• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Combinations of Other Zelda Game's Graphics.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes we all know that The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword has a new "Impressionist" art-style, but what combinations of other Zelda game's graphics look like it? For me, Skyward Sword has the realistic-porportioned feel of Twilight Princess, has the brightness of Wind Waker, and it somehow has the look and feel of Ocarina of Time and The Minish Cap. Blend all these different styles together and you get Skyward Sword, or thats how it seems to me. What styles of other Zelda games's graphics and styles remind you of Skyward Sword by putting them together?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well mainly, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and the Minish Cap. The environment reminds me of Twilight Princess but with a Minish Cap spin to it. Link looks like Twilight Princess Link but a toon spin to him from Wind Waker, and the colors and graphics of the game are a combination of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

David

But you called me here...
I agree with you. The graphics really remind me of Wind Waker with a Twilight Princess and Minish Cap twist on the world. I really really like the new graphics.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
It reminds me of Wind Waker because of its cel-shadedness, it reminds me of Twilight Princess because of the more realistic design and its details, and it reminds me of OoT because it's very vibrant and it has an old school feel to it(which I absolutely love).

I think the graphics are pure genius. :3

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't know about other Zelda games, but I would say that the art style looks most similar to Super Mario Galaxy 2, even though the designs are far more serious.

If I were to say that the graphics reminded me of anything else in Zelda... umm, what about OoT combined with Wind Waker? That seems pretty close to me.

The graphics are something they've done right with Skyward Sword. I definitely like the graphics enough that I'll at least want to watch someone else play it. Don't know if I'll like the gameplay enough to play through it myself, though.

[FONT= "Comic Sans MS"]I think most of what I am going to say has been said here, but I agree.
The graphics of Skyward Sword look like Twilight Princess while the environment is similar to the Minish Cap. However, I don't think they are taking as much from Wind Waker as everyone is saying they are. Besides the tone and the cel-shading, the art style is vastly different from Wind Waker's. Skyward Sword has an impressionist art style while Wind Waker's is more cartoony.
I like the direction they are taking with the graphics but I hope they don't use this art style for every game. I think I am speaking for everybody when I say that variety is a good thing and there needs to be more of it in the series.[/FONT]

Majora's Cat

How about that
On a personal note, I'd have to say the most prominent feels in the graphics are the brilliant cel-shading of Wind Waker and the realistic look of Twilight Princess. I like very much how Nintendo has crafted the visuals with cutting-edge precision - sometimes the cel-shading isn't that noticable because it's so smooth. As for the realistic feel to Skyward Sword, I just think it comes from Link's appearance along with some features in the overworld. The adult Link makes the style look and feel TP-esque, but really it doesn't have that much in common. The style can be considered as close to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as it is TP. But that was for the old art style.

As we all know, Nintendo has decided to add a darker tone to the graphics. This is probably because they felt players didn't want SS to be another WW. Perhaps Miyamoto intended for SS to be taken as a more serious game - maybe the plot itself will be dark. Why else would the brightness by toned down? When I look at the new SS art style, I feel that it deeply resembles TP. I'd say that if I had to put SS's graphics on a scale, they would lean more towards the darker look of TP than WW's cel-shading. Sure, Skyward Sword's graphics are cel-shading at its core, but the direction of the art style and overall atmosphere probably intends to be like Twilight Princess. Anyway, those are just my two cents.

Feel free to disagree. :)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
It looks to me like it will be extremely like Twilight Princess without the darkness. I think it will have the feel of Ocarina of Time and the cloud tops environment reminds me of Minish Cap. I think a mixture of a few of the Zelda titles will be effective. But I think if Nintendo try and add too many game combinations into SS then it won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom