• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
people did not take ganondorf's multiple deaths into account (the ones with the master sword being used to kill him so he cannot be revived).
Ganondorf and Ganon can always be revived, his spirit can never be destroyed completely as is shown in the Oracle games.

This theory I think is simply easy. Link never really kills Ganondorf/Ganon. SPOILER ALERT!!! In Ocarina of Time Link and Zelda could only seal Ganon with the power of the Six Sages. In Twilight Princess, you like stab him and I really don't think he dies. I mean HE STILL STANDS AFTER HE "DIES"
no just kidding. Umm... so Ganondorf I guess was sealed away by those Light Spirits (as you do see them at the end of the game) and he comes back because he revives over time to where the Triforce of Power completely regains and he just breaks free, again, and again, and again.
So that's my theory on Ganondorf and also he never ages cause he is sealed for so long and he stays the same age in his imprisonment. So yeah PEACE :)

my guess is that the triforce pieces sort of bound themselves to the people that first touched them. So as long as the Triforce of Power remains, Ganondorf keeps respawning every century, and he'll want to reclaim his piece of the triforce.

We have heard not one--but two--spells that can be used to revive Ganon. There is the needlessly complicated method in the Oracle games that involves sending two minions to do something completely pointless and sacrifice a pure soul. Then there's the method in "Adventure of Link" that involves using the ashes of the one that killed him. One wonders why they didn't stick to the second method, but whatever.

Anyway, I've always assumed that these methods have been used before, and maybe one or two we haven't heard of. Like maybe Phantom Ganon is a "soul hidey place". If Ganondorf were to die, he would bond with Phantom Ganon and live again. But that's just speculation.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Ganondorf will pretty much be revived no matter what, but it does make some sense that if he is banished by the Master Sword, then he would stay in that dark dank void. For some reason the Master Sword failed in Ocarina of Time and Ganon came back in both TWW and TP, but it only took one more time with Wind Waker after restoring power to the earth and wind temples, but after Twilight Princess he continued reviving. The only logical explenation in my mind really is that the times when Ganon was defeated by the Master Sword but still managed to come back was because there was something wrong with the blade of evil's bane.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ganondorf will pretty much be revived no matter what, but it does make some sense that if he is banished by the Master Sword, then he would stay in that dark dank void. For some reason the Master Sword failed in Ocarina of Time and Ganon came back in both TWW and TP, but it only took one more time with Wind Waker after restoring power to the earth and wind temples, but after Twilight Princess he continued reviving. The only logical explenation in my mind really is that the times when Ganon was defeated by the Master Sword but still managed to come back was because there was something wrong with the blade of evil's bane.

It didn't "fail" in OoT. He just had the Triforce of Power and no previous weak point (unlike in TP). Therefore he couldn't be killed.

This is one of the things that prevents the FSS from being accurately placed anywhere on the "timeline". There's much more to it, it's not important right now. What I would like to know is why, if he's different, why he's so much like the previous Gerudo King. I mean, this isn't like with Link and Zelda where they're reincarnated to stop the evil about to rise. This is just a new king thing. I highly doubt Ganondorf would be reincarnated, as there's no reason for him to be, unlike with Link and Zelda. And why have him named the same? That just seems pointless if he's someone new.

It can actually be placed after TP or TWW if it's a new Ganondorf, as that wouldn't contradict anything. I don't see why Ganon doesn't "need" to be reincarnated; I can just as easily say Link doesn't "need" to be reincarnated either. It's a much better than the alternative than hamfistingly trying to force FSA's Ganondorf to be the same Ganondorf from TP or TWW.

What? Are you serious? The Gerudo didn't mind him trying to take over Hyrule ("doing something bad") because they're evil, as well. They're thieves. They followed him, calling him the Great Ganondorf. They didn't care what Ganondorf did to a different people (yes, that's correct English). But when he broke one of their laws, that's a completely different story.

But the Gerudo in FSA are completely different from OoT. They are not thieves, and not corrupt like OoT's Gerudo. For instance, they welcome Link into their village rather than capturing him and throwing him in a giant cell. Moreover, they act like Ganondorf, seeming to have the potential of evil since he was a kid (when that one Gerudo is explaining their guardian's past) hadn't done anything until he broke their laws. And they act like that hint of evil in him as a child was a bad thing (which they shouldn't if they supported his actions in the OoT era).

Of course no one was. He'd been chased out. Who would have expected him to go and get the Trident? Especially when it's a secret thing that only the Gerudo knew about? That argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Zelda and the maidens act like they don't know why Ganondorf would take the trident until it's too late. If they're familiar with OoT Ganondorf, they would know exactly what he's up to, since they "chased him out".

If you didn't go back to The Multiple Deaths of Ganondorf!, then I probably didn't have any arguments in it. But if it was, my arguments are all over that thread. They're impossible to miss, especially since I was talking to you half the time.

Well, let's just get it all out in the open, now, then. What's so bad about FSA Ganondorf being more like a reincarnated Ganondorf than a revived one (either post-TP or post-TWW).

The "multiple Ganon theory" just sounds like a cop-out to me. I'm open to the idea, but I'd rather try to assume it's always the same guy. I'd feel like I'd be giving up by saying their were definitely multiple Ganondorf's.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It can actually be placed after TP or TWW if it's a new Ganondorf, as that wouldn't contradict anything. I don't see why Ganon doesn't "need" to be reincarnated; I can just as easily say Link doesn't "need" to be reincarnated either. It's a much better than the alternative than hamfistingly trying to force FSA's Ganondorf to be the same Ganondorf from TP or TWW.

Link always needs to be reincarnated, as, again, he always needs to stop the evil. Ganondorf is the evil. There'd be no reason for him to be reincarnated. It's simple.

But the Gerudo in FSA are completely different from OoT. They are not thieves, and not corrupt like OoT's Gerudo. For instance, they welcome Link into their village rather than capturing him and throwing him in a giant cell. Moreover, they act like Ganondorf, seeming to have the potential of evil since he was a kid (when that one Gerudo is explaining their guardian's past) hadn't done anything until he broke their laws. And they act like that hint of evil in him as a child was a bad thing (which they shouldn't if they supported his actions in the OoT era).

Who's to say they can't change after Ganondorf doing something like he did to his own people? And, again, they didn't care that he was doing something to the rest of Hyrule. They wouldn't have viewed that as a bad thing. Why can't you understand that?

Zelda and the maidens act like they don't know why Ganondorf would take the trident until it's too late. If they're familiar with OoT Ganondorf, they would know exactly what he's up to, since they "chased him out".

Aonuma said something along the lines of Ganondorf breaking apart the Temple of Time to get into the Sacred Realm by his own power, but, of course, he couldn't do it. When he did this, he then fled and eventually the "divine prank of the gods" happened. The maidens weren't part of OoT, so they wouldn't have played a part in that. (Another thing pointing to the FSS being a separate/alternate legend.)

Well, let's just get it all out in the open, now, then. What's so bad about FSA Ganondorf being more like a reincarnated Ganondorf than a revived one (either post-TP or post-TWW).

Again, he has no reason to be reincarnated, unlike Link and Zelda.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Zelda doesn't even technically need to be a reincarnation. Zelda's just the name they give to the daughters of the reigning monarchs, and the power comes from that lineage.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Zelda doesn't even technically need to be a reincarnation. Zelda's just the name they give to the daughters of the reigning monarchs, and the power comes from that lineage.

Well, look at how they look exactly like the previous one. They're clearly reincarnations, although they also clearly have different personalities. I'd say it's more of a physical reincarnation rather than a spiritual one. As in, the same courage and wisdom are bestowed upon them, but they have their own unique spirits.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
You say they look the same, but really they don't. Much like not all the Links look the same. There are differences that are present in different incarnations of Zelda, in appearance and in personality. Not all of it can be put down to the design input from different artists, either. Any similarity can easily be put down to being in the same Royal bloodline, as one that really does continue on, even through WW.

Just something worth considering, I guess.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
You say they look the same, but really they don't. Much like not all the Links look the same. There are differences that are present in different incarnations of Zelda, in appearance and in personality. Not all of it can be put down to the design input from different artists, either. Any similarity can easily be put down to being in the same Royal bloodline, as one that really does continue on, even through WW.

Just something worth considering, I guess.

That's called design choices. It's just like with the landscape. If you use the same thing over and over again, it gets dull and repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom