• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chrono Trigger

Mehplep

Simply awesome
If anyone here haven't played Chrono Trigger, I am vastly dissapointed. Seriously.

Chrono Trigger is my all time favourite RPG, and will probably be for quite some time. Everyting in the game just clicks. The battle system with dual and tripple techs was awesome, and it was one of the first games I spend probably more than 40 h with, on the first run through. Only problem with the game? Costs ridiculously much. The cheapsest copy I've seen costed $85 o_O And that was without the box... I WILL own a copy some day, I WILL!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Finished it up a short while ago. Best Square game I've ever played. Which may say a lot or very little since I don't like Square very much.

REVIVE 3D WORLD RUNNER!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Well yes I know that. But whether I finish finish the game is a whole other story than just beating the game the first time.

Chrono Cross wasn't a sequel. You can find that information anywhere. Chrono Cross was a different game.

It has ties to Chrono Trigger.
So yes it is a sequel.
Spoiler for Chrono Cross.

Magus sister Schala fuses with the dying Lavos and becomes the Time Devourer.
Source:Chrono Compendum.

Last edited:

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Chrono Trigger is said to be one of the best RPGs ever made, and it may not be the best, but its pretty flippin good if you ask me. Ive played it at a friends house as I don't own it, although im thinking of buying it on my SNES, or maybe DS because it would be cheaper. But again that would have to be off Ebay since the local game store here is selling it for +$100. Yeah Im not even kidding. Im sure its top 3 on my list of SNES RPGs since the SNES had ALOT of great RPGs (EarthBound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Tirgger, Secret of Mana etc.)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPGs ever, but only after EarthBound/Mother Series and Final Fantasy VII.

I played the original SNES version and own the DS version and it is awesome-o

Kybyrian

Canadians and your overpriced items....

I hope you manage to pick it up, though. You really get more into it and finish a lot of stuff once you own it. There are a lot of different endings, items, and everything. It seems to never end.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Canadians and your overpriced items....
At least he can buy it. I've never seen Chrono Trigger being sold in a store. And that's both the Snes version and the DS version. It's as if they don't exist here. D:
Then again, I don't have a Snes or DS. Though if the price for a DS ever dropped to a reasonable price, I would totally get one just for CT (obviously, only if I could find it).
And I've said it before, I'll say it again. I will not buy it online. I have issues with that. :/

Kybyrian

Why do you have issues with buying things online? It would be worth it, aside from the fact you don't even have an SNES or a DS.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
There are a couple of reasons. Like, the whole payment thing, or what if what I was sent was something else, or was just a dud. I'm just really sceptical about the whole thing. I've just heard so many horror stories about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom