• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clans

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
We could be even more niche than the general cliché tribes. Vote on the number of clans introduced and then what those specific clans should be.

There should be a couple of Zelda-based clans and sime Pokémon ones as well. Oh and some general ones, too.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think people should apply to be clan leaders then there can be as many clans as there are good ideas. Admins and CCs review the application and approve of it if there seems to be considerable backing. Likewise, if a clan does not do well or later becomes inactive, it will be removed.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I think people should apply to be clan leaders then there can be as many clans as there are good ideas. Admins and CCs review the application and approve of it if there seems to be considerable backing. Likewise, if a clan does not do well or later becomes inactive, it will be removed.
What if a clan doesn't want to have a leader though? Some might want to be more of a co-op effort where no one person is in charge of anything.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Then I think it would undergo a similar process. However there would need to be a clan manager of some sort to manage the clan to some extent. Sort of like Thar in the HKs. So I guess what you'd do is have the clan "leader" take a role that's equal to everyone else and only be the leader in name.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Copypasting this here for you Locke

I think HK and Clans are two entirely different discussions. If you want to remove HK, sure. If you want to add clans, sure. If you want both, sure. If you want neither, sure. The ideas currently surrounding clans don't line up at all with what HK is. [ilquote=Garo]It's like replacing a broken cell phone with a toaster. Sure, the toaster might work splendidly, but it doesn't really address the broken cell phone at all[/ilquote]

So, thanks for finally bringing back the Clans discussion thread, Matt. I think such discussion is much better suited there than here.

I would not say that thats two entire different discussion. But i would say we are getting ahead of ourself seeing we don't even have a clan system to begin with.

Like i said, you can easly make a "active user" or "role model" clan if you wanna keep some of the concept from the HK after the rank is removed. BUT, please don't make the same mistake of letting them vote among themselfs or give any special privileges. You can either let the whole forum nominate/vote, similair to the golden key awards, or let the staff vote among themselfs.

Besides, it doesn't necessarly needs a special banner or group color. Just give it a logo and put a seprate tab as "award showcase" and "gift showcase". An alternative would be by putting it at the user info.

Lets take you for example:
Clan: My Little Pony
tumblr_static_cva0tfr0x80so8kkw0wwko0gw.gif

As for details, i suggest there would be no such thing as custom clans that members can create themselfs.
As for the clans themselfs:
Zelda Expert - person who has alot of exp and knowledge in zelda games and/or is often active on zelda boards
Pokemon Expert - person who know alot about pokemon and/or is often active on zelda boards
Mature Debater - person who can debate in a proper fashion in MD
Mafia - person who is often active in mafia board
Role Player - person who likes to role play alot
Fan Artist - person who often makes fan art and/or is often praised by their skills

Like i said, straitforeward things. No need for clans that doesn't serve a pupose or some sort of fanclub to create rivalry.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
As for details, i suggest there would be no such thing as custom clans that members can create themselfs.
Well the general impression isn't that they can just go and start one like they could a group. Seems that people are agreeing that we could have as many clans as ideas, and that a proposal for one would be made, and then it'd be set up by the staff and that's how it'd go.

I think people should be able to join more than one clan. And that they can choose which one's color to use, easy enough for the staff to set that up. I had three ideas for how many clans you can be in: Three, for the commonness of how that number turns up in Zelda Games. Six, for it being the maximum party size in Pokemon. Or as many as we want. Either of those options sound good. But definitely not just one. Only one would limit the possibilities for clans. Especially my idea to reform the knights into a support group that helps people deal with issues. They shouldn't be forced to leave the clan they're in to be able to go into that one. Or join any other one. With the badge system we were considering, I think it could easily accommodate multiple clans. Not having a hard limit on the number can be more flexible. And then you can handle people being in too many on a case by case basis, say someone is in ten and wants to join another one, you can say to them "Dude, you're a lot already, do you really need all of them?" Kind of like how we deal with sigs now, a more casual approach that focuses on extreme cases without hindering everyone in the process.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I'm inclined to agree with you, Locke, and Onilink89. I was under the impression that there would be a set number of clans from which we would be able to choose to join, each having some sort of common ground with its members such as creativity (writing, graphics), Film and TV (anime, movies) etc just to name a few generic examples off the top of my head.

Having users able to create several clans only to have them deleted due to inactivity or lack of members would just create the same tensions between everyone that we're trying to resolve.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I feel like having staff approve clan proposals and arbitrarily remove people who are in too many clans would introduce a lot of unnecessary drama.

I don't really have a opinion about joining more then one clan or not. But i do agree that staff should approve clans and judge them.

But im also trying to see it from a technical standpoint here. Even though this clan idea can be made possible, its the maintenance thats bothering me. First of all, i wanna know if this clan idea can be made possible without going to the mod panel everytime and add people one by one into groups/clans/rank. This way it would be more simple for both the members and the staff. Thats why i suggested to add clans as "user info" with that example i gave to you. Like Settings>Edit Profile>Have a Clan menu. That would mean that members would have the freedom of joining every clan they want. But you can still cut down the work of the staff if there would be clans that would require nomination and voting.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I like the idea of having set number of clans, and having a personality-like quiz to decide which clan they'll be in (not sure who suggested this, but I think it's a great idea). This will stop clans from becoming cliqish and it could allow a chance for people who don't usually converse, to get to know each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom