like they didn't even know what he was going to do once he left the village.

................How can you not get what I'm saying? You really think I said they already hated him? Dude, no. I said the exact opposite. I said they wouldn't care that he was doing what he did to the Hylians.

Ganon's exploits were known even on the CT. Of course the maidens would have known. They're part of the Royal Family, so why wouldn't they have known if the Royal Family was the one who wanted to be executed before TP?

The whole Maidens thing and how they are used in FSA is another sketchy point that leads to the conclusion that the FSS may be a separate legend, but that's not important right now. That particular topic isn't going to get anywhere, anyway.

If they need to be reincarnated, Ganondorf may as well be reincarnated. It's a cycle, and Aonuma has said something similar to that before.

Again, reincarnated to stop Ganondorf when he returns. If he was dead, there would be no need for him to be reincarnated. Being reincarnated to stop the threat makes sense. Being reincarnated to be the threat does not.

Last edited:
Let's all remember that Ganon was called "The Prince of Darkness". He's an allegory for Satan. Is Satan known for staying defeated? No. He keeps trying despite fighting the master of everything that is. Persistent, isn't he?

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Originally, The Legend of Zelda was supposed to be based on Christianity, since it took place in medieval times. Hence, the cross on the shields. The Book of Spells was originally called The Bible, with the intent of copying Elijah and calling down fire from heaven, but the Christian community didn't like the idea of the Bible being used for casting magic spells. So, naturally, Ganon was supposed to be Satan or Abaddon the Destroyer.

And yes, that little bugger does seem to not be able to take the hint that, when confronted by a kid in green with a magic sword, it's probably best to quit while you're ahead.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Its also not like he's never had loyal minions who would love to see their dark lord and master's return. An evil reincarnation isn't as far-fetched as one might think.

B

Biendeo

Is It the Same Ganon All the Time?

Hello everyone!

I've been pondering about this. I know the theory mostly, and how the land of Hyrule and the different Links go along with the timeline, but one thing I'm wondering is how does Ganon fit into this equation?

Is it the same Ganon in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and the two NES games (along with the others, but I haven't beaten those)? Is Ganon a REALLY old man/pig thingy?

I'd like to hear your views on it, please comment on what you think goes on. :D

What do you mean? It's because he's the same one. You know, like with OoT to WW and to TP? I don't understand why you even said that.

You keep saying he doesn't "need" to be reincarnated. I'm saying that's an unfounded opinion. I can just as easily say he does "need" to since it's a neverending cycle.

................How can you not get what I'm saying? You really think I said they already hated him? Dude, no. I said the exact opposite. I said they wouldn't care that he was doing what he did to the Hylians.

And you're not getting what I'm saying as well. They clearly do show disdain for him ever since he was a child, as one Gerudo points out the evil in him (as a backstory for why he forsook the village) ever since he was a child. Ganondorf being bad wasn't a recent development for the Gerudo in FSA. It's not that I think you're saying that, it's that the game itself says that. They already didn't like him, after his grab for power in OoT, which disregarded the Gerudo, why have him as a guardian/leader once again?

The whole Maidens thing and how they are used in FSA is another sketchy point that leads to the conclusion that the FSS may be a separate legend, but that's not important right now. That particular topic isn't going to get anywhere, anyway.

I don't agree it's sketchy at all. The maidens are clearly part of the Royal Family since their job is closely tied to the Knights of Hyrule's jobs with the royal jewel, and Zelda is a maiden herself. It's still a hole as to why the Royal Family wouldn't have known that (Zelda included).

Again, reincarnated to stop Ganondorf when he returns. If he was dead, there would be no need for him to be reincarnated. Being reincarnated to stop the threat makes sense. Being reincarnated to be the threat does not.

Why? The goddesses are not allied with either side since Ganondorf was allowed to be born in OoT in the first place. This logic doesn't make any sense.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
You keep saying he doesn't "need" to be reincarnated. I'm saying that's an unfounded opinion. I can just as easily say he does "need" to since it's a neverending cycle.

That's completely different. What I mean by "need" is that there's no reason for it. Reincarnating the heroes to stop Ganondorf makes sense. Reincarnating Ganondorf so he can attack Hyrule again makes no sense at all.

And you're not getting what I'm saying as well. They clearly do show disdain for him ever since he was a child, as one Gerudo points out the evil in him (as a backstory for why he forsook the village) ever since he was a child. Ganondorf being bad wasn't a recent development for the Gerudo in FSA. It's not that I think you're saying that, it's that the game itself says that. They already didn't like him, after his grab for power in OoT, which disregarded the Gerudo, why have him as a guardian/leader once again?

I've talked about this before. After he stole the Trident, they would have considered him vile. Since that's the case, they would talk down on him. Pointing out that he grew evil over time isn't saying that they hated him as a child. That's just saying that he grew evil over time. The Gerudo woman didn't say "He grew evil over time and we didn't approve," nor did she imply it.

Why? The goddesses are not allied with either side since Ganondorf was allowed to be born in OoT in the first place. This logic doesn't make any sense.

Pretty sure it makes a lot of sense. Allowing someone to be born isn't not being in alliance with either side. That falls under the category of free will. Intervening there by not allowing him to be born would have taken that away. Providing a defense, however, would not. They never kill Ganondorf on their own. They just provide a means for him to be defeated, which seems to suggest that they're on the side of the Hylians to me. Reincarnating him for the sake of having another Link and Zelda would be pointless, as it would be intentionally putting their people in danger.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Jarsh said:
I think what he's trying to say is that the information we have been given in the games doesn't necessitate that there has to be a different Ganondorf on the CT. Even if his defeat in TP is ambiguous, the ambiguity is surely intended. What Nintendo's intent was was likely to create an ending that would allow them to decide in a future game whether or not Ganondorf would be reincarnated, or if he had survived. This fits in line with Aonuma's statements claiming that he doesn't like to confirm story elements prematurely, in that Aonuma has probably not decided or worked out a reason for the origins of other appearances of Ganon(dorf). By means of ambiguous defeat, TP sets up in such a manner that either a death or merely a defeat is entirely plausible, and this does not limit the Zelda team creatively when making another Zelda game.

Jarsh said:
JuicieJ said:
I agree with Jarsh on this; the role of the Goddesses is to maintain balance, particularly surrounding the Triforce. The balance is restored when the Triforce is split by having three individuals, each with a piece, alive at the same time; take TP as an example. At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is still alive on the child timeline, with no Triforce piece, when the Hero of Time retains his Triforce piece. This imbalance causes the Triforce to redistribute itself via "divine prank" (note the reference to divinity), giving Ganondorf the ToP and, presumably, Zelda the ToW, although her possession of it is irrelevant at this point. But, with Ganondorf still alive with the ToP inside the Twilight Realm once both the Hero of Time (on the CT) and CT Zelda are deceased, new incarnations of Zelda and Link are born to be bearers of the Triforce to restore balance. Jarsh has reason to assume that the same logic would apply if TP Ganondorf were to die, but again, the death is ambiguous, so the notion of another Ganondorf is not entirely a necessity. However, your argument has merit if we are to learn that TP Ganondorf does, in fact, die (and stay dead).
On the other hand, if TP Ganondorf does not die, then that poses a problem. If he loses his Triforce piece, that causes an imbalance, which means that either a new Ganondorf must be born or Zelda and TP Link both lose their Triforce pieces and the Triforce reunites. The reunion of the Triforce is fitting if ALttP or FSA comes after TP on a timeline, as the Triforce is united in both of those games. If you watch the ending of TP carefully, neither Zelda nor Link is shown with a Triforce symbol on their hand or even an outline of one.

Jarsh said:
I don't understand your last sentence, because the Gerudo do not have Ganondorf as their leader in FSA, because he betrays them and steals the Trident, does he not? That would mean that he no longer cares for the task of being a Gerudo leader, and that he only desires power.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I agree with Jarsh on this; the role of the Goddesses is to maintain balance, particularly surrounding the Triforce. The balance is restored when the Triforce is split by having three individuals, each with a piece, alive at the same time; take TP as an example. At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is still alive on the child timeline, with no Triforce piece, when the Hero of Time retains his Triforce piece. This imbalance causes the Triforce to redistribute itself via "divine prank" (note the reference to divinity), giving Ganondorf the ToP and, presumably, Zelda the ToW, although her possession of it is irrelevant at this point. But, with Ganondorf still alive with the ToP inside the Twilight Realm once both the Hero of Time (on the CT) and CT Zelda are deceased, new incarnations of Zelda and Link are born to be bearers of the Triforce to restore balance. Jarsh has reason to assume that the same logic would apply if TP Ganondorf were to die, but again, the death is ambiguous, so the notion of another Ganondorf is not entirely a necessity. However, your argument has merit if we are to learn that TP Ganondorf does, in fact, die (and stay dead). On the other hand, if TP Ganondorf does not die, then that poses a problem. If he loses his Triforce piece, that causes an imbalance, which means that either a new Ganondorf must be born or Zelda and TP Link both lose their Triforce pieces and the Triforce reunites. The reunion of the Triforce is fitting if ALttP or FSA comes after TP on a timeline, as the Triforce is united in both of those games. If you watch the ending of TP carefully, neither Zelda nor Link is shown with a Triforce symbol on their hand or even an outline of one.

The Triforce pieces wouldn't necessarily have to go to a new incarnation of the previous wielder if said wielder were to die. If that were the case, the ToP would just go to the person who represents that piece the most after Ganondorf died, not wait for a reincarnation of him to be born. This also plays into that ambiguous death thing you're talking about. If Ganondorf is not truly dead, the ToP would just be hanging around waiting for him to return. But if he is dead, again, it would just move to another person entirely. With Link and Zelda (from OoT), I'd say it's a thing of being passed down from father-to-son, mother-to-daughter and eventually is passed down to a reincarnation of them to stop Ganondorf's attack.

Last edited:
H

Hero of Storms2

He never dies he's just sealed up somewhere after link finishes him off with the master sword and that the people of Hyrule thinks he finally defeated but nope he comes back about, I'd say every 20 years or so.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
He never dies he's just sealed up somewhere after link finishes him off with the master sword and that the people of Hyrule thinks he finally defeated but nope he comes back about, I'd say every 20 years or so.

It is almost sure Ganondorf died on one Timeline. He Died in Wind Waker. Or did you see him in Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks? Spirit Tracks is set many years after the events of Wind Waker in the new Hyrule. So, your 20 years Theory is not correct.

In Ocarina of Time, he is sealed. Uncertain is his end in Twilight Princess. But I think he will return on the Child Timeline. But it is safe to say the Ganondorf on the Adult Timeline is dead. But I'm not talking of the ancient demon Ganon. This creature may be immortal. I'm just talking about the Gerurodo thief, Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom