• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Zelda as a protagonist. I've never been satisfied with Link as a character. He's barely more than a cardboard cutout, and he rarely expresses any sort of initiative. Maybe now that Miyamoto isn't hovering over everyone and telling them to stop being creative, Zelda can have her time to shine.

A museum of sorts that showcases relics and artifacts from past games, maybe even statues of old characters as well. There would aldo be some flavor text that describes their backstories and adds some snippets of lore.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'd really love to see way more enemy types. What Breath of the Wild offered was good, but it felt very limited.

Also, if the game is anything like the original, I would love some sort of charm or item to stop Yiga clan and stalfo random spawning. It's hard to enjoy the scenery when you're constantly bombarded. I wouldn't even mind it as an end game reward of some sort, but post-game in Breath of the Wild, all I wanted to do was explore and mess around, and random and annoying enemy spawns sort of ruin that.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
As someone who didn't enjoy BotW, sold my Switch because I was so disappointed in it, and has no current intention of playing BotW2, the one thing I hope for from it is that all of my friends who are really excited have a great time with it.

Cheesy, I know, but that's honestly all I care about at this point, that it lives up to hype for people :rosa:

Oh, and more cross-dressing for Link, please, thanks :eek:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I want to see it be more in line with an actual Zelda game. I want more unique items, I want things to be required to be each dungeon, heck I want dungeons to be more of a thing in general. I don’t want Zelda to be the protagonist (playable is fine, just not the main character), no more breakable weapons, less of an emphasis on technology, and collectibles that actually amount to something other than tree turds.

and for the love of God, please make the tunic of the Wild available from the start so I can play the game actually looking like link instead of some hipster in a blue T-shirt.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I relate to that one a lot. I want a traditional medieval fantasy adventure again, without aliens or technology gimmicks.
Well it’s less that it shouldn’t have technology, more that BotW does an awful job of easing the player into the fact that there are all of a sudden giant robots everywhere. I think the way Spirit Tracks handles it is perfect. There were already steam ships in the last game, and other technological advancements in WW. Are Trains that far fetched for a society to invent in 100 years?

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
Well it’s less that it shouldn’t have technology, more that BotW does an awful job of easing the player into the fact that there are all of a sudden giant robots everywhere. I think the way Spirit Tracks handles it is perfect. There were already steam ships in the last game, and other technological advancements in WW. Are Trains that far fetched for a society to invent in 100 years?

That is a good point. If the series is going to have technological advancements it should be a slow and steady progression.

Never-the-less, Shiekah tech did not appeal to me since it strayed too far into the realm of Si-Fi. (And I could say the same of the Twilight in Twilight Princess)

I would like to see a much smaller world. I really like the idea of most of the game taking place in the unexplored areas of Hyrule (underground, maybe underwater). BotW gave you so much freedom to explore all the iconic locations from the series that it doesn't feel worth it to revisit them again in the same engine. Also some of my favorite areas were ones where you didn't have that much freedom and really had to figure out the way forward (Thyphlo ruins, Lost Woods). So it would be really cool to see a small world packed with more 'overworld puzzles' like those. Although that might be a bit too much puzzle-solving if there are also traditional dungeons.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
I would like to see a much smaller world.

That's going to be a tough sell for most Zelda fans, but I understand where you're coming from.

I think at this point Nintendo is expected to keep the same world size or larger which is a shame since I think it stretches their efforts to much.

We could get more quality if the next game sacrificed a little quantity.

Ninja

Well well well
Since the OP has mentioned a better story, I won’t say that or better developed characters lol.

If I had to pick one thing for BotW2, it would have to be Zelda as the protagonist, or at least a double protagonist. It would breathe some fresh air into the series, and would add some personality to the game, instead of a blank character that just screams and murders pots.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I would like for a clawshot/hookshot/grappling hook kind of item

My true dream would be for the spinner to come back but we know that ain't happening anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom