• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Collecting the Crystals in Reverse Order

I just recently played A Link to the Past and when I got to the dark world I just went and got the dungeon items and left the dungeon. After I got all of them it was fun to beat all of the Crystal Dungeons in reverse order.

An interesting thing I found out is the when the 1st crystal was the last one to get she still said that there were more crystals to get and that she would mark my map where the rest of the crystals were.
I was hoping that the dialog would change slightly when you did it in reverse order, but I thought it was funny that she thought I had more crystals to get.

I know it was slightly more work to go through the dungeons twice (once to get the item and then later return to beat the boss), but I thought it was really fun.

One problem that I seemed to have was trying to hit the 3rd "Butterfly" boss with the golden sword. It didn't seem to damage him as often as it should have. I even had to use 2 fairies when the golden sword should have slaughtered him.

Overall, since this is one of my most favorite Zelda's it was a fun experience to play it in a different way than I usually do.

Tell me other strange ways that you have beaten A Link to the Past.

MW7

That's always fun to enter dungeons for the item then proceed through the game. The dungeon progression of Majora's Mask is entirely based on items so that's a good game to do this in as well. In Ocarina of Time I also commonly complete half of the Forest Temple (so I can finish the Water Temple first) or half of the Water Temple (to get the Requiem of Spirit before entering the Forest Temple).

Personally I try to stick more to trying to beat dungeons the first time I enter them because I have to think about what items you need to get. The absolute craziest dark world order I've ever done is 1, 4, 6, 3, 7, 5, 2, 8. To do this without leaving with items required a few tricks. Doing 4 second is a well known trick- going through the forest where the warp is. 6 can be done without the hookshot from 2 by ramming into a block with the pegasus boots in the first room to jump over the gap in the floor. The weirdest trick is doing 5 without the hookshot. Going through 5 (the ice palace) naturally you will eventually get stuck in a room requiring the hookshot. At this point you use the magic mirror to warp back to the start and go through the dungeon again. However this time you have a key that you can use on a locked door you couldn't open before so you can go through the dungeon in a whole different way.

I've also heard about another trick that I'd like to try out in the future. I've heard that it's possible but challenging to beat the Ice Palace without the Fire Rod. Apparently you can use the Bombos instead in every place you need the Fire Rod in the Ice Palace. So I might try something like 1, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7, 2, 8. The big appeal of this order would be that I think this would be the fastest way to get the golden sword. I'm not sure but I've heard that you can get the super bomb as soon as dungeons 5 and 6 are completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom