• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Comic books. What new stuff do you read and what old/new comics do you like?

New stuff I dont mind reading recently is the new Avengers comic and Im still busy with reading Image Comics' Regression and Gideon Falls and Snotgirl.

Old Marvel stuff I love and buy back issues of from the comic book shop are stuff I grew up with back in the 1980s

Power Pack
Alf
Alpha Flight
Conan the Barbarian
original Fantastic Four. some back issues i buy that are mostly 1980s stuff along with mid 1990s stuff that missed out on
old Marvel Incredble Hulk stuff here and there.
old Uncanny X-Men
X-Men 2099
Now Comics stuff from Ghostbuster to Terminator and Fright Night

some old Fanastic Four issues get really weird and odd along with a dark depressing issue # 285

I do read "real" books such as novels. Bite me.

comic books I also happen to enjoy reading too. Especially old comic books that had lengthy dialogue in the panels.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I used to collect old comics. I haven't gone out to look for anything in a long time though. My largest collection was older Avengers comics, I pretty much have a complete collection of West Coast Avengers issues 1-50, I'm maybe missing only 2 or 3 comics in that line.

I have a couple Silver Age Hulk Comics, as well as one really old Silver Age Fantastic Four comic (where Ben Grimm reverts to being a human finally, but by the end is forced to become The Thing again).

I also have a a full collection of Secret Wars and Secret Wars II, and almost every copy of Infinity War.

I also have the last Marvel Team Up, and the first issue of Web of Spiderman.

I don't really collect DC comics, but I've read a few Batman storylines like The Killing Joke, and Knightfall. I skimmed through Batman Hush at a friend's place before. I own The Death of Superman, though, it's my only DC comic.

I skimmed through The Raven at the friend's house who had Knightfall, too.

I haven't really read a lot of stuff from the 2010s onward, but I do collect some. Batman is my favourite, and I also like Jonah Hex, Justice League, Daredevil, Punisher, etc.

I have that single issue re-release of the A Link to the Past comic that was released across several issues of Nintendo Power in like the 90s, I think? I don't really collect comic books though, so I only get stuff that is special or fulfills my needs to collect stuff for a series, like Zelda.

The only comic books I have read were Calvin and Hobbes and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Calvin and Hobbes is a newspaper comic STRIP. Not a comic book.

Im talking about comic books that you get from a comic book shop.

The only comic books I have read were Calvin and Hobbes and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I don't really read Comic books but I do know a lot about them. I mostly like to look into the older Batman comics about the time Azreal Batman was around. I suppose I could read them if I wanted to, my dad has a ton, but I just prefer regular books to comics.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don’t actively follow or read any comic books per se, but I have read my fair share of Archie and Sabrina comics, Casper the Friendly Ghost comics, and at the moment I am slowly making my way through Rurouni Kenshin, and have bought the first volume of I Think Our Son Is Gay in the hope that it’s not as stereotypically driven as some other LGBT media from Japan can be.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Quite a few. I grew up with my dad's old comic collection, so I had stuff like old Spider-Man comics, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow stuff. In hindsight, a lot of those comics were trashy 1960s **** from when comic writers felt like they had narrate everything and couldn't let the art do any of the heavy lifting, but I still liked them as a kid.

These days I prefer more self-contained stuff. While I don't follow a lot of ongoing comics from the big publishers, I like stuff with a definitive endpoint. Stuff like The Marvel Project, Kingdom Come, or Superman: Secret Identity. Superhero stories that exist in their own little universe with no obligation to maintain the status quo.

zelda kid

peAce infiniTe
Marvel Avengers game has a good story

MV5BYTNlOGViM2QtMDk3MC00NDQ1LTk3MGItNTA3ZWZhOGZhMDBkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom