• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clash of the Bosses

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is a thread I saw over at Zelda Eternity, and it's one I really like, so I figured I'd bring it over here. Basically what this is about is which of the two competing bosses you think would win in a fight. Keep in mind it has nothing to do with with which one you like more. It's about which one would kill the other in an all-out brawl. Here are the rules:

All discussions must reach a conclusion before moving on (an overall consensus based on majority opinion). Results of the discussions will be posted here on this very post. After completing a matchup, the new matchup will be chosen by the viewers of this forum (or by me). And please don't just reply with "This boss wins. The end." Explain why you think it would win.

So, since I'm the one with the OP, I'll get it started. Let's kick it off with a fire battle: Gohma (WW) vs. Cragma (ST).

Battles fought

Gohma (WW) vs. Cragma -- Cragma
Volvagia vs. Argorok -- Argorok

Current fight: Vaati (MC) vs. Majora
Score: 1-5 (Majora)

Vaati.png
Majoras_Mask_by_onimadness-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cragma hands down. Gohma was easily injured when Link pulled down on Valoo's tail and wouldn't stand a chance against Cragma's mighty arms. Also Cragma must be hit in its shining unarmored spots and given the brainless and imprecise attack methods Gohma exhibits, the scorpion like creature would have trouble taking down its opponent. Very creative thread idea, JuicieJ.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Definitely Cragma.

Cragma is a giant rock. Gohma is basically a giant bug encased in thin rock that can be destroyed easily. Cragma just has so many less weaknesses than Gohma, and also a much greater attack force. He could just smash Gohma like the bug it is. What could Gohma do, pinch him?

Let me tell you sirs and madams, pinching rocks is not very effective.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I would say Gohma(WW). Think about it...Her(I guess it's a her) only weakness is hardened lava falling on her head. Unless Cragma can drop big rocks...oh wait she (also calling a she) can... Hmmmmm....but they're still not that big...

Let's see..Cragma has two arms and Ghoma has eight I believe. Plus two of those legs have pinchers at the end while Crogma's are just good for smashing. Cragma also has many more vulnerable spots so it would be easier for Ghoma to damage her. If Cragma was ever able to get rid of Ghoma's armor then she might have a chance, but I think Ghoma could finish her off before then. Ghoma is much faster and could probably get in some quicker attacks.

Still going with Ghoma in the end lol.

I would have to say Cragma. It would be very difficult for Gohma to injure Cragma, however it would take a very long time for Cragma to get off all of Gohma's armor. it really could go either way. If we were looking at defensive sides, Gohma would absolutely win, but since battling is generally offensive, Cragma would have a much better chance at defeating Gohma, as long as Gohma didn't dodge all of Cragma's rocks.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Cragma, definitely. Gohma's shell is too easily stripped off (one hit from that earth plate Valoo's tail was on just cracks the mess out of it), and with Cragma's strength, I see no problem in him completely pummeling that giant scorpion beast. Gohma would also have a hard time trying to hit Cragma since I'm imaging that it'll be busy trying to avoid his hits to its fragile shell.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have to go with the majority: Cragma! Honestly, I can't think of how Gohma could attack him; he was dangerous around Link because Link was so much smaller than him, but with another creature of his size, more of his attacks become much less severe. I can't imagine Gohma having the dexterity to hit all of Cragma's weak points, like Link does with his arrows. Also, Cragma's pounding attack would completely smash Gohma's outer shell. So there. ^^

So when do we all decide the winner?

Ljjpz1

Answer Me This
I've never played ST, so I can't say much. Though from what I've heard here, I guess I'd have to go with Cragma? It seems he could pretty easily break Gohma's plating.

One thing that no one has mentioned, however, is that you have to strike Gohma's eye to actually kill it. From the looks of Cragma's hands, he doesn't seem like he'd be able to be very precise, where as Gohma's pincers could easily attack Cragma's eye. Just something to think about, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom