• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clans

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
And while I'm at it, I had a good idea for a new interest clan. You already know my knight idea, so lets save that for another time. My idea for this is a writers clan that will replace the writing section. Completely. all the existing content in the section would be moved to the clan, and anyone who wants to participate in writing would join the clan. This would make it easier to deal with.... certain people who don't follow the rules for the section, such as with plagiarism, and it protects people's work from just anyone on the internet coming and taking them. We could just set that section to private as it is, but why not convert to a clan once we know what we're going to do?

I really like the sound of that. Activity in the writing section has steadily declined over the years and is almost completely dead at the moment. This could be just the restart that the section needs. The only downside I can think of is if the writing section was restricted to clan members, regular site members would not be able to view their written works. Also, people who write using characters submitted by other users. There used to be a lot of sign ups once upon a time and the created characters came from members who were not generally active in the writing section itself. If normal members were no longer able to see the writing sub-forum, those writers would no longer be able to turn to the entire forum for the sign ups as the draw of these stories is seeing the character you created appear.

Restricting the writing forum to members only seems like it could be a step in the right direction to help curb what's been happening recently, but I think there still needs to be a place where writers can post their content for the entire forum to read. Perhaps the writing clan's private forum could be a discussion section for writing itself and other general topics of discussion.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
And while I'm at it, I had a good idea for a new interest clan. You already know my knight idea, so lets save that for another time. My idea for this is a writers clan that will replace the writing section. Completely. all the existing content in the section would be moved to the clan, and anyone who wants to participate in writing would join the clan. This would make it easier to deal with.... certain people who don't follow the rules for the section, such as with plagiarism, and it protects people's work from just anyone on the internet coming and taking them. We could just set that section to private as it is, but why not convert to a clan once we know what we're going to do?

I'd have to disagree with this. The writing section has been one of the more dead sections for a while now, and I am worried that restricting access to only members of the writer's clan would only hurt it even more. For starters, making it a "writer's clan" gives the impression that it is strictly for writers. There are a few people who just like to read the works in the writing section. By converting the section into a clan, readers would possibly not sign up for it, for they are not writers, and then there is even less activity seen and less of an incentive to write (people want their work to be read).

And typically, most writers are on the fence about whether or not they want to start. A clan that you have to join would only turn people away from writing and cause an even further decrease in activity. It just seems like overall a bad idea. The section is fine as it is now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think we see how this clan idea works out first (the Magma/Aqua one) and if it's successful, then we know the general direction that clans should take. Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom