• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Club Nintendo '14 Elite Rewards Are Here!

Beeker

Wild Card
If you're a Club Nintendo member and have earned at least 300 coins over the last year, you can now claim a reward for being an Elite(Gold or Platinum) member! The rewards this year? Games. They range from classic Virtual Console games to full retail releases. The list is as follows:

tumblr_n8ss84ogdZ1s5li1mo1_1280.png

Decided to download DK Returns since been wanting that game for a while and although it isn't a cool physical collectible, it's a fully priced game I'm getting for free. *shrugs*

How do you guys feel about these choices? Do any of the games interest you?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Holy carp, full priced game for free?

Nice.

Wait, It's saying I was neither Platinum or Gold even though I distinctly remember getting Platinum. :hmm:

FALSE ALARM

I just had to sign out and sign back in.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I was very upset about the elite gifts this year. That's probably a bit spoiled to say, but... I was expecting so much more!

I always look forward to elite gifts. I've been getting Platinum since 2011. It's always been so exciting knowing that you're getting something exclusive to show that you have been loyal to Nintendo over the past year.

But this year's gifts annoyed me to no end. Mainly beause there aren't really GIFTS. They're just games. Games that I could go out and buy to get way cooler gifts with coins earned from them. I spent money on buying three different games just a week before the Club Nintendo year ended just because I was really looking forward to the Platinum gift. Like last year! I got a Majora's Mask soundtrack! That's the coolest thing ever, and only other Platinum members of Club Nintendo could possibly have that particular CD. (Or people who bought it from a Platinum member. :P) And those posters the year before! Again, I never really put them up, but I'm proud to have them, because it made me feel like I DIDN'T just waste a bunch of money on games that I barely even play anyway.

And this year, they just have games. I just BOUGHT three games to get here; I don't need another game! I've got plenty of games to entertain me. And anyone could go out and get those games. It's not special, it's not unique. I feel no satisfaction for buying those games at the last minute, now, and instead regret that I didn't just buy them used. I only got them new so that I could get the Platinum status.

But... There's nothing I can do about it, hmm? It's really, really disappointing, though. I expected far better from Nintendo. But I've learned my lesson -- I'm probably never getting Platinum again. It's not worth it anymore. I might not even get Gold next year, haha. (I mean, seriously, there's not even a calendar option? They always have a calendar! I'd prefer even that to one of these games!)

I'll probably end up getting EarthBound, though. Both my sister and I are interested in it. While in some ways I feel like I should get DKCR instead, I don't really have any interest in that game. NES Remix is the only other thing I'd consider getting, but I can just use the free points I got from the Deluxe Digital Promotion to get that if I really decide I want it down the road. (I guess I could do the same with EarthBound, but whatever. At least I'm interested in EarthBound.)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, this is my first Platinum ( thought far from last). I wanted something collectible and physical. Still, I always used my coins to get VC games anyway. Ah well, DKC, here I come!

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Hmm, I forgot the I even made a NinClub account last year. Plus, I got Platinum status, only have a 3DS, don't really want any new games at the moment, and none of these particularly interest me.

What do I do?

I feel like I may be one of the only people who's happy with these rewards. I've been thinking about getting DKC on 3DS for a while, and now I can just get it for free!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I really wish I wasn't dirt poor, and could've gotten enough games to get Platinum Rank, BECAUSE HOLY CRUD I WANT EARTHBOUND SO BAD YOU HAVE NO IDEA! *facedesks hard*

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I feel like I may be one of the only people who's happy with these rewards. I've been thinking about getting DKC on 3DS for a while, and now I can just get it for free!

It wasn't the product per se for me, but the selection. I might have reacted differently if the retail game they offered wasn't a Donkey Kong title.

Fig

The Altruist
While I can say that this year's Platinum and Gold rewards are the least interesting set I have seen, that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. You still get a free game for being loyal with Nintendo so it's the least they can do. That said, I can understand why Nintendo decided to only make downloadable games as the only offers for Platinum and Gold members. This is problem due to the financial problems that Nintendo is still currently facing. Sure Mario Kart 8 is helping the company out ease the pain and other titles such as Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and of course Super Smash Bros. will easily help out Nintendo recover, but we won't see those results until 2015 arrives. While last year Nintendo was still in a deficit, it wasn't as bad as this year. I believe that's the main reason behind these downloadable games because Nintendo doesn't have to worry about shipping items across the world. In previous years, anyone who was a Platinum or Gold member would easily get the physical rewards without question, thus Nintendo would spend who knows how much money in shipping and manufacturing alone. I believe that's why Nintendo didn't offer posters, figurines, or any physical reward because the cost of shipping would be unbearable and would probably give them a harder time coming back up even with the upcoming games for the Wii U.

I can understand why people say it's disappointing that this year's premium rewards are not worth it, but I can also understand why Nintendo would not want to risk it as well. I do believe next year's premium offers will be much better since Nintendo will be doing much better this coming Fall semester and early 2015. So while the rewards weren't as big as previous years, I'm glad Nintendo is still giving us something even in their troubling times. Plus I can finally download Earthbound to my Wii U.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would have much preferred a physical gift, though all in all, I can't complain. I mean, it's free, and it's better than nothing at all! I already owned most of the games that appealed to me, so I ended up choosing the NES Remix for the Wii U. I haven't tried it yet, though I'm sure it will be fun.

My thoughts are the exact opposite of Heroine's.

I've never cared for some exclusive posters or videogame soundtracks. They may climb in value over the years as their rarity increases, but there isn't much enjoyment to be had from looking at a poster or pulling out a CD from time to time. I'd much rather have the ability to download a game. Buying games to receive more games has always been up my alley hence my interest in promotions like the 3DS ambassador titles and the Mario Kart 8 free game deal.

That said, perhaps Nintendo should allow options for people who prefer collectibles and those who want to a free game in the feature. More reward options never hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom