• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art CM's Zelda Art Thread

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thanks as always, guys! :D

------

Day 23 - Happy Mask Salesman

day23zad.png

Because you weren't planning on sleeping tonight...

A bit about this piece:

Seriously, the Happy Mask Salesman has to be one of THE creepiest Zelda characters of the franchise! XD

Even before reading the BEN creepypasta, I've always felt a strong sense of unease about this character. He just seems so...untrustworthy, for lack of a better word. With that creepy-fake smile of his.

The one moment in Majora's Mask where his contentment turns to rage...seriously...can never unsee.

And yet, I also adore this character because he's also very interesting. XD There's a sort of mystery about him that makes you want to know more.

Hope this one doesn't scare you guys too much! =P

Until tomorrow!

Anubis

The most inactive active
Aww, he looks so happy. :3
Makes you wanna pet him, doesn't it? <3 Though, not so sure he's happy in a 'good' way.

Just browsed through your whole thread, some of these are amazing. I especially loved the final fight from OoT.
If you still have the .psd I think you should release .png's of the amazing pictures with no background, for us Photoshop/GIMP users. ;)
I'm assuming you drew this irl and then scanned it, correct?

Keep up the fantastic work!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Aww, he looks so happy. :3
Makes you wanna pet him, doesn't it? <3 Though, not so sure he's happy in a 'good' way.

Heh...nope! XD Though...I do strangely have an urge to kind of hug him...O.O; But at the same time, I want to turn in the other direction and run away screaming.

Just browsed through your whole thread, some of these are amazing. I especially loved the final fight from OoT.
If you still have the .psd I think you should release .png's of the amazing pictures with no background, for us Photoshop/GIMP users. ;)

Thank you! 8D

And I do still have the .psds, but I don't think I'll release them without the background for free use. :sweat: People are more than welcome to ask to use my artwork if they'd like however. ;) I don't bite, I swear!

I'm assuming you drew this irl and then scanned it, correct?

You are correct. I sketch all of these by hand on paper before scanning and colouring them digitally.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Will try! :3

And thank you again everyone! That said, I can't express how sorry I am for the quality of this next piece...>.<

------

Day 24 - Monsters

day24zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Oh god...Oh god, guys...I am truly sorry for this abomination...;w;

I've been having a really hard time doing the massive group pictures in under a day, due to my lack of stamina for it, so this one, I admit, was somewhat half-a**ed. ;w;

I promise never to do it again.

Likewise, not every monster is in here. After the 15 Links I did in one picture, I didn't want to do more than this...;w;

And yes, I know that the Fire Keese looks like the Batman Logo. >.<

As for the flaming ReDead...well...that's a little tribute to my friend. I promised him I would draw it for this one. :lol:

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Oh I love this one!:clap: I think it looks fantastic.^^ And it has my favorite monster, the Redead!:D Keep up the fantastic work!;)

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Day 25 - Ricky, Moosh, Dimitri

day25zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Here are our three lovable animal companions from the Oracle series. :3 I've had the honour of playing with each of them (though, I completed the entire Oracle adventure with Dimitri).

Not my greatest work, but again, working on these every day forces me to up the speed with the process. ;w; Most, if not all of these would look a million times better if I spent a few days on them. :sweat:

I'm trying something different with tomorrow's though...so we'll see how that goes. :3

Until then, enjoy!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Here's today's everyone. :3 It's one of the best so far.

------

Day 26 - Triforce

day26zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Generic picture is generic....and pretty self explanatory. :sweat:

Though, I did do something a little different with this one. See, I was getting rather fed-up with doing only half than what I'm capable of doing with these Zelda-a-Days and decided to go all out on the initial sketches for this one and make the digital colouring secondary.

So yes, the characters in this picture were sketched entirely with using a mechanical pencil. :3

I may try the same thing for tomorrow's. Until then, enjoy!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thank you so much, Rainy! *hugs* <3 Always and forever, every time.

Day 27 - Six Sages

day27zad.png

A bit about this piece:

The six sages as seen in Ocarina of Time. :3 I know there's technically supposed to be seven, but meh...details.

Only three days left guys! ;w; So close to the end!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thanks so much you guys! ;w; Here's todays!

----

Day 28 - Barrels

day28zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Piece uploaded a little late because my internet was being a spootbag...>(

OMG! I actually got Toon Link to look right!

Anyway...some Wind Waker inspired art here...

One of my favourite activities in this game is sneaking around inside of barrels. XD

I know it seems silly, but I swear to you, it's like Zelda meets Metal Gear Solid. It is just that full of win.

That's it for now. :3 Until tomorrow, then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom