• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Citys, NPC's in SS

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I myself love the citys and races in all zelda games, they are so interesting.
i wish they could make the citys MUCH more detailed and bigger. :cool:

Hope the citys could be huge and each race having it's own palace and rulers so you could build up your friendship with each city and get discounts, exclusive mini-games, special items and so on...:yes:

And the npc's shouldn't just stand in one place, they should walk around and do things and offer you jobs or quests.

And the shops shouldn't just sell potions and fish, kinda like I said before if you build up your friendship enough with for example the gerudos you could get an offer to buy a faster horse, or if you get frienndly with the zora's why not get the opportunity to get a special underwater item? :thinking:

That would be WAY cooler than having the option to buy A red potion, A blue potion and a fish -.-

let me know what you think :)

Djinn

and Tonic
I would love for the NPCs to do more than just sit in one single location and repeat the same phrase throughout the game. The fact that they can go completely unchanged and do the same old things while Link is on his quest saving Hyrule gives the player this feeling that his actions are going totally unnoticed by everyone living there. I believe something more should be done with them, give some more of them a purpose,or create a miniquest that involves them. The friendships idea you suggested sounds interesting and might actually give the otherwise pointless townsfolk a purpose.

The uselessness is especially true for the other villages outside of Kakariko and Castletown. The Gorons in goron city and the Zora in the waterfall have absolutely no more purpose after you leave the first time. There is no reason to go back, not for a store, or sidequest, only to same them from Ganondorf or some other threat and wonder on your way. Technically there are only two or three major characters in each of those villages that serve a purpose while the others are there to take up space and display a population.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I totally agree, it seems sometimes pointless saving hyrule from evil when it doesent do any difference in some games

In MM there were three days, and people's lives changed in those three days and it felt like a more alive world.
The townsfolk could open up to Link if he got a good enough reputation with a specific city and gice Link mini/side quests and not just stand around but travel to other cities, and there is another thing that bugs me sometimes is that you rarely see other races in other continents/cities.

Not to troll on the zelda games I still love them but there are things like these that could improve the game and make it more fun to play.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Hum, maybe bigger cities, sure. What I really want to see though, is a huge majestic castle town. My theory about Skyloft though would suggest that it would be Skyloft town, because I believe that some villagers and the royalty were removed from Hyrule after it got overrun by evil forces, and then got moved to Skyloft to protect them, and to protect Link, as he is the hero that would free the land below...

(Good stuff for nerdy theories!!! :D)

Last edited:

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I hope it doesn't turn out like WW with the cities. It was Windfall and then nothing. And ST had pretty good NPC's. It was really fun to drive around people in the game.

Something I've been wondering about is if it maybe is just a big city like Clocktown.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I hope it doesn't turn out like WW with the cities. It was Windfall and then nothing. And ST had pretty good NPC's. It was really fun to drive around people in the game.

Something I've been wondering about is if it maybe is just a big city like Clocktown.

would be realy cool if all the capitals of the races were as big or bigger than clock town teeming with people that have dilemmas to be solved. :D

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
The NPCs were one thing that MM did the greatest job on. No other game can compare to the way the NPCs acted in that game. To see each character evolve, encounter problems, and react to their impending doom. To see NPCs similar to that is something I really want to see!

Also, more dialogue for them is a MUST! Maybe, after each dungeon, the people in the area around that dungeon will notice the change in atmosphere, and maybe not thank link directly, but wonder who did that (because the majority of the time, the NPCs dont even react to the situation). NPCs who maybe change dialogue after every dungeon, so they notice the world around them changing! And for the love of Nayru, dont have more than 1 NPC say the same dialogue. No matter what. It is boring, and unoriginal, and annoying.

Anyways, just my thoughts :)

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I completely agree. I don't really have anything to add besides that.

And you're right, Clocktown did feel more alive because the people had schedules, nothing stayed the same, etc. I'm just afraid we won't see NPC's of that caliber again.

of course I agree, and I hope there could be some sidequest that you can do many times (and they can change a little from time to time)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
of course I agree, and I hope there could be some sidequest that you can do many times (and they can change a little from time to time)

hum... What exactly do you mean by doing them many times? Just wondering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom