• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Cia of Hyrule Warriors

I'm curious, what do you all think of Cia?

Personally, I like her. There's the obvious being that she's the first main villain since Veran to be a female. (Ignoring a certain character due to them being a well-intentioned extremist and being someone's pawn)
Plus, I like her backstory, being in love with Link but jealousy towards Zelda allowed some entity to corrupt her. For once, we have a villain whose goals isn't just lust for power or conquest.
Some people have complained about her look. Personally, I like it, but not for the reasons you may think (Okay, maybe I do). I like it because I think it goes with her obsession with Link and I can see her trying to seduce him, convince him to join her side.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Um, Veran was a pawn too, the true main villain of OoX was Twinrova who you fought at the end of a linked game then after, you fought soulless Ganon who was also just a pawn due to him not really being ganon as he was without his soul so he had no will at that point. So, if Veran counts as villain even she was just a pawn, so should Hilda but only for her role in ALBW. Also, how is extremism not considered an act of villainy, especially in Zelda since when ALL the villains of Zelda by far in the official games were ALL "well-intentioned extremists"? So by your logic, Vaati, Zant, Onox, Veran, Twinrova, Majora/Skull Kid, Dethl, Malladus/Cole, Byrne, Bellum, Ghirahim, Demise, Ganondorf, Yuga, Agahnim, and Hilda all didn't count? Also, must I include the new villains for HW, Cia, Valga, and Wizro?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm liking her as well. I am sick of villains trying to be Ganon that just aren't. Ghirahim was refreshing until Demise showed up, who was just Ganondorf on even higher doses of steroids than usual. Unless they bring back Ganon, i don't want any villain to be similar to him. Cia, couldn't be more different. She is in love with the protagonist, even after her corruption it is said she wishes to make Link hers as well as the land of hyrule, i imagine a different hero villain relationship than we are used to and can imagine some interesting interactions between the two of them.

With Cia trying to seduce link, I think her design in perfect. She flaunts a figure that I imagine men would find very attractive and her outfit perfectly shows off her...assets, hoping for jiggle physics personally, in SS the moblins belly's wobbled, time for the physics to be put to a more pleasing use.. Her mask is an interesting one, it has a long birdlike shape with a beak like protrusion. Could it be she has a long witches nose like Kotake or Koume? Considering Cia likes to hang about the lanayru reigon, which is the home f the gerudo, it could mean some connection.

Um, Veran was a pawn too, the true main villain of OoX was Twinrova who you fought at the end of a linked game then after, you fought soulless Ganon who was also just a pawn due to him not really being ganon as he was without his soul so he had no will at that point. So, if Veran counts as villain even she was just a pawn, so should Hilda but only for her role in ALBW. Also, how is extremism not considered an act of villainy, especially in Zelda since when ALL the villains of Zelda by far in the official games were ALL "well-intentioned extremists"? So by your logic, Vaati, Zant, Onox, Veran, Twinrova, Majora/Skull Kid, Dethl, Malladus/Cole, Byrne, Bellum, Ghirahim, Demise, Ganondorf, Yuga, Agahnim, and Hilda all didn't count? Also, must I include the new villains for HW, Cia, Valga, and Wizro?
Okay, I didn't explain well enough. I don't really consider Hilda the main villain since she wasn't the character Link faced directly, more Yuga.
Also, I thought Veran was a willing part of their plan. It's been a while since I played Ages.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Also, how is extremism not considered an act of villainy, especially in Zelda since when ALL the villains of Zelda by far in the official games were ALL "well-intentioned extremists"? So by your logic, Vaati, Zant, Onox, Veran, Twinrova, Majora/Skull Kid, Dethl, Malladus/Cole, Byrne, Bellum, Ghirahim, Demise, Ganondorf, Yuga, Agahnim, and Hilda all didn't count?

Are you saying all these villains are well intentioned? Only Hilda, Byrne and Skull Kid were not actually evil people

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I kinda like her too. I don't mind her appearance so much, now that it's been revealed that "She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality." (Translated from the magazine that was posted on the ZD home page) While I do feel like there's a classier way to show 'sexy', I appreciate the fact that her appearance does fit with her personality (Please no giggly-breast physics though. As a girl, they make me a tad uncomfortable.)

A lot of people were complaining about the whole 'Villian in Love with the hero' thing, saying it was "fan-ficcy", but I think it could be interesting. From what we know about Cia, she's not inherently evil, but jealousy weakened her heart enough to be possessed by something evil. I almost feel like the part of her that's still pining after Link is the little part of her that remains from her "good soul that had been chased out of her by dark forces" (Also translated from the magazine)

Plus, I kind of feel like a villian who loves you is almost more intimating than a villain who hates you, because they won't be just satisfied with killing you and being done with it.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Overall plot overview of her character was poor. I'm sure once we get the game and the details on the story, I will enjoy it, but the overview sucked.
Her design screams Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei. However, designs like that I just never found attractive. I absolutely hated Ivy from Soul Caliber. Time will tell though whether I appreciate her or not.

I know I sound negative about her, but I do like her relevancy in the story and the recent flux of news has made me excited for the game.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
i think that boobs is a good character because boobs has a rational intention to seduce boobs with boobing boobs

wait what was the question

oh yeah

I freaking love her design so much, regardless of how much of her cleavage is showing. Her backstory is tolerable too, though the whole jealousy card has been played one too many times in a plethora of series, so I'm a little cautious as to how they'll work with it.

I think I'm liking her already, too bad she'll never show up again after this.
And we will never see any action between her and Link

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm so excited for Cia. I've been hoping for a female villain for quite a while! And she's so incredibly different from any official Zelda villain and I'm eager to see how her characterization goes. We've never had a character that's really "seductive" in the Zelda series. ...Not that we ever really NEEDED one, but still. She has a ton of potential.

By the way, can anyone give me a source that says she's jealous of Zelda? I can't find an official source that says that but it sounds so incredibly awesome. Seems to imply we might have official ZeLink for the first time ever, too.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I just found out about her (along with the other info dump) and I'm liking her. The past few releases have shown that Nintendo intends to increase the romantic angle in the Zelda series, and making the main villain someone who is in love with Link but is corrupted by it is an interesting angle for a villain that we haven't seen in the series before. While I still maintain that the series shouldn't delve into the over-sexualization of females that seems to run rampant throughout the gaming community at large, this seems like a safe option: put the slightly more mature material into a side game made by another developer and see how the fans react to the end product.

As far as her physical appearance goes: I don't mind it as of right now. It's obvious Team Ninja's design philosophy is at work, Nintendo is obviously okay with them putting those type of characters into their main franchises because otherwise why would they have contracted them to make it for them? She's also utilizing her feminine wiles to try and win Link over instead of dressing like that just to... dress like that. There's an actual purpose to her outfit, so that makes it better in my books, although she probably could have found a slightly classier way to go about it... but eh, I guess that's the corruption of evil for ya.

As long as it doesn't go into over-sexualization or weakening of characters, I'm fine with it. Please, for the love of all that is good, don't let their characters turn out like what happened to Other M, that story was a train wreck. Also please Team Ninja no jiggle physics, that's just distracting! If she's going to be wearing that revealing of clothing at least make it reinforced clothing that holds its shape and actually acts as armor for her instead of flowing like the wind because, again, that's just distracting.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It's sad to see a new female Zelda villain who has a lot of potential but is reduced to "talking breasts who's main obsession is the Oh So Perfect Male Protagonist"
I do like her, but I just would've liked to see someone who WASN'T another Veran. Zelda is known for a diverse cast, so what's the deal?
At least Nintendo didn't design this one.

This is the first I've heard of her and I'm sure her design cant be that bad, given the design of Ocarina's err...great fairys *goes to look*

Nm I take back what I said.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom