• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Collectibles and Side Activities/Quests

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14134

Welcome to my thread. We know that Zelda U will be the biggest Zelda game to date. A problem with several previous Zelda games is having a massive overworld thats almost completely empty (Hyrule field, the sky, the great sea etc). Since this is the case I want to see the world overflowing with side quests and collectibles that will make exploring this world worthwhile. So what kind of things do you want to see? Ill post mine

-Rings: The oracle series introduced the idea of having several rings at your disposal that could be worn when unlocked. The catch was you had to choose which rings you wanted to wear. I say bring this idea back to U while having some available through exploration while the best can be unlocked through side quests performed throughout the game.

-More frequent ammo upgrades: Instead of a few big upgrades to bomb and arrow capacity I say go the metroid way have small upgrades (5 more arrows or bombs every time one is found).

-Golden Bugs- Like from Twilight Princess

-Poes-From various previous titles

-Hidden Skills- More variety to combat like TP

Hunting/Fishing: SS introduced a upgrade system where items could be upgraded from collected materials. I liked the idea but didn't like the means of collecting some of them (catching birds in a net). I say bring back fishing and introduce hunting to the series. Give Link a simple fishing rod and have upgrades (lures) hidden throughout the world that allow him to catch more fish, some rare ones hidden in secret locations. Also riding down animals/monsters on Epona or sharpshooting birds from the sky could be a lot of fun. I'm sure this would cause outrage and a terrible flash game from PETA but those activists will have to get over themselves.

Horse Upgrades: I'm not sure what could be done but since we might see alot of horse riding I say spice things up with Epona that allow us to explore more of the world with her. Also how about a dungeon that utilizes Epona to complete?

Treasure Maps: Have clues that allow Link to find buried items with the use of a shovel.

The Cuccoo Tunic: There should be a collection journal that keeps track of everything you've collected in the game. Once it's complete the cuccoo tunic would unlock. Think about it. Walk into room of enemies wearing it. Get hit a few times. Watch enemies get destroyed by hundreds of raging chickens. Idk, I want to see it.

Anyways what do you guys want to see for collectibles and side quests in the upcoming game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some strong enemies spawning on the over world would be cool. Like optional mini bosses. Heart Piece reward the first time and 20 rupees after that for example. Some sort of collectibles that unlocks art work, songs, etc. to look back later is possible. Return of the Skulltulas. Some more NPCs would be nice to flesh out the world some more.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I really hope they also take the time to make cities really large in this game. Have a lot of people milling about and such. Maybe even have more sidequests in those areas with a lot of population? I would also like to see the return of treasures that you could optionally sell for Rupees or use to get upgrades (like in Skyward Sword). I really liked that feature in that game.

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
Honestly, it'd be nice to see some sort of major treasure chest that you can see from the beginning of the game yet can't open. And you could search for different keys or maybe shards of the key itself? I dunno, I have weird ideas. But it honestly would be nice to search for multiple objects to get a hidden item~

I would like to see a book (similar to Metroid Prime's scan log). Where every time you kill an enemy or use the book on it, you can add the enemy to your log book and aim to get them all in the log book.
In a way similar to the pictographs but without all the hassle of draging the pictos back to anywhere over and over and over and over. And the log book could have info about the enemies too. And a cool artwork of each one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
i would like for there to be a material quest similar to world of warcraft where we can learn disiplicnes and created our own weapons. this would be a definitive move for nintendo, again reclaiming the Innovative side of gaming instead of pure Graphical enhansements. I believe that nintendo could take 2015 by force if they make Zelda Wii Universe be as big as it can. but it will be automatically hindered by the Graphical style that aonumasama reveled back in E3. for this to work out well, Nintendo will have to establish 1080p 60FPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom