• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Christmas: Are you looking forward to it?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So with one thing and another this occured to me, are you as an individual looking forward to christmas?

For me the answers a no, i honestly dislike christmas now, as a kid i liked it but now that i'm older i see alot of the stress it's putting on my family, the stress of trying to make everything seem really good and cheerful and festive when in reality you might not be feeling that way at all, i've seen the amount of effort that goes into it year after year and man am i appalled at how much goes in for so little return, not to mention problem family and the like. Overall i'd rather christmas just wasn't a big thing anymore.

So hows bout you fellow dwellar of this dungeon we're locked in, are you looking forward to the 25th?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To be honest I like the time before Christmas the most. The songs on the radio, the decorations downtown and through the windows of every average person. But Christmas itself is not doing it so much for me. I love this time of the year the most of all but not for Christmas itself. It's more the weeks and days before Christmas I love the most

No, I'm not.

My early years weren't great and I had to suffer neglect and abuse for a long time until things changed. Christmas was always different though because my family would always pretend that nothing was wrong. They would always pretend the hate wasn't there on that day.

It was horrible because the smiles were through gritted teeth and it was so fake and forced it felt like a waking nightmare. And of course the facade would always crack and there'd eventually be arguments and tears and more punishment.

I cannot now, in my adult independent life, feel a true happiness around Christmas. I cant help but feel as if people don't mean it. I cant help but feel like everyone is lying. They all feel as if they're all just pretending because there's a rule in society that Christmas is supposed to be the one true 'good' day of the year.

People's good will around Christmas doesn't compute in my head because it doesn't feel genuine.

As for this year specifically, still no.

Still no because this year I lost a loved one, lost my damn job, ended up on more than one form of medication and counselling because people were worried i was gonna do myself in.

I have no money so i cant buy anything for any one. And all i can ask for this christmas, a time of giving, is for the people i live with to pay my monthly bills for December and January.

So what a wonderful ****ing time i'm gonna have this year on top of how i usually feel.

Am i looking forward to Christmas? Am I ever?

No. Never.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, I'm not.

My early years weren't great and I had to suffer neglect and abuse for a long time until things changed. Christmas was always different though because my family would always pretend that nothing was wrong. They would always pretend the hate wasn't there on that day.

It was horrible becauee the smiles were through gritted teeth and it was so fake and forced it felt like a waking nightmare. And of course the facade would always crack and there'd eventually be arguments and tears and more punishment.

I cannot now, in my adult independent life, feel a true happiness around Christmas. It cant help but feel as if people don't mean it. I cant help but feel like everyone is lying. They all feel as if they're all just pretending because there's a rule in society that Christmas is supposed to be the one true 'good' day of the year.

People's good will around Christmas doesn't compute in my head because it doesn't feel genuine.

Still no becauee this year I lost a loved one, lost my damn job, ended up on more than form of medication and counselling because people were worried i was gonna do myself in.

I have no money soni cant buy anything for any one. And all i can ask for this christmas, a time of giving, is for the people i live with to pay my monthly bills for December and January.

So what a wonderful ****ing time i'm gonna habe this year on top of how i usually feel.

No. Never.
If I could give you the most perfect game you ever wanted I would do so in a heartbeat. If I could make it right for you, I would.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No, I'm not.

It was horrible becauee the smiles were through gritted teeth and it was so fake and forced it felt like a waking nightmare. And of course the facade would always crack and there'd eventually be arguments and tears and more punishment.

I cannot now, in my adult independent life, feel a true happiness around Christmas. It cant help but feel as if people don't mean it. I cant help but feel like everyone is lying. They all feel as if they're all just pretending because there's a rule in society that Christmas is supposed to be the one true 'good' day of the year.

Still no becauee this year I lost a loved one, lost my damn job, ended up on more than form of medication and counselling because people were worried i was gonna do myself in.

I have no money soni cant buy anything for any one. And all i can ask for this christmas, a time of giving, is for the people i live with to pay my monthly bills for December and January.

So what a wonderful ****ing time i'm gonna habe this year on top of how i usually feel.

No. Never.

<3 Sorry you had to go through all that. Wish you could have a perfect day like it is supposed to be and didn't have to feel that negativity around it. I'd get you a present if I could so just having your bills paid wouldn't be the only thing you got.

Also maybe when I finally make Christmas 2 a thing that date won't have the same feeling for you.

So with one thing and another this occured to me, are you as an individual looking forward to christmas?

For me the answers a no, i honestly dislike christmas now, as a kid i liked it but now that i'm older i see alot of the stress it's putting on my family, the stress of trying to make everything seem really good and cheerful and festive when in reality you might not be feeling that way at all, i've seen the amount of effort that goes into it year after year and man am i appalled at how much goes in for so little return, not to mention problem family and the like. Overall i'd rather christmas just wasn't a big thing anymore.

So hows bout you fellow dwellar of this dungeon we're locked in, are you looking forward to the 25th?

Christmas is my favourite time of the year and I am definitely looking forward to it. The last couple of Christmases have been **** because I was feeling ****ty around them but this time it is better. I have put the effort in with the decorations and really have the feeling of Christmas spirit within me again.

I can't wait for Santa to come and deliver all my presents and also to give my gifts out which I have bought for people. Also looking forward to eating the Christmas food.

funnier6

Courage~
For me, I am absolutely not looking forward to Christmas. Cause that’s when Christmas is officially over. :c

I love the music and the cheer and the decorations and the family and the food and it’s just too short. I love that there’s a holiday for giving so I can show how much I care and appreciate my friends and family without needing a particular reason. Plus I barely have time to learn new Christmas songs and then wham too bad you missed it! <\3

Reactions: Dio

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Like all holidays, I'm alone on them. To me Christmas is more of a regular day, just a little more quiet for me. I got nothing against the day at all. I only exchange presents with my roomates, we do so on Christmas Eve because they spend Christmas day with their own families. So Christmas Day is uneventful.

Last edited:
When I was younger Christmas felt more magical. A big man with a white beard in a fuzzy red outfit was breaking into our house to give me most of the things I asked for that christmas, it was pretty exciting. Now I'm 20, the magic is still there, but the childlike mystery has depleted a bit. My brother is now 14 going on 15 so there's even less of that santa mystery, causing Christmas to be another day for us. This sounds cliche, but I'm honestly looking forward to gift giving/receiving and good food.

Ninja

Well well well
The best part is just spending some time with the loved ones and having that one dinner where all of the problems in life are ignored.

I love this time of gear, even if some of the smiles of the General public are fake, I’m glad others are making gestures of kindness that they otherwise wouldn’t.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I am, but it's kind of hollow. First Christmas that I can't spend with my brother. We were super close growing up, so it's been kinda hard since he moved to Utah over the summer. It was one thing to not have him around on either of our birthdays, but the family won't quite feel whole without him around this year.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This will be my first Christmas spent away from my family since I moved overseas. Nonetheless, we are having a big dinner at the dormitory together as students so that should be good. I'll just give my family a FaceTime call in the morning or something.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I’m kinda looking forward to the dinner but not much else. I just like the festive atmosphere, mostly. This year there aren’t really any presents that I didn’t buy myself so there’s nothing to wonder about. Although I am kinda looking forward to playing smash with my little cousins.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Am I looking forward to Christmas this year? I don't really think that I can say I am. I've certainly lost interest in it as it's gotten closer this year, and for no particular reason except that I just really don't care. But I'm not in the same spot I was in last year so I'm not wishing it didn't happen. I'm sure I'll be a little more excited when my little brothers get their gifts.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
want the day to be over cuz its wayyyyyy too noisy with the whole family down here and my mum never lets me escape to another room.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom