• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Colins Adventure...?

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Okay so, i had this idea a little while ago, it's about Colin from Twilight Princess.
In the end of Twilight Princess, we see Colin with a sword and shield on his back, just like Link. He said he wanted to be like Link eariler on in the game but just with horses, but then he has a sword and shield.
This is just a suggestion, perhaps they would make a new Zelda with Colin as the main character and following in Link's footsteps...?

I don't know. Just an idea. Discuss.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I wouldn't say so. First of all, it's because TP characters such as Ilia and Colin are not so popular. I don't know why, but I guess people think they are lame. Although I personally couldn't see Colin starring in a game, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I loved that scene with Colin at the end. He may not be popular, but I love that little guy.

I don't think he'd go on his own grand adventure, but I'm sure he wasn't so timid and shy anymore. (And imagine the stories he has!)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I personally like Colin. He was the shy guy who saved a girl (Beth) and changed. The whole adventure changed him. Nope they are not going to make a game with Colin as the main character. As you probably know Link has inspirered many people during the games. Think about the little Goron in PH and the other Goron who was named after him in OoT. We can only guess what Colin's life would have been after they returned home. Maybe he would have become a Hylian Knight? We never know. But it is always fun to look at it and guess ;)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It's definitely not gonna happen. The majority of people that played that aren't really big-time Zelda fans probably don't even know who you're talking about if they didn't really pay attention. I didn't really like him that much, anyway. He was probably the least interesting of those 4 kids from Ordon.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I love Colin, but I don't think he can pull a Tingle (I think there are a couple of Japan/European release only Tingle games?) Tingle is eccentric enough for that. Colin is rather plain. I think that all that needs to be said has been said -- it was a very elegant thing for him to be shown in the credits with a sword and shield, protecting the other children on the way home to Ordon. I think he is best left to subtley.

I once wrote a fanfiction where he grew up and became an artist. :O

Last edited:

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Wait. Why is this in the Zelda Theory if we're talking about a Zelda game with Colin as the Protagonist. Anyway, I have always wanted a game about this. I did have an idea for a story but it wouldn't have to have Colin. This could solve something in the timeline,but what?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Colin was always looking up to Link. I think Colin thought of him as a brother and so he wanted to look, act, and be just like Link. I'm sure Colin was pretty young, so anyone that young like that would want to follow in the footsteps of someone they look up to until they can think for themselves and come up with their life plans. I wouldn't think that there would be a game with Colin as the main character and protagonist. As already mentioned, a spin off would be probably the only way that that would happen, since I don't think Nintendo would be up to making that.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Believe it or not, I've actually had the idea before, when I was brainstorming ways that Zelda might have a WiiWare presence. My first choice would always be a game featuring Link or Zelda, but as long as a spin-off didn't replace planned main console or handheld games, I think focusing on side characters would be a good way to expand the universe and give us a side story. Plus, there's no reason the main characters couldn't make an appearance.

My first choice, again, would be WiiWare, seeing as the game wouldn't have to be as long or expensive as the titles in the main line. But unfortunately, I doubt it will happen. Even small games take up valuable time other resources for the creative team. And despite liking the idea, if they're stretched for resources, I'd rather them focus on their current releases. If they were ever looking for a way to expand, though, count me as someone who wouldn't mind it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see it happening ever. It isn't that Link is in the way, but because Colin isn't really liked as a character at all. I'm not even sure if the art/story directors see Colin as material for any kind of adventure. Had they done a Zelda spin-off that used a former NPC as main character, I'd like to agree with Febby and see it as WiiWare. Of course, we don't know what would be inside of that little package, considering Colin is afraid of everything.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Honestly, I still don't think Colin could even star in his own spin-off game like Navi or Tingle. He's not charismatic enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom