• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sony Classic PS1 Games

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Anyone else grow up alongside Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Croc, and the rest of the gang? ^^

Since Crash just got a remaster, I've been diving into the nostalgia pool by watching LP's of old games for PS1 that I had forgotten, and I've been searching in my closet to see if I can find any of these old games.

So what about you? Any old PS1 game have a special place in your heart?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
PS1 was actually my first console, and boy did it have a ton of games that I loved.

The Spyro Trilogy
The Oddworld duology
Digimon: Digital World
Harry Potter
Medi Evil
Frogger's Adventure
Tetris

Those are the ones that come to mind.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I didn't grow up with the PS1, because I had a Nintendo 64 instead. Honestly, I've been buying Nintendo consoles since the SNES, and I was a Nintendo Power subscriber from age 7 until the magazine was discontinued.

As much as I loved Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie, and Donkey Kong 64, though... there was a serious dearth of JRPGs on the N64. There are a lot of PlayStation games that I really wanted back in the day, and I eventually played them on other platforms or via means that didn't require me to purchase the game outright.

Final Fantasy VII -- This was the big one. I'd been a Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, and Chrono Trigger fan... I was expecting it to come out on the N64, and then Square goes with Sony. The game came out in 1997, and I wouldn't play it for another 10 years. :(

Xenogears -- Another Square-Enix game that I was really interested in, but which I never got a chance to play until years later. It was really good when I finally got around to it, though.

Revelations: Persona -- This is another PlayStation game I would have liked. I know because I played it when they ported it to Microsoft Windows.

Just thought it might be interesting to share the perspective of an SNES-era Square-Enix fan that lived through that time without a PlayStation.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I actually had one briefly before my parents got a Gamecube and decided we didn't need two consoles.
I remember having Crash 3, the Spyro trilogy, Chamber of Secrets, some time travel Bugs Bunny game, and a platformer about a crocodile that I remember very little about except a few images.

Nope i didnt :(

Never owned a ps1. And got a ps2 late into highschool, by that time it was far too hard to play catch up.

I played the Crash remakes recently though and its damned broken.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Crash Bandicoot 2, Twisted Metal 2, Cool Boarders, and the Rugrats games.
I didn't have a lot of games for the PS1 growing up, so those few really hold a special place in my heart. We would play them a ton.
We did have a few demo discs as well, so the demo for Spyro, Tomba, and Jersey Devil also make me pretty nostalgic.

Yeah, I had a PS1 at some point, I think I played it more than the N64 back in the day. The games I remember the most were pretty obscure ones, like Deathtrap Dungeon, Kensai Sacred Fist and 007 Racing. Then there's the typical ones like Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bash, Spider-Man etc.

Think my favorite out of the lot was Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. That was the only Spyro game I ever owned and I had loads of fun with it. I have played the other Spyro games, but Spyro 3 was the game I played from beginning to end and I loved every moment of it... for the most part.

Nowerdays I just stick with the Nintendo as my PS1 broke. The only other way I play PS1 games nowerdays is through an emulator, but it's just not the same as it was back then...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
as a kid,there's only 3 ps1 games I can recall playing on my brother's console
-Ape Escape (only the first couple levels)
-Crash 3 (just one of the middle eastern and china levels)
-Arthur's Ready to Race (funny enough,the only game I can most distinctly remember)
I played these probably before the age of 7,so I don't know if there's any more I played but these are the ones I know for sure I did. Though I recall seeing my brother play MGS1 and Tomb Raider

However nowadays,I've been exploring more of the ps1's library via the psn store on the ps3 since 2015. Some of my favorites at the moment are Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, Spyro 2/3, Klonoa, Ape Escape, and the Crash series. There's still a good amount I need to play though

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I actually had one briefly before my parents got a Gamecube and decided we didn't need two consoles.
I remember having Crash 3, the Spyro trilogy, Chamber of Secrets, some time travel Bugs Bunny game, and a platformer about a crocodile that I remember very little about except a few images.

Omg I remember that Bugs Bunny game. You played as the Tazmanian devil too I think. I didn't own that game but I remember renting it from Blockbuster multiple times.

Reactions: Dio

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My older brother had a PS1 but we didn't really have many games or weren't even aware of what some of the major games were. My absolute favorites that he had were Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Spider-Man. We also enjoyed the WWF Smackdown games and Rampage: World Tour. He had Space Jam too, but I could never figure out how to play it. We even had a demo disc too with Frogger, Metal Gear Solid, Spyro the Dragon, and MediEvil which we really enjoyed but never really got our hands on. There was a snowboarding game on there too and a ninja game that we really liked.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was always a Nintendo owner and didn't have a PS1 so I had to go over to peoples houses to play.

I cant say i remember a lot of PS1 games but of those I can recall there was Battle Arena Toshinden, A bugs bunny game, Spyro and a bit of Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom