• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Colossus Series (ZELDA and General Art)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
A long time ago, I did an unusual crossover fanart. I've decided recently to take that up to eleven and do more nutty crossovers of the same theme. I decided to share and to start the general thread here after a conversation in the Shout - (oops, I mean CHAT) box got me turned again to describing one of my major gaming obsessions to new players;

Don't get me started on "Shadow of the Colossus" unless you want to hear me gush about "Shadow of the Colossus."

Anyway, over on Deviant Art, among other places, I've seen that it is quite a fad for fans to draw their favorite characters "as things." As in, lots of people draw various characters of games, anime, television shows, etc. as if they were "My Little Pony" ponies (both modern and G1), "Lion King" style lions, cats, dogs... I found one person who draws videogame characters as delightful chickens...

At some point in my art-ing, I decided I wanted to do something like that, but that I wanted to do something more obscure, stranger... statuesque... Having my imagination captured by the Colossi, I decided that I wanted to start drawing my favorite characters from other series as Colossi. It's fairly challenging, as the canon Colossi of "Shadow of the Colossus" have a lot of beautiful details in their stone armor and there are logical considerations in "how does this creature move" and "where are its weak points and "how would a tiny human fight this in the way the protagonist/player fights the creatures?"

I was going to link to the TV Tropes character page for the Colossi, specifically, to give viewers of this thread unfamiliar with SotC a look at what kind of beings/monsters I am talking about, but TV Tropes seems to be down for the day/technical difficulties. Argh. (I can link later if the page comes back).

Anyway, my series, as it stands, to be updated in subsequent posts as I create more of the beasties:

I did a Link Colossus some time ago:

LinkColossus.jpg

I actually wound up writing a crossover fan fiction as to why this abomination exists. Poor Link, poor, poor Link.

I recently painted up a Pit Colossus (that is, Pit from Kid Icarus / Brawl) after developing a happy-fun obsession with Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Pit_Colosuss.jpg

Yes, he has hooves, as the humanoid Colossi tend to do. Like is angel-self, he cannot fly with those big stone wings of his, but can be used as weapons. (I figured that he would fight in an arena / corridor type setting, not unlike the 15th Colossus and would use the wings to crush columns and to smack any would-be little warrior trying to slay him). Yes, that is Dark Pit trying to fight him. Poor Pit looks very confused. He is not himself right now. There are any number of reasons why he's become colossal ... perhaps Medusa tried to turn him to stone and it backfired in a big way.

I am working on / have half-done a Vash the Stampede (Trigun) Colossus. In sketch-form, he is modeled after the 2nd Colossus, Taurus Major / The Great Bull. (Pun on "Stampede" and the roots of his name).

I think a Zelda Colossus might be cool to try - a stationary, big-skirted creature like the 16th Colossus in the game. Boar-Ganon would lend himself well to the Colossus treatment. I'm also thinking of doing Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) up like this. I am thinking of doing Wander from SotC up as a Colosuss with one of the Colossi (in mini form) climbing up his cloak for a role-reversal...

Let me know if you have any ideas, and if I am familiar with the series/property, I might actually make your favorite character Colossal.

I like the first picture out of the two. Is there a possibility to get a front and back side of what they look like as concept drawing? I'd like to see them in a full body view :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom