• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Closest Call in Majora's Mask

Can you remember the time you finished what you were doing and played the Song of Time, succeeding by the skin of your teeth? I remember the tightest I ever cut things mad seven seconds left on the clock. Oof.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I've had a few, thanks to not using the Inverted Song of Time and trying to accomplish as much as I can in a cycle in my recent playthroughs. Probably the most memorable one that sticks out for me is the time I was trying to beat the Deku Butler and get the Mask of Scents. I got in around 12 AM on the Final Day, but I kept messing up and it kept eating away at my time remaining, so all of a sudden it was down to the wire with less than an hour in-game to go. I wasn't sure I'd actually make it, but somehow I managed to complete it and get the mask with just seconds to spare and immediately played the Song of Time (iirc it was 8 seconds).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A game of Majora's Mask's nature is open to many different varieties of challenge runs. For instance, I attempted the "3-day challenge" once. It is possible to do it without glitches, just extremely difficult due to the need to get Epona and Powder Kegs interrupting the dungeon order. It's very precise on timing, and after a lot of practice I got very close to completing it, except a death against Gomess in the Stone Tower Temple had me scrambling to get to the clock tower on time. The countdown begun just before the fight with Twinmold and I ran out of time just after warping back to Clock Town. As that was the only time I had come even close to completing that challenge, I have not tried it again.

I've also come to some close calls while doing no Inverted SoT challenges. In particular, getting all the stray fairies in the Stone Tower Temple without a guide was difficult. I managed to do it, but it was very close. The timer was going as I fought Twinmold and it came close to 0 but I managed to do it in the end.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Kafei sidequest by default.
I'm very good at managing my time in MM, I know what I'llhave the time for and what I won't, and Kafei's Quest is the thing in the game that ends last. Possibly getting the Postman's Hat or the last bottle from the same sidequest can be done after, but I'm not sure.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Finding the last Stray Fairy in the Great Bay Temple on the third day. Great Bay Temple is annoying.
This was my most recent one!

I remember a long time ago I was doing the "Perfect Day" run. It's basically the idea that in groundhog day there is a maximum amount of good you can do until you fall asleep. In this version I was toying around with some of the heavy hitters in no particular order. I was juggling Kafei's quest, the ranch quest, the scrubs title deeds quest, the pirates fortress quest, all 4 dungeons w/fairy's, and many more small things. I was doing a run where I only focused on the REALLY big and important things and so there I was in the frogs room of the Great Bay Temple and I saw that I had like 4 seconds left.

Didn't beat the goal, but I learned how to prioritize the important things! (Also I didn't die to the moon, so)

Great Bay had me hours away from complete catastrophe. The boss took me a while because he was kind of a pain in the ass and I couldn't find this stray fairy. So I decided to cut my losses, fled to Clocktown, deposited my cash, saved and reset time.

The second was when I tried doing Dampe's mini-game. I gave up because it was getting too close for my comfort.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
Back when I was a huge noob to MM and Zelda, I tried to play the sonata of awakening to Majora, when I hadn't even entered the swamp yet. While I was trying to figure out why it didn't work I didn't realize the time was still ticking the clock was about to leave 1 when I panicked and reset the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom