• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chris Pratt to be Indiana Jones?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.
Chris-Pratt-as-the-new-Indiana-Jones.jpg

Photoshop mock-up!
Deadline, via NeoGAF

Thoughts on this potential casting? Very early rumour but can still discuss it!

Personally, I'd say hell yeah! Do love Chris Pratt but fangirl aside I think he could do a really good job as Indy, I think it'd fit quite well. A lot of people on GAF were saying Bradley Cooper would be better, but I'm sticking with Team Pratt.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My concern is do we really need another Indiana Jones movie? After the less than spectacular (although still good in my opinion) fourth installment, I'm kinda worried that the franchise will just drag out. I wouldn't be opposed to a prequel of sorts, though. Like, one that takes place sometime between the 3rd and 4th movies.

So, yeah. That's what I'm concerned about. I've never seen Chris Pratt in anything, so I don't have any first-hand experience with his acting skills. So I can't really offer any views on him being Indiana Jones or not. At the very least, he does look the part enough.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've never seen Chris Pratt in anything, so I don't have any first-hand experience with his acting skills. So I can't really offer any views on him being Indiana Jones or not. At the very least, he does look the part enough.

Clip from Guardians of the Galaxy with Pratt's character. You need to see that movie, too! Clip isn't a spoiler, either, is taken from the first few minutes of the movie.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
He already seems to be playing Indiana Jones in the new Jurassic World movie, apparently Disney saw the trailer and thought the same thing.

No thanks. The Indiana Jones films is a classic by itself. It doesn't need anymore sequels or prequels. I was kinda disappointed by Crystal Skulls and there's something timeless about the props of the first 3 that cgi can never ever compare with.

Of course as this won't stop Hollywood from doing it, I think I'd take Chris Pratt over Shia La Bouf any day of the week.

Damn you people now I have the Indiana Jones song stuck in my head :D

Harrison Ford is the one and only Indiana Jones as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom