• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chrono Trigger

I just beat the RPG Chrono Trigger. It was amazing to say the least. The 10 different endings, all of the characters, and the time travel elements make this game simply amazing. Plus, the tech attacks are great, especially the triple techs.

What are your thoughts of Chrono Trigger?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I heard postive reviews about this game, but i never played it. I wanted to donwload it from VC, but then i found the DS remake. Which is rare, since it was not released europe. Luckly the DS has no region lock. But i still havn't played the game, it is just there between my other games, still wrapped in its plastic foil =P

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
Wonderful game. I loved it. You should also play Chrono Cross. But keep it mind thats its not quite like Chrono Cross (Not much time travel, bigger focus on Story, over 20 playable characters etc.)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I have Chrono Trigger for the Virtual Console but right now I'm playing a bunch of Metroid games. I'll get to it sometime!

For all you guys who haven't played the game, I suggest that you do because it is IMO the second best RPG ever made. The only RPG better is Final Fantasy 4.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have loved Chrono Trigger for years. I think i have gotten most of the endings, there are a few that you can accomplish during the middle of the game as well if you know how to do it. Although it is a bit shorter than the average 16bit era RPG, I still like it as one of my favorites. I still happen to have a SNES copy lying around, and I also have the PSX remake with the added scenes, but I rarely play that one when I feel like playing again. It has a very good story and a lot of interesting characters. I liked seeing how the present day kept changing each time I went back in time and completed an area. I really wish Square would bring back this series some time in the future.

Chrono Cross was never a satisfying ending to the story to me. It just lacked all the charm of the original and largely ignored some of the more interesting aspects of the first game to make it a good sequel.

One of the greatest RPG....no wait...one of the greatest games period. A tremendous and deep title. I love how open-ended it is and how choices you make effect the story. It's also has a great plot and smooth gameplay and a great score. I can't say enough how wonderful a game it is. If you haven't played it yet, then do it!
It also helps that I am a sucker for time travel stories.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
For all you guys who haven't played the game, I suggest that you do because it is IMO the second best RPG ever made. The only RPG better is Final Fantasy 4.

Then you havn't played Xenoblade my friend. If only USA knew how epic this game actually is.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Chrono Trigger is the best RPG ever, of all-time. And I've played games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy VII, to say teh least. Why have I not included Zelda in the list? Zelda is what I consider Hack'n'Slash/Action/RPG, in a sense, all three of those genres of gameplay, and not merely the one.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Then you havn't played Xenoblade my friend. If only USA knew how epic this game actually is.
Aahh, don't remind me, I live in the U.S.

Anyways, I loved Chrono Trigger, but I always thought Chrono Cross was better. You should play it if you can.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Chrono Trigger is pretty much the best turn-based-battles style RPG I've ever played, hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom