• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Collective Wanted Features Thread.

Okay guys, heres the idea i had for a thread. Most suggestion threads for SS that ive seen were a little... out there. Sure, i want my customizable EVERYTHING, but its not likely it will happen. On the other hand, i have awesome ideas that i think would actually improve the game, and are very reasonable.

If you guys have any suggestions, tell me here, ill add them to my list of improvements/suggestions.

1. There should be multiple key types. Not only do i want each temple to have their own different key. (ALL keys in previous games look the same. The "Gear" key from TP, for example, should be a Goron Mine exclusive. The Forest temple could have a Leafy looking key, the Water temple a fishy looking one, etc. Also, two or more key types could up the puzzles and difficulty. I was going to make a fangame with three types of keys. Silver keys, (Common), Gold Keys, (Kinda common), and Boss keys, (still one per dungeon). I think this system could allow for more complicated dungeons.

2. Difficulty Settings. I want FOUR of them. Easy (Apprentice), Medium (Adventurer), Hard (Hero), and SUPER HARD (Legendary).

3. Sword Upgrades. I want 3, maybe 4 Swords. All that are switchable at any time, like in OoT.

4. Tunic Upgrades. I want 5 tunics. The original, the fire, the water, the magic armor, and something new. Maybe a "hover" tunic, something that makes you really light. To walk on clouds, maybe?

5. Enemies that interact with eachother. Very much like the ones from Windwaker, but perhaps more in depth? They could fight for no reason, link could lure them with bait and theyd fight over it, etc. Enemies that seem to talk to each other. Maybe they team up on link, not fight him individually.

6. More transformation options, such as the masks in Majoras Mask. Maybe something like transformation rings, maybe pendants. Something to bring something fresh into the gameplay.

7. If you beat the game, have a more original second quest? Playing as the villian would be a fresh change. Maybe he has some things to do constantly, while link is out an about. Surely he isnt just sitting in the castle the entire time.

8. Taking control of other characters, whether link is really in control, (Makar and Medli from Wind Waker), or its the other character controlling themselves, (The goron kid from Phantom Hourglass, and i think Kafei from Majoras Mask)

9. NO MORE USELESS ITEMS. Weve had them since OoT. (The Boomerang.) Theyve been mostly called out in Twilight Princess though. We want lots of items, that are used ALL the time. Make sure that happens.

10. Bring back the Magic! Magic has slowly diminished over the years. And personally, i want more than the three spells, and the elemental arrows. Give me at LEAST six spells, or maybe more magical items.

11. Upgrades, upgrades and MORE upgrades. Upgradable swords, shields, Magic Spells, if you can do it, go for it. It would be nice counter to a hard game. (Which it should be)

12. Shield Upgrades. To match the swords. And something besides the mirror shield please. Its getting old.

13. Different control settings. It may not be possible once you get complicated motion controls, but make things customizable, even the small things. Gameplay is important, make it comfortable for everyone.

14. Summoning Allies! Maybe have a spell, (Mirror Spell?) that allows link clones to join the battle. It takes a lot of magic, and the links are weak, but summoning others would be fresh for the Zelda series. Itd be similar to the bees from ALttP.

15. Magic Wand? With the Wii controls, it could work. Itd be pretty neat! Waving in certain patterns could have effects like the Wind Waker Baton, or maybe it could shoot fire?

16. Super hard Retrospective Skill dungeon unlocked by beating the game. Each level in the dungeon fits the theme of an old game, From the nes games, up to the Skyward Sword dungeon, and everything in between.

17. The ability to play as other characters for segments in the game.

18. Enemies start off dim-witted, but get smarter as the game goes on.

19. Use the classic utility items more often, like the shovel, the lantern, etc.

20. More Multiplayer Battle Modes!

21. Hero Customability. Maybe Link could be a girl if chosen?

22. Alternate clothing options, not necessarily upgrades, but +Fire Resistance or +Stamina, etc. Something of this sort)

23. More Minigames! Theyre great, we need more!

24. More deep backstory's from characters other than Link/Zelda/Link's Companion. Think Anju/Kafei. We need deep sidequests to go along with them. You were on the right track with Ilia's memory restoration, but it just wasnt good enough.

25. The ability to eat things that arent in a bottle, for a quick heart refill. You could roll into a tree, and an apple would drop. Youd eat it, and you get 2 more hearts. Why not? Itd be awesome! And we'd love that appley CRUNCH sound in a zelda game.

26. Triforce of Courage gets put to good use. Maybe it can heal people. grow trees/vines, i dunno. Its never really used.

27. More fishing fun! More types of fishing, more fish types, maybe the ability to sell fish, SOMETHING has to be added. Not that it isnt already great.

What other ideas do you guys have? Ill add them to the list.

Last edited:

Pikacondon

Title.
Enemies that interact with each other, like if 2 different enemies were together, the stronger enemy would attack the weaker one. I would also like multiple playable characters, or just masks, that lets you have a slightly different overall experience. Maybe, if you beat the game on all the difficulties, maybe you could play a file as the villain? I think, when this thread gets large and full of ideas, that a moderator, an administrator, or one of us, could write an Email of suggestions for SS or the Zelda game after it if SS is finalized by the time the Email is sent.

Thanks for those Pikacondon.

Actually, thats what i had in mind. Not that exactly, but you think something good will happen with the topic if we reach, say, 100?

Djinn

and Tonic
I want segments where I can control other characters again. The same thing that was done in Wind Waker when you controlled Medlii and Makar. They both worked very differently from Link and the Wiimote could make great use of this. If there was another segment where the player had a totally different character to control temporarily and they had no weapon but a musical instrument that you had to play using the controller. Or some ability that gave the player a different control scheme other than swinging a sword around.

Pikacondon

Title.
Djinn has some cool Ideas! I think if we herd together 100 Ideas, I think Nintendo could accept it as important and use our Ideas! Inform as many members as you can!Keep thinking of ways to improve SS. anyway, My next Idea is that Link's items could all have multiple uses and each item be able to do many different things so the game will be innovative, and so it won't spark conversation among the Zelda fans about useless Items.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Magic Spells. Zelda seriously needs to pump up its magic -- it's been going away bit by bit, hasn't it? It's not to say that Zelda is completely magic-free at this point, but over the years the magic has been diminishing. In Zelda II, Link had an arsenal of spells to use, as well as a Magic Meter. Ocarina of Time let you use three different types of magical arrows (Fire, Ice, and Light), along with three Goddess Spells (Farore's Wind, Fin's Dire, and Nayru's Love) bestowed upon you by the Great Fairies scattered across Hyrule. If you take a look at the past few games, there isn't even a Magic Meter. Magic is present, yes, as seen from things like the Dominion Rod from Twilight Princess or the Spirit Flute from Spirit Tracks, but it's much less evident and there aren't even any spells that we can use. Link is Hylian, which means that there's magic in his blood. Shouldn't he put that to good use? I'd much rather be able to set things on fire by pushing my fist onto the ground than blowing rocks up with Bomb Arrows.

So yeah, I'd love to have magic spells. They could also be customizable -- for example, perhaps after you've gained a certain amount of Hearts, a certain spell could power up along with you. Say that Din's Fire starts out as a little blast of embers. At ten Hearts, it'll become something like Zelda's Din's Fire from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Somewhere around 15 hearts, it'll be that awesome-looking burst of fire everywhere we see in Ocarina of Time. :D

It would also be good if the weapons were customizable and/or could be upgraded. We all know that our ammo packages can be upgraded, for example, in Twilight Princess, there's the Basic Quiver (automatically obtained by getting the Hero's Bow, holds 30 arrows), the Big Quiver (winning the S.T.A.R game once, holds 60 arrows), and the Giant Quiver (winning the S.T.A.R game once more, holds 100 arrows). What if the weapons could do this as well? The Hero's Bow could be set into three stages, and the ammo could upgrade with it. Say that Stage One would be the basic bow -- 30 arrows, normal damage. Stage Two would bless you with 60 arrows, a cool-looking upgraded bow, 1.5x the damage, along with nicer-looking arrows. Stage Three would give you 100 arrows, an epic-looking bow, 2x the damage, and awesome arrow animations (which magic)! :D And imagine if at Stage Three, Link could shoot two arrows at once? Or something like that! XD

Keep in mind that I don't mean for these upgrades to be a separate item you must obtain, like the Double Clawshots in Twilight Princess. Technically, those are an upgrade, but there was a three dungeon gap in-between them, and it treat it like a whole new item! D:

And since you already brought up the different kinds of swords, I'd also like to have different types of shields. Perhaps ones that could match with the swords? Or maybe shields that could have different effects depending on which sword it's used with?! :D Like, say that Sword A goes with Shield A. Maybe if you switch it with Sword B, then Shield A could absorb attacks or something? XD I dunno.

Another thing that I'd like to have is different control settings. In Twilight Princess, by turning the pointer off, you could aim the classic Zelda way by moving the Control Stick. This is kinda what I mean. Honestly, I don't like aiming with the pointer. :| Maybe in future games, you could go to Settings and change your controls? The Z-targeting controls are a must; Hold or Locked? What about aiming? Pointer or Classic? I realize that this feature is probably never gonna happen with all of the new motion sensor stuff. >_<

Lastly, I would be ecstatic if they gave Link the ability to summon familiars. I've always known him to be an animal person (especially in Twilight Princess), so maybe Nintendo could give him a magic spell that would summon spiritual familiars?! Imagine summoning something like a spirit wolf that looks like the Golden Wolf (TP) and fighting alongside him!

I think that's all for now. :3

EDIT: Wait, I have some more! XDDDD

This has bothered me for some time. I know Zelda's only a video game, but maybe since they've already included soups and all that, they could bring it up a step? In fact, why just limit it to food? What I'm talking about is the ability to create your own items. Maybe they could include it as a minigame of some sort. Imagine Link visits a blacksmith (like the one in Termina!), and the blacksmith lets him forge his own sword. After gathering metal pieces from around Hyrule, he's able to forge his own weapon! And maybe it doesn't even have to be a sword -- perhaps an axe, a halberd, or a spear. Depending on the metal you use and the combination of other techniques/items, you can create different things. Some of them might be temporary, like the Razor Sword in MM, if you don't forge it right.

I brought up soup because potions and all that have always been in Zelda. ;D In the same manner of forging weapons, what if Link is able to create his own food? XD I know it's a silly idea, but it wouldn't hurt to include it, right? Besides, poor Link is too busy running around Hyrule that he doesn't even get a bite to eat. D: And when he does, it's usually something nasty like Bee Larvae or potions... And I'm pretty sure the potions taste pretty yucky seeing how Wind Waker Link reacts to taking them. XD

Along with that -- and I know this is only a small detail -- I'd like it if Link was able to eat different things as well. Other than anything he can stuff in his bottle, he should be able to eat things like apples. :D In TP's Castle Town South Road, there's food stalls scattered around. When Link goes and picks one up, the game says that "the apples over there look sweeter." Then Link puts it down. Once you get "over there," the game once again claims that the apples "over there" look sweeter. -_-; So no apples for Link. There's also bread, but apparently it's "too many Rupees." >_< So say if Link was able to pluck a potato from a random farmer's garden and run off with it to the next dungeon -- then he'd have some potions and the potato, which might heal, like... 2 hearts. :D (Okay, so it's a stupid idea... It would still be nice though. ^_^) And maybe, instead of having to break pots or cut grass all the time to get Hearts, what if there were berries growing on the walls or something? Who knows? I'm pretty sure it makes more sense than cutting grass to regain health. XD

This has to do with the magic thing earlier. I think that Link should be able to use the Triforce of Courage for something other than just having it on his left hand. Zelda and Ganondorf both seem to have decent control over their pieces, but Link is way behind. I'd like to see more of the Triforce. Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom, which represents Nayru. Nayru, in turn, is said to be related to water, time, and law. So, Zelda should be able to do more magic related to those things. Perhaps she could freeze time (without help from the Ocarina of Time >_>), or switch gravity? o_O The Triforce of Wisdom also obviously has to do with the mind. Zelda can probably read minds or control minds... We should see some of that.

Ganondorf seems pretty content with just wrecking stuff. He's already been seen using fire, which is what represents Din. I think he's good to go, considering that he's also immortal after all. (Well, indirectly immortal, I guess... He lives until he actually gets killed by Link. :|)

Farore is the goddess of life, spirit, and wind. She breathed life into every living thing and gave them spirit. There's enough evidence in the games to show that she's also related to the wind. The closest thing that Link has ever done to any of these elements is in The Wind Waker, where he would control the wind using the Wind Waker. (Pretty self-explanatory.) But when have we actually ever seen him doing anything else that's related to his Triforce piece? It's understandable that he knows nothing of its power -- he usually has humble beginnings, after all -- but somewhere in the game there should be someone to inform him of this. As I said before, Farore is life... But in turn, wouldn't she also be death? (This is probably why Link gets healed by killing things...) It would be nice to see Link use his Triforce piece to, I don't know, grow trees here and there or something... Or perhaps he could be given the ability of astral projection and be able to float around as a spirit? Imagine playing a Zelda game with free flight like that. :D He might not be able to fly like Pit (from Kid Icarus) in Skyward Sword, but hopefully they'll get around to it somehow.

...I'm probably gonna edit this again sometime later. XD

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
I would love to see spells return. I was a fan of the magic used in Zelda 2 and the medallions in LttP. And with the motion controls Nintendo could add something like the Wind Waker baton. Only some type of magic wand that casts certain spells when waved in a specific way. Used the same way the wind waker could change wind direction or change night into day. The wand tool could do some of the same functions as the Ocarina of Time with things like opening some doors, summon rain, etc. It could also be used to summon spells like Nayru's Love or Din's Fire. Maybe something temporary like the shield spell from Zelda 2. Anything just to have magic back in a Zelda game again.

Lastly, I would be ecstatic if they gave Link the ability to summon familiars. I've always known him to be an animal person (especially in Twilight Princess), so maybe Nintendo could give him a magic spell that would summon spiritual familiars?! Imagine summoning something like a spirit wolf that looks like the Golden Wolf (TP) and fighting alongside him!

True Link has always been somewhat a wilderness person. Normally growing up in a small house way outside of town or in the forest. It makes sense he would have a wolfos pet or something to help him out. It would be great for attacking enemies getting their attention or even picking up random rupees from far away.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I want a special dungeon that you unlock at the end of the game, though these dungeons require the ultimate skill of puzzle solving, sword skills, and items mastering. Though, these dungeons should be a melting pot of the other Zelda games. So here I will explain the dungeon. This dungeon should be a massive castle like temple, and it is composed of multiple dungeons, and each of these dungeons, as you enter, the graphics change to the style of the Zelda game it is based on, but Link is still Link, plus the puzzles are similar to the original and they have an iconic boss from the Zelda game it's based on. Like, there could be a dungeon based on Ocarina of Time, where the graphics would like respectively like it, and the dungeon would have similar aspects to OoT's dungeon, and the end boss for that dungeon segment would be Dark Link! For The Wind Waker, the graphics would turn into a more brighter, cell-shaded style, and it's end boss would be Molgera! As for Twilight Princess, it would have darker graphics and the end boss would be Zant! Though this is just a dream of mine, it would be really awesome to have this dungeon that changes to other Zelda game's graphics, puzzles, and bosses when you progress!

1. Magic
2. Finishing blows and Hidden Skills
3. Lots of items to change up combat
4. Lanturn and Shovel
5. Stealth mission without your sword
6. Skydiving
7. Lively world
8. Lot's of sidequests
9. Upgradable items
10. New tunics and armors to wear
11. Epona
12. Incentive to replay the game
13. Hard mode

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I may be asking for too much with this...and I feel as if I'm going to sound kinda bratty, and if I come off that way, I'm sorry. I realize that Zelda circles around several basic elements as far as temples/dungeons go. (Forest/water/fire/darkness/light (also sky)) Maybe...a new order in which the temples are ventured. I mean, we all pretty much know by now that the next place we need to go after defeating the fire temple is to the lake...

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I would like to see a zelda game where you can play as more characters then Link, like switching them out in the middle of a fight or in the middle of a dungeon for a different gameplay experience. Think about all of the thing possible if this happens!

edit: and I would love it if it turned out that the Triforce of Courage turned out to have really cool magic powers too.

Last edited:
M

miketh

Customizable interface. That controller graphic off to the side is soo big. And it's going to say "swing sword" over and over?

I want to see more of the world, and less hints and tips from the giant controller graphic.

(is there a way to get these suggestions to Nintendo?)

Customizable interface. That controller graphic off to the side is soo big. And it's going to say "swing sword" over and over?

I want to see more of the world, and less hints and tips from the giant controller graphic.

(is there a way to get these suggestions to Nintendo?)
That HUD is only for demo purposes.

On-topic: Majora's Mask-stlye side quests would be nice.

G

Generations

I'm really hoping for some really good story. I'm sort of a second player, and have to watch my bro play it first. I just hope it will also keep me interested. Good music and fights would be nice to keep me entertained because first run through I won't be worrying about the controls.
I'm also excited for some new and interesting enemies, maybe that get smarter as the game goes on.

Jedizora

:right:
I ant, say dark lnk to join you so a second person can play. At the very least, i want there to be a two player battle mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom