• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Recently on the ZD frontpage we did a feature where all of us writers were asked to elaborate on one specific hope we'd like from Breath of the Wild's sequel. It was a pretty good concept, and I liked some of the ideas my fellow writers came up with.

So, I'm extending the question here as well: what is one hope you have for this sequel? Think out of the box a bit, of course we all want to see traditional dungeons, an overall better story, and items that don't break. The goal is to choose something that goes beyond or more in depth than these general hopes most fans have in common. I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I would love to see more animals in it. I know, there are a lot of animals in BotW, but I would love to see more of them. Certain areas like jungles should have tigers and leopards and monkeys, or places with rivers should have otters, and I would love to see dolphins. Plus, I would love to see more mythical creatures like griffins, or sea serpents.

I know that not many Zelda games are like that, but I would love it so much! And, what if Link could have a pet. Like you could befriend an animal and it would follow him around. Kinda like the wolf link amiibo. ❤

And you NEED to be able to pet animals! :P

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I would love to see more animals in it. I know, there are a lot of animals in BotW, but I would love to see more of them. Certain areas like jungles should have tigers and leopards and monkeys, or places with rivers should have otters, and I would love to see dolphins. Plus, I would love to see more mythical creatures like griffins, or sea serpents.

I know that not many Zelda games are like that, but I would love it so much! And, what if Link could have a pet. Like you could befriend an animal and it would follow him around. Kinda like the wolf link amiibo. ❤

And you NEED to be able to pet animals! :P
I'm 100% on board with this!

I want playable Zelda. But so do a lot of people. I'm also on board with petting animals.

But if I were to think outside the box, I want to be able to travel to a neon drenched version of Hyrule, I want it to look all Sci Fi, like how it must have looked when the Sheikah monks prospered. We've seen green fields for long enough now. I need some neon bloom lighting.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Dungeons. Dungeons. Dungeons.

The Shrines are fine, as are the Divine Beasts, but trekking through Hyrule Castle in BotW really made me miss the traditional style of dungeons that we see in every other game. Since Hyrule Castle is the only dungeon in the game that really feels like a true Zelda dungeon, and it's something that was definitely missing in BotW.

Please please make the bosses much harder with much more mechanics. Twilight princess and skyward sword were great because there was so much to do. Ocerana of time and mejoras mask were also so good. Please make botw2 much much more difficult. Loz botw was way too easy.

Dungeons/temples - While I liked the shrines and thought the divine beasts were awesome, they felt lacking in some cases. Yeah they had their own puzzles, but imho, they were short. If they brought back full dungeons with multiple types of puzzles in them, I'd be happy.

Fishing/fishing hole - While yes, you could just hop into the rivers, bomb/shoot arrows certain areas, and use cryosis to get the fish, it wasn't as fun as say, OoT or TP with a fishing rod.

More variety in enemies - Yes there was a good chunk of enemies, Moldugas, Moblins, bokoblins, lynels, Wizrobes, and Hynoxs. I feel like they could've added a few more types. Poes, Redeads, and Gidboes for exabple

MW7

Given that it's a sequel with a good chance of a similar overworld, I think a dark world/time travel/season manipulation mechanic like many Zelda games before it would be interesting to let multiple versions of the overworld exist. It would allow the developers to save a ton of time and still give a new experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom