• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose Your Own Adventure?

M

Myungster

I was thinking it would be cool if Nintendo created the next generation Zelda with a twist.

A little more freedom...
What if as you went through the game you could choose certain paths/upgrades?

I think it would be unique. Even if it's only in one game. :)

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
OoOoOoOoOooOoOOOOooooooh!
Like, the story progresses depending on what order you beat the temples? That sounds like a really fun idea.

I rather like this idea.
Further than just the idea of 'choosing your quest', I think it would be interesting if the paths you choose would hold certain consequences, that is, if I choose Temple X, I would proceed to event Y. If I choose Temple Z, I would proceed to event X. Just an idea.

Anyways, I think any notion of choosing somewhat what happens in the is an interesting one, however, I would want surprises at each choice, I would hate it if the game became predictable.

M

Myungster

I rather like this idea.
Further than just the idea of 'choosing your quest', I think it would be interesting if the paths you choose would hold certain consequences, that is, if I choose Temple X, I would proceed to event Y. If I choose Temple Z, I would proceed to event X. Just an idea.

Anyways, I think any notion of choosing somewhat what happens in the is an interesting one, however, I would want surprises at each choice, I would hate it if the game became predictable.

Thoses were along my original thoughts :lol:
The key is to keep the player wondering what will happen if he chooses path A instead of B.

Outcomes must be unique.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, I mean, that idea is genius! The replay value would be quite large. Like, you could be on the forces of good, be on Ganondorf's side, or just do whatever you want. I know, it sounds a little Shadow the Hedgehog-ish, but it is still a good idea.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
A great idea it is! As someone mentioned the replay value would be higher then ever. Only problem could be for the developers. Because I see a risk that the game could be shorter then usual because they have to focus on the different "choice" mechanisms. But if the can make a long game still with the possibilities to choose different paths I would accept the idea with great interest!

Yeah, I think something like this would be pretty cool. Having the ability to do basically what you want, and having your actions actually affect the outcome of your quest would be interesting. My only problem is this would change Zelda totally towards the open-ended RPG, which it is most definitely not. When games have too much of that "do whatever you want" I always get like "okay, what SHOULD I do?" But with Zelda, there is usually a direct way to move the plot forward, or access the next temple, etc, but you do have the freedom of running around doing side-quests, or just exploring.

I guess that if they made a Fourswords game like this it might be neat. That way it wouldn't directly affect the main series, but would also be a new way of trying out ideas. Plus, something like this with multiplayer through wifi would rock.

Yeah....A zleda game where you chose oyur own path....But seeing as iyt is a zelda game, you would need to be set on 1 of several quest, taht would ultimately end up with you doing what a normal Zelda player does normally, basically, if you get what I mean....

S

skullkidsreveng

This is a fantastic idea! There are plenty of role playing games like this that where huge succeses. As for the fact that the game may be shorter, play Mass Effect. In that game it doesn't matter what paths you take, it is still incredibly long.

Sadly don't expect it to happen any time soon as the Wii's hardware is really not sophisticated compared to the other madern home bred consels.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
wow that sounds like a great idea.Maybe you get to choose you own items and everything.And also the path you choose will make the game different.Like if you went to the GOron Mines before the forest temple, it may change a lot, although you'd still have to get the other Fused Shadow anyway. And maybe some paths could be a dead end like, if you had to shoot an arrow to get into the arbiters grounds, that means that you couldn't enter arbiters grounds before the Goron Mines. ALso I'm gonna point out that there may be many endings and whatnot, it will make the game a lot more harder. Anyway, this is a great idea, but I'm ok with how Loz already is, but I still like this Idea.

This is great idea, a zelda game where your choicesaffect the outcome, mabye a zelda like fable, you can be good or bad or somewhere in between, THIS IDEA IS EPIC!!!:clap:

I have wanted them to make a game like this for a long time, I think it would be so cool to either be good or bad, Your actions either make you the Normal Link or you turn into DarkLink or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom