• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Collector's Edition

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Whats a steelbook??
It’s a collectable case made from steel with a print on it. Usually they have different artwork than the standard edition covers which supposedly makes them more collectable. They’re also more expensive to buy as a result.

I’ve had LA Remake on preorder since it’s announcement and I think I’m going to swap my preorder for the collector’s edition, though I think Japan has much nicer artwork on the art book.

I think Japan has much nicer artwork on the art book.
In the first post here I edited it to add in the Japan CE. How do you know the Japanese artbook will have better artwork than the NA artbook?
To me it looks like it will be the same one that North America is getting but I do not know for certain as I have not seen the cover of the Japanese one or the inside pages of the NA one.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think Mamono was referring to Japan/NA. Based on my research in Japanese it seems to be the same unless I've missed something this is the listing on the nintendo online store but it doesn't show the cover: https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/HAC_R_AR3NA.html

I also like the NA/Japan cover art more but I will be getting an Australian version. One of my friends who works at EB Games in Australia has preordered me a copy of the limited edition there.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
In the first post here I edited it to add in the Japan CE. How do you know the Japanese artbook will have better artwork than the NA artbook?
To me it looks like it will be the same one that North America is getting but I do not know for certain as I have not seen the cover of the Japanese one or the inside pages of the NA one.
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the cover art of the artbook. I know it can be subject to change, but in general Japan seems to get the better looking cover art when it comes to those things. So I did literally mean on the artbook rather than in the artbook.

@Mamono101
Thanks. I follow now and I agree the Japanese covers often are prettier.

@Jimmu
Thanks for responding, but maybe best let Mamono101 answer as only he knows what he really meant.
It's good to know people around the world to get things. I know people in the US so I can ask them to get me things. Actually two of my US friends have asked me to get a couple Switch Collector's Editions from E3 that are not available with all the loot in the US. Those being Link's Awakening and Astrai Chain. So yeah I'm helping them out as they are good friends.
Also I did link the same Jappanese LA CE imag in the first post here that you did. Glad to see we're on the same page there. It would have been nice to see the Japanese cover but alas they are not showing that to us now.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I like the NoA cover for the artbook, but I wish we got the steelbook too. I have the Dreamer Edition pre-ordered. The Europeon version with the steelbook is pretty much sold out from what I've heard, but I've considered buying it too just as a collectible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom