• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art COLORED- Psychotic Dark Link

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Alternative title: "Where is your sexy now?! :devil:"

Let me begin by saying that doing this with a grey-black-brown exclusive color palette was hellish. Really, it was a test for someone like me who usually does colorful pieces... :C

darklinkSMALL.jpg

THREAD QUALITY SUCKS. Grrrr, check it out in my profile. Anyways, stepping out of my comfort zone was fun I suppose, but I apologize in advance for the uber-creepiness and induced nightmares :bleh: (Hey, I was the one who had this drawing glaring at me on my desktop for a week!)

My next fanart piece will be my personal take on the three goddesses, so check back for that one soon

The Maniac Link :O

Thats a good picture ^^

I think it would be a great charakter for one of the Zelda games :D
He would be a real Maniac and stuff, just screaming and Howling :O i can Even Imagine him running around and try to kill Link whit his Laughs and stuff xD

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
He's brilliant. I totally need a halloween costume like that! He is the perfect opposite to Link. I would love to see a drawing of them battling!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay, I am really having a hard time seeing dark Link in this line of light. Though that is a really good drawing (I mean seriously the color blend is awesome) I can't replace the image of a counter part of Link who is simply darker looking than he is. A maniacal Link is just not siting with me for someone whom I've seen as one of the best mini bosses. Though your drawing skills are impressive, I do not agree with the theme you've set. And for all those who hate me... well I'd probably hate someone too if they dissed the original dark Link, so your hatred is understood.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Random Person, I understand where you're coming from. Honestly, one of my original inhibitions about posting this particular picture was its obvious deviation from other portrayals of Dark Link. I chose a maniacal persona simply because we don't ever see any actual emotional embodiment of Link's dark side; all we get is a black silhouette, so I wanted to put an equally dark and menacing expression to it. Additionally, it was sort of an artistic response to all of the silly "bishie," sexy Dark Link pictures that exist. But I'm not trying to defend myself or anything by saying this, I just wanted to provide some insight to the picture's tone...

We all have our different perceptions of Link, so your opinion is respectable and it certainly doesn't warrant hatred. Thanks for stopping by and for disagreeing politely :)

That being said, I really like your sig picture

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
That's pretty good, I like the not colored one better though. Cause part of his right arm is shriveling away. It makes him look devilish.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Yeah, we all have our interpretations, so go easy everyone.

I really like this - but mostly because I've seen all of the sexy-sexy bishounen Dark Link artworks out there and have occasionally looked in on fanfictions featuring Dark Link as a character, and... regarding all of those interpretations, I'm not a fan. (Or, to put it more bluntly - "Okay, now, why is Dark trying to get into Link's pants? He's just a freaking SHADOW for crying out loud!") No offense is meant to shippers - ship what you like, I'm just saying that I don't get it.

This artwork is more what I imagine Dark would be if he were given an actual persona - something that fits more with the classic psychological "shadow archetype" for a character. Link is a hero, therefore his "shadow side" would sensibly be, well... quite evil. This piece really shows Dark saying "Hello, Link, I am the embodiment of all of your sins!"

(Also, "I am going to kill you and when I smile, all the puppies and kittens in the world die.")

I don't hate anyone and feel like everyone can have their own interpretation. Just expanding on why I personally like this one here.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really like this. Most of the time, Dark Link is portrayed as Link with a darker palette and gives off a sexual vibe. But here, you've really nailed what (I think) Dark Link is supposed to be- darkness/evilness, creepiness, something that'd give you shivers. He's just plain evil incarnate, and this image really lets us visualize that.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
NOW THIS is the REAL face of Dark Link. He gives the vibe of pure malice, hatred and danger. His eyes filled with rage and evil waiting to be unleashed, his mind buzzing with thoughts of evil and anticipation, not only that, but he has cruel ideas and vile strategies to beat his alter Ego. His hands and negative master sword have the feeling of raging bloodlust, waiting to be unleashed, waiting to crush the throat of Link! Yes! He is the fear that keeps Link on Edge! He is the shadow on the wall! He is the monster he hates to become!! He is the nightmare of Link's Dreams!! He is the quivering of Link's Heart!! He is the Embodiment of Link's dark side!

He is Dark Link! The Dark Hero!!

That was really nice, and I think I just made a moment there... But anyway, what I'm trying to say is, Good Job!

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Thanks again everyone! :)

NOW THIS is the REAL face of Dark Link. He gives the vibe of pure malice, hatred and danger. His eyes filled with rage and evil waiting to be unleashed, his mind buzzing with thoughts of evil and anticipation, not only that, but he has cruel ideas and vile strategies to beat his alter Ego. His hands and negative master sword have the feeling of raging bloodlust, waiting to be unleashed, waiting to crush the throat of Link! Yes! He is the fear that keeps Link on Edge! He is the shadow on the wall! He is the monster he hates to become!! He is the nightmare of Link's Dreams!! He is the quivering of Link's Heart!! He is the Embodiment of Link's dark side!

He is Dark Link! The Dark Hero!!

That was really nice, and I think I just made a moment there... But anyway, what I'm trying to say is, Good Job!

....dear lord.

Yes, I think that pretty much sums it up. Thanks for that very..inspired.. description XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom