• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Games Require Classic Consoles

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I think that some games are better played on their respective consoles. Like Donkey Kong Country 1-3, it is hard to get used to the button placement unless you buy a classic controller, which I think is kind of unfair.

Also, there are games which for one reason or another are NOT on the virtual console, like Yoshi's Island and Star Fox (maybe the emulation program has issues with FX chip titles). Though, I think the original Star Fox would benefit greatly from an analog stick.

And if cartridges come back and better than ever, I'll be the happiest person alive. Matt, you just made my day with those news.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't have many games on VC (about 8 or so), but I've never had any issues. I never owned a SNES or a Genesis, and you can't get them now, so it's either VC or not at all. And while (my sister) had a NES, she forbade me to play it due to dumb reasons, and then my parents sold it. Like the others, I am unable to get one again, so VC is the way to go. Plus, VC is way cheaper.
As for the controls, I find the setup on the GC controller to be very easy to use and understand. I fool around with the buttons for 5 seconds to figure out what does what and then I'm good to go.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
There's talk that maybe in the game generation after the next one that they'll all switch back to cartridges because flash memory has already outpaced what disks could ever hold. They're just waiting for it to be affordable. The previous generation, the one with the GameCube, already had 3D like we have now. In fact the GameCube was fully capable of creating the same 3D effect as the 3DS has, though only Luigi's Mansion had it programmed into it. The only problem is that the display for it was too expensive then. It wasn't until a game generation later that it was cheap enough to make the 3DS practical.

So just wait a generation until flash memory is cheap enough, then we'll go back to cartridges. Gone will be the days of games that are on three disks. In fact for all we know they'll introduce it midway through this next one.
You are complaining about an xbox360 problem, not a disk problem in general. Don't blame disks for your xbox problems. Ps3 has one disk for everything. Even FFXIII which has like 5 different disks on xbox.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I do that when I can. I never download games on the virtual console, I play them on the original console if I can. The only exception would be GameBoy and GameBoy Color games, I have poor vision and it is very hard to see whats going on without a backlit screen.

Am I the only one left who plays their Gameboy Color/Original games on they're Gameboy Color/Original instead of a Gameboy Advance just for that nostalgic feel?

Playing a classic game on it's original console just takes you back...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have loads of old fames consoles.
I play Mario 1 and 2 on my Nes.
I play megaman games super Metroid,link to the past,super mario world etc on my Snes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jet set willy on my Commodre 64.e
There is a real magic to playing them on their original consoles.
It takes me back to the eighties when i was a kid and the feeling it gives me is so special.

------------------------------------------------------

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My NES kicked it years and years ago, but my N64 is still working and I would still be playing it had it not been for the fact that the controller is really hard on the fingers now, so playing with it is becoming quite a pain, sadly. I would have to invest in a new controller, which I don't think is very likely to happen. I did want a classic GameCube controller to go with my Wii since it was just impossible for me to manage playing OoT or MM on my wii with the wii-classic, the button placement is just completely off for anything N64. My local store could only offer third party GameCube-controllers which are cheap and hard on the fingers, so I had to hit Amazon to get a worthy controller.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Why else do you think I got an N64 and didn't just buy remakes or VC games?
I seriously wish I had an original Gameboy or Gameboy Color to play my games on, and I kinda wish I had LoZ and Kirby's Adventure on my NES (the reason I say maybe is due to battery-backed saving >.<).

Simply put, I agree with you entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom