• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Club Nintendo Elite Status Rewards 2011

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Club Nintendo is a website for people who buy Nintendo games, obviously. In each Nintendo game or Nintendo system that you buy, there is a code on a slip of paper that you punch in to your account to register this software/hardware. You complete a survey on the registered product to earn a certain number of 'coins' in North America and 'stars' in Europe. Once you amass enough of this virtual currency, you can get gifts for yourself which will be mailed to your door! The gifts are actually pretty nice, like cases, a simple game, folding fans, playing cards, etc, etc.

If throughout the "Club Nintendo Year" you get 300 coins, you earn Gold Status, and at the end of the "year" you get a free gift, no coins needing to be spent. If you get 600 coins, and you Platinum Status, and the same thing happens except the gift is generally more valuable. Some of the gifts from previous years were a Mario Hat, Mario and friends figurine, Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!, and calendars.

So, what do you hope the Elite Status rewards will be like this year?

My one hope is that for Gold, it's the usual calendar, but for Platinum, you get a The Legend of Zelda: SKyward Sword Demo Disc. Who doesn't want that?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
That is an amazing idea, I would love to get a demo of Skyward Sword. I really want something good since I added 1200+ coins this year, it took me 2 years to get enough games to register, then, once I registered them, I came up short because some of the games were used:(.

I would like to get that gold Zelda statue that Club Nintendo of Europe can buy.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I am pretty sure that it's going to be something Zelda related this year. I'm 30 coins away from 600, which will be filled by Ocarina of Time 3D. The Mario anniversary was last year, and it was Mario prizes. This year it's Zelda's anniversary, so it'll be Zelda prizes. I'd expect something like the Mario ones, only Zelda-themed.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm interested to see what the rewards are going to be this year. I've already gotten to a Platinum membership, which is somewhat surprising since I haven't really bought that many games that year, and in terms of Nintendo all of the ones that I bought were for DS. I agree that it will likely be Zelda themed. I think that a Skyward Sword Demo would be pushing it, though it would be amazing were it to happen. I'd simply be happy with a figure, or better yet Link's hat! They did it with Mario's hat once...

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Yeah, I know the demo is unlikely, but a guy can dream, can't he?I'm pretty sure it will be a Zelda-related prize, yet then again, Nintendo may get out of it with the Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack through the Club. Otherwise, they probably will.Oh, and that Link's hat idea is great as well. ;)

C

Cardkeeper

Unfortunately I barely scrapped enough to get gold this year (currently my ES Coins are 310 for the year) but by some magical force I can get another 300 coins in the next 2 weeks, maybe I'll get platinum. It'd be cool if it was something like a real-life Ocarina of Time. That would kick some serious awesome.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Wait where can I find this code I have billions of Wii/DS games?
It's usually on a slip of paper in the area where the instruction booklets are kept. Once you have located those, just make an account on club.nintendo.com and get to work on those surveys.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
So at the end of the year if I gave Nintendo my adress and stuff, they'll send me a gift for the gold and platinum status?
If you get to Gold, you get the Gold reward. If you get Platinum, you get either the Gold or Platinum status, your choice.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Ahh ok. Well what's funny is I just made my account today and I'm already at 710 points XD

Though I think I'll go for the Skyward Sword demo because my Mom always buy's me a calender for christmas.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
So at the end of the year if I gave Nintendo my adress and stuff, they'll send me a gift for the gold and platinum status?
End of the fiscal year, which is June 30th. You don't need to add anything past 600. Anything added past 600 will not count for bonuses. Your coin amount that counts towards the year bonus resets on July 1st. You can use the collected coins however for other prizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom