• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Classic Videogames Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The insistence that Boo is town just because of his claim is silly. Of course he had reason to claim given multiple people piling onto him near EoD. And VT is not only by far the easiest role to claim, but also the only one he could do safely assuming scum has no fakeclaims.

I don't have strong confidence that he's scum either, even if he's been acting like it, but he's a better lynch than I am. Someone like Killjoy, who has contributed less than me and voted for me with no reason, would also clearly be better.
I think this post is the one that makes me want to yeet kirino into the sun more than any other

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Killjoy subbing is making this a really tough situation. There's not enough from him to really make me lean either way. He did mention being uncomfortable in this game and that seemed townie to me, still does, but I don't wanna say anything certain.
I should have kept my vote with Kirino.
Unvote
Vote:Kirino

Kirino

Tatakae
so you don't think that minish had even one wolf in their PoE?
She might have, but I don’t think her being NK’d is much evidence of it. It’s definitely possible that scum killed her because she was on to something in her reads, but I think you're placing too much stock into that.

Besides, if I were scum, it'd be a bit odd to kill Minish for that reason given that others were suspecting me and pushing for me harder. In general, if I were scum, I don't think I'd see Minish's Day 1 "do lynch" list (not even a reads list necessarily) as a significant threat.

If we're going to focus on the other two within that list, then I wouldn't mind going for Killjoy, but him subbing out makes that awkward. And my feelings on Ex remain basically unchanged.

I think this post is the one that makes me want to yeet kirino into the sun more than any other
I honestly don't think there's been a single game we've played together where you haven't scum read me, and usually on Day 1.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Kirino posted right when we were discussing what she might be. That’s a red flag.

Mido

Version 1
It's weirdly sad to play a game without funnier umu
I wonder if he's reading here
Hmm, most of aLiT's games are pretty old.

Not much to really say here since I think Kirino's perspective fits the bill here in terms of setup.

I think I want to hear from @Morbid Minish and @Rubik otherwise I'm going to get worried. I'm a much happier player if you are both active, especially Min Min so we can toss thoughts back and forth to get our solve on.

Vote: Dark Boo

Kirino is atm sitting at a hard null for me atm and Dark Boo is my bottom scumlean so I'll poke there a bit too.
What's everyone else's opinion on Dark Boo? Kinda want to check that before I post my reasoning for it.

Interesting hesitation on the reasoning share, although I like that you stuck to your guns as far as the 1st EOD votes are concerned.

They seemed pushy earlier to get the game started, but as soon as the game took off, they disappeared. Other than that, not very memorable.
Honestly I'm more interested in @Killjoy right now. In his last game as Town he was pretty analytical and I liked what I was seeing even if he was being a bit hasty. In this game I'm not seeing it at all yet, hopefully he is keeping it in reserve maybe, otherwise I'm thinking he might not be town.

Vote: Killjoy

A neat set of posts right here. I concur upon my initial read-through with the reasoning you placed first on Dark Boo, but it's equally just as interesting to note your quick shift onto Killjoy/myself so soon after an ever-so slight amount of suspicion towards the former.

I'm a bit curious about your Sega theory, why didn't you vote Minish back then if you truly believed Sega games were scum?

Like the continued pressing of Dark Boo with this question.

The only point against me was inactivity, but now I’m active. So it’s not like the bandwagon on me is actually based on something.

Besides, even if Boo is town (which Moe is unreasonably confident in) it won’t be a great loss.

This last bit seems a bit too enthusiastic to justify a Boo direction. I am inclined to think there's no shared scum alignment here.

so if you can find someone who you think might be partners with dark boo and they flip wolf I would be willing to sheep you onto dark boo

the other thing is kirino and dark boo feel pretty unaligned

Agreed as per my thoughts above, although if I am going to dip into the well of potential scum partners with Dark Boo, I'm leaning SMS at the moment as a possible one. Having said that, I did not (and probably won't for the time being) consider the semantics of outside communication that ExLight and yourself were discussing regarding the VT claim.

ExLight says he’s town, but I’m having trouble accepting that.
Chevy.... I dunno about at the moment
Kirino is probably scum, I’m gonna jump on that bandwagon.

It's fair to question a potential townread, but I am left questioning if there is any more meat on the reads of Chevy and Kirino?

I had faith that when Kirino said he is going to be more active that he would be,abd when Rubik sets his mind on not being very active it's hard to get him to cooperate, for the sake of an easy PoE it was just better to lynch him early, and I think Minish thought similarly as well.

Not sure I'm a fan of this justification, although perhaps I'm missing what your PoE was at the time.

So after a preliminary read-through , here's the current score:

Won't take to lunch right now
Moe - Claim aside, he seems to be in his usual solving mode, so I'm inclined to say he's a townie based on that. My laziest read so far.
ExLight - He seems to be saying much of the right things in that nothing has alerted me too much save for hesitation to share his case on Dark Boo. Where things look pretty hip from where I stand was his continued pressuring of Mr. Boo and sticking with this direction by EOD. I generally have a hard time reading ExLight upon reflecting on Scooby-Doo and the Cool Riddles Mafia, but I do like what I have seen so far.
Chevywolf - Tone reads very pure in mode of operation, and I concur with a lot of what has been said in terms of that ringing in the tune of townie behavior. Still, there seems to be a lot of parroting coming out from Chevy's end in terms of votes, especially in following Moe in recent posts.

Will consider taking to lunch right now
Mido - Sometimes, treating oneself to lunch is a good time.
Kirino - Input-wise, Kirino seems okay. I think he assessed the setup well enough and comments concerning hypotheticals seem all right too. My red flags mostly emerge in his justification of a potential move onto Dark Boo (assuming Boo is town). Also joins the Rubik wagon without much meat on the reasoning bones, although this could also be a self-preservation maneuver as well. Overall, content seems okay, but I am concerned about the vote patterns.
Dark Boo - Like others have noted, Dark Boo seemed to talk a big game in entering the more serious phase of the game, but didn't seem to initially deliver. Reasoning behind votes haven't been the most meaty, the only one I'm feeling somewhat okay about is the self-preservation vote on Rubik. It's a fair place to be, but the track record on votes I am finding also somewhat concerning.
SMS - I don't find his justification of the move onto Rubik the strongest, especially since unlike the above two, there was no self-preservation moves in play. I also am a touch suspicious with the early vote onto Killjoy after sharing some similar concerns about Dark Boo that ExLight would eventually share.

Overall, I think I just have one question regarding the EOD votes. I saw that there was a three-way split among Kirino, Rubik, and Dark Boo, so I am wondering what might have at the time put Rubik over the likes of Kirino and Dark Boo (especially the latter as more late votes began to emerge) Did it mainly have to do with the claim?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I will admit, I have been parroting Moe a little too much. I really trust his judgement, and we agree on much of what's going on. I've just been going with him because he's more experienced than me. Before I pass any more judgement on you, what does taking to lunch mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom