• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art CM's Zelda Art Thread

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Been eying this part of the forum for a while now and finally decided to start a thread to showcase my Zelda related fan art. :3

I only have two pieces to show you guys right now, but I promise more will come eventually.

http://celticmagician.deviantart.com/art/Phantoms-oF-Time-262211980?q=gallery%3Acelticmagician%2F396657&qo=1
http://celticmagician.deviantart.com/art/The-Final-Choice-243742881?q=gallery%3Acelticmagician%2F396657&qo=9

The two pieces of artwork above pertain to a Creepypasta I had written revolving around Epona. The top link is the most recent drawing I have done for the pasta, and initially wasn't going to have anything to do with the story at all. I just wanted to draw a really cool picture of Phantom Link riding on Phantom Epona, but somehow with adding Lon Lon ranch in the background, it actually ended up relating to the ending of my pasta (or near-ending at least). I am also aware that I have mistakenly drawn the Master Sword's hilt upside-down in this picture, so I do ask that you refrain from pointing it out to me. :embarrassed: It's quite an embarrassing mistake on my behalf and I intend on never doing it again.

The one below is a slightly older and uglier picture outlining the choice Link makes between saving Hyrule and staying with Epona. The image itself makes more sense if you have read the pasta, considering the fact that its somewhat a direct symbolization of that one part of the story but can still stand alone. The link to the story is actually in both of the artwork's comments if curiosity persuades you to check it out in full.

I'm going to rate the two artworks PG, just in case Epona's skeletal form is a little too freaky for some to stomach, otherwise they're pretty clean. There is no gore involved with these images, I assure you.

So...this is the start of the thread. :3 I know it's not much for now, but again, I do hope to share more with you in the future.

I also apologize in advance if I happen to post a frequent amount of darker art within the month...October always gets me thinking about Halloween. XD;

Until next post then, enjoy! :3

This is one of the best pieces of art I've seen, CM. I love the second one! Can' wait to see more!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Here's another piece for you guys. :3

I just uploaded it into my DA gallery and am pretty proud of it, so I wanted to share as soon as I could.

It's Link transforming into the Fierce Deity.

(Image attached to this post for viewing pleasure)

Link for larger image.

Attachments

• FDlink.jpg
    FDlink.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here's another piece for you guys. :3

I just uploaded it into my DA gallery and am pretty proud of it, so I wanted to share as soon as I could.

It's Link transforming into the Fierce Deity.

(Image attached to this post for viewing pleasure)

Link for larger image.

This I like. Body's a bit dark though, but that's OK.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
These are really good!^^ Keep up the awesome work!;)

Thank you very much! <3 I'll do my best to update to update this thread as often as I can.

This I like. Body's a bit dark though, but that's OK.

Fair enough. :3 I'll keep that in mind for future works. Thank you for the input! <3 I appreciate it.

Additionally, I apologize for not answering to your previous post. I meant to, but totally blanked on it. XD; I wanted to thank you for enjoying my art as well so far. :3

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
At the risk of seeming obsessed with my own creepypasta, I bring yet another piece of work of Phantom Link just in time for Halloween. XD

phantomlinkanim.gif

(The image was actually small enough for me to place up on Photobucket successfully this time).

Additionally, I will be starting up a Zelda-a-Day drawing project next month to celebrate the release of Skyward Sword. Would those of you who have been following my thread like to see them as they are posted? Or do you want to wait until the end for me to post all of them in a large clump?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
That look super amazing!:clap:

Ooh, I'd like to see them all in a large clump!:D But if you choose to do the other one I'm good with that too.^^ Whatever you want to do is really the answer to the question.:)

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thanks, Rain. ^^ I'm still debating on what to do, however. :/ That's why I was asking for opinions. :3 I'm sure I'll figure something out.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
To Celebrate the release of Skyward Sword and 25 years of Legend of Zelda games, I bring to you my Zelda-a-Day art project for the month of November (so basically, 30 days of Zelda goondness).

Day 1 - Link's Awakening

day1zad.png

Hi everyone! 8D And welcome to the first day of my Zelda-a-Day art project. I will try posting one piece of Zelda art a day for the entire month of November (and will likely make up for it in chunks if I miss a day).

A bit about this piece:

For someone who seems very obsessed with Ocarina of Time, why is it that I'm posting art related to Link's Awakening for my first post? The simple reason, is that this was the first Zelda game I ever figured out and defeated. Besides...the handheld versions need love too. :3

Though the game hasn't been as impacting on me as OoT, Link's Awakening was the Zelda game that got me hooked on the franchise. I adored the story to the game (and was extremely disappointed that it was all just a dream in the end. XD I got really attached to the characters).

The scene of Maron finding Link passed out on the beach is one of the most iconic images of Link's Awakening, so I thought it would be the best image to choose for this. That, and I often pair up Link and Maron for this game.

There are a lot of technical issues with this picture (mostly perspective problems, surprise, surprise), but I hope you find something to enjoy about it. :3

Also, since I am posting these on DeviantArt as well, I figure I should give you guys an additional feature...or, challenge really. I'm going to give you guys hints for what the next drawing (which may or may not be obvious, depending on what I'm doing) will be tomorrow and you guys can take a guess at it if you want. :3 Sound like fun?

Hint for tomorrow's drawing: Oracle of Seasons.

Vague, but that's the point. XD I don't want them to be too easy for you. :P

Happy guessing and see you tomorrow!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Dude, these are amazing! Nice effects and textures you have on the picture. It's very pretty and elegant. Great work, CM! Hope to see more;)

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
YOU! I KNOW YOU!!
I've seen you around DA!

Wow-- Oh my goodness. Your work is amazing.
Ehh? You definitely deserve more notice around here!

I wish that I could be so active like you to do A-Zelda-A-Day. I can't wait!

And if this question isn't rude-- How old are you, what program do you use and how long does it take to finish one picture?
Cheers!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Replies re-posted due to an error. Day 2 art is below.

Oh my...o_O Seems I've gotten some new visitors to my thread. XD

Reply time! 8D

Dude, these are amazing! Nice effects and textures you have on the picture. It's very pretty and elegant. Great work, CM! Hope to see more;)

Thank you very much, Linknerd09! :3 I really appreciate it.

YOU! I KNOW YOU!!
I've seen you around DA!

Ha ha ha! XD Really? Well, nice to meet a fellow Deviant on here. :3 Feel free to stop by any time. ^_^

Wow-- Oh my goodness. Your work is amazing.
Ehh? You definitely deserve more notice around here!

Awww...that's very sweet of you. :D Though, I will admit, I don't mind the minimal attention right now. Being swamped with online attention is a little scary from my few experiences with it. XD; So many people! lol

And if this question isn't rude-- How old are you, what program do you use and how long does it take to finish one picture?
Cheers!

Not rude at all. :3 I'm 23 years of age and generally prefer Photoshop for my digital work (I have CS5 currently), though sometimes I will combine the latter with Paint Tool SAI. It really depends on what I want to achieve with the piece.

As for how long...it varies depending on the complexity of the picture... I'd say the minimum time I have ever spent on a piece recently would be three hours, but for pieces such as the ones showcased on here so far, it takes me about 10 hours on average or more for the sketching, linearting and colouring altogether. Granted, this time is often scattered over a period of a few days or weeks, so that I don't overdo it. XD;

Great picture CM!^^ Keep up the great work!;)

Thank you Rain! 8D I will keep it up as best I can, promise! <3

----

Here's day two for you guys!

Day 2 -Din: Oracle of Seasons

day2zad.png

A bit about this piece:

From the very first Zelda game I defeated to the very first Zelda game I actually owned. Oracle of Seasons will forever and always have a special place in my heart. I was lucky enough to complete

my quest with the Oracle series thanks to a friend of mine, who owned Oracle of Ages and was kind enough to lend it to me. I kinda want to play the whole thing all the way through again.

So here is the titular character of the game, Din the dancing girl who also couples as the Oracle of seasons and is a physical representation of the three golden goddesses of the series. I adore

Din. Always have and always will. She's just so awesome (not to mention, smexy)!

Credit goes to DeviantArt's TheGeminiSage for the Zelda brushed I used here for the season symbols. http://thegeminisage.deviantart.com/art/100-LoZ-PS-Brushes-Updated-211647295

Hint for tomorrow's drawing: Seven years.

I'm off to work on day three now. :3 See you all later! Enjoy. <3

Note: Due to the posting issues I was having with this piece, I will refrain from responding to comments until the next piece is up in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom