• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
How have I not seen this 2yr old thread before?

I simply would just like this next game to feel like a Zelda game. Despite every game in the franchise changing everything from art style to the core gameplay mechanics, BotW was the first game in the series that feels like it doesn't belong to me. Even WoG, FoE and ZA have more Zelda essence than BotW.

I don't see any evidence of it happening but I would like to see winged bokoblins. That would be an interesting enemy design. Like the winged Lizalfos from Twilight Princess.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think it'd be nice to finally see some of the narrative from Ganon's perspective. He's been the villain in almost every Zelda game, but his motivation and actions during the story are largely treated like a footnote to the story. For instance, I'd like to actually see the exchange between Ganon and the Hylian king in Ocarina of Time. We're told that he's there to do evil things evilly, but we never actually hear any of those things.

If there's One thing I REALLY Want from this game;

it's Weapons that don't break like they were made out of ****ing glass; after a small number of consecutive uses at a low-leveled Enemy;

I ****ING HATED BREAKABLE WEAPONS IN THAT GAME; AND DON'T WANT THEM BACK!!!

and PLEASE let the Hylian Shield be UNBREAKABLE LIKE IT WAS PRIOR TO BOTW; It never broke in every game prior to BOTW; So Why should it be start being Breakable NOW?!!

Even in Skyward Sword; where Weapon Durability made its debut; along with the Stamina Meter; The Hylian Shield was INDESTRUCTIBLE!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

it's Weapons that don't ****ing break like they were made out of glass; after a small number of consecutive uses at a low-leveled Enemy;

and PLEASE let the Hylian Shield be UNBREAKABLE LIKE IT WAS PRIOR TO BOTW; It never broke in every game prior to BOTW; So Why should it be start being Breakable NOW?!!

Even in Skyward Sword; where Weapon Durability made its debut; along with the Stamina Meter; The Hylian Shield was INDESTRUCTIBLE!!

I could not agree more. Weapon breaking like that is RIDICULOUS! Swords might blunt a little and lose their edge over time but soldiers were expected to fight whole battles with a single sword. To have them actually explode like they are fragile Christmas baubles is absurd!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer

it's Weapons that don't ****ing break like they were made out of glass; after a small number of consecutive uses at a low-leveled Enemy;

I agree that the weapon durability is pretty dumb and they should get rid of it. At the very least, give us a way to repair weapons or upgrade weapon durability (ooooor, some meter to show how broken it is please?). Should weapon durability stay, however, I disagree with the point that the hylian shield should be unbreakable. Truth be told it isn't that special. It's not like the mystic sword of legend in the fact that it has any specialty powers, in most games they're sold readily in stores and carried by soilders. Just because they're rarer by the time of botw doesn't mean they're mystical or anything. And yeah, they don't break in other games, but other games don't have weapons durability so you can't really compare it. I'm satisfied with imlncreased durability, it's worth it to me.

I agree that the weapon durability is pretty dumb and they should get rid of it. At the very least, give us a way to repair weapons or upgrade weapon durability (ooooor, some meter to show how broken it is please?). Should weapon durability stay, however, I disagree with the point that the hylian shield should be unbreakable. Truth be told it isn't that special. It's not like the mystic sword of legend in the fact that it has any specialty powers, in most games they're sold readily in stores and carried by soilders. Just because they're rarer by the time of botw doesn't mean they're mystical or anything. And yeah, they don't break in other games, but other games don't have weapons durability so you can't really compare it. I'm satisfied with imlncreased durability, it's worth it to me.
It was STILL Unbreakable in Literally every other game;

Plus; It was Still the MOST Durable Shield in the entire ****ing Game;

As Such; it should still be Indestructible like it was in past games!

Cats, why is Twilight Princess the only Zelda game with both cats and dogs!?

But what I really want to see would be dungeons handled like they were in the original legend of zelda. No map markers telling you exactly where it is. No following an obvious linear path that leads straight to the dungeon. Dungeons should be hidden and have to be found on your own, maybe with vague hints, or you see something in the overworld that looks off, or maybe you just randomly stumble upon the entrance.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Darknut enemies

Really cool atmosphere. I want something to rival MM for me in atmosphere. For the game to have a great areas and worlds and for the places to feel unique and have cool stories. I want that so much. We’ll probably get that but it’s what I want to be delivered well. BotW didn’t have that level of feeling for me. There’s still great areas and atmosphere, but not on the level of what I wanted. A good amount of areas just feel boring, albeit the exploring can be fun. I really hope BotW 2 delivers on that instead of having stuff like Gerudo highlands which was basically another cold mountain region watered down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom