• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clear prequels

So I'm about to enter the hell hole of the Kingdom Hearts franchise and i know there's at least one prequel game to the first game released and this got me wondering if anyone has played a prequel game without knowing its a prequel.

I cant speak for KH yet but i know nothing about it other than Aqua is waifu and has a stupid name. So when i begin playing the games i wonder how clear the timeline will be, especially for prequels.

Zelda (obviously) and Metal Gear also spring to mind for games potentially being unclear prequels if people dont know much about the series.

Have you played a prequel to a series you didnt know was a prequel did it confuse your understanding of the series?

Last edited:
I think I played Seiken Densetsu 3 for a while assuming it was a prequel. Now I'm not even sure that series has a timeline.
Supposedly that's a trilogy.

• Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden
  • Seiken Densetsu 2
  • Seiken Densetsu 3

Translated that is:

• Final Fantasy Adventure (NA) / Mystic Quest (PAL)
  • Secret of Mana
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 (not released officially outside Japan)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
That was my first time playing MGS3. My first game in the series was actually Metal Gear Solid 4, so naturally I had no idea what anyone was talking about during the story cutscenes. So when my oldest brother took back his copy, I decided to play my brother's MGS3 to compensate. I remember feeling a bit confused b/c it really seemed like the game was introducing Snake as character, but that didn't make sense to me, I mean isn't this supposed to be his 3rd adventure? And where's Otacon and the Colonel and the others? At least Ocelot is still here
eventually it dawned on me that I wasn't playing as Solid Snake at all,so that definitely threw me into a weird loop

oh also Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories,it wasn't until Lance Vance showed up that I realized I was playing a prequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom