• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Click Bait

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Express.co.uk is a web site that you've probably come across while looking for news about video games. I'll be honest, their articles aren't always worthless, they do latch on to real news when it occurs. Unfortunately, even their useful articles are made out of click bait. Every time I look up Nintendo or Zelda on Google, I'm bound to see one or two articles from Express linked to the site by phrases like the following, "BIG news for Nintendo fans who love...", "Switch early adopters are FURIOUS about this one unique...", or "Update might spell the END of the Zelda..."

Judging by the frequency of their articles on the first page of my Google results, (even though I haven't read one in a month), I have to assume plenty of video game aficionados are frequenting this site. It is with an annoyed disposition and a weary heart that I'm asking you guys not to visit this site, get your video game news from other outlets or (here's a novel idea) from the source.

What other click baity sites should we avoid? Please consider this a public service announcement and add your own.

Last edited:
N4G can be pretty click baity and i'm pretty sure it doesnt really check the articles it lets through.

Also, The Know. Their Youtube videos are a masterclass in how to make clickbait titles. Shame that they ****ing suck as a channel.

Ninja

Well well well
I tend to never click on any YouTube videos that are clickbait or have a click-baity thumbnail regardless of how interesting the content may be. I agree, N4G is pretty baity, and I've noticed some IGN articles like that as well.

hat other click baity sites should we avoid? Please consider this a public service announcement and add your own.
Polygon
Huffington Post
New York Times
Gizmodo
Ars Technica

I avoid all of these (their gaming articles included) for the obvious reasons. Click bait and pushing their own political agenda at the expense of the truth and information about the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom