• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

China limiting videogaming hours for kids. Do you really care?

noone else did so I might as well do it since everyone either doesnt know about the news or if everyone else is playing videogames or whatever right now

then you can go tell China's government that its not their job to limit people's entertainment hours

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
This thread would prolly be better suited in Mature Discussion. And should probably have more info like a news article or translated official documented so we can read about it.

then you can go tell China's government that its not their job to limit people's entertainment hours
Sir, why did you create a thread about a topic you want us to discuss just to be rude towards someone whenever they discuss it?
I'm not sure why you created it to say you don't care too. If you don't care then why are you bringing it up in the first place?

Anyway, I agree with Chevy. In the case of something as casual as this I feel like the parents are the responsible ones for establishing rules and limits for their children, not the government.
How would the government even enforce something like this? If it was an establishment like an arcade I can kinda imagine, but how do you supervise stuff like that in their own homes? Does it apply to all sorts of videogame consoles?
Eastern Asian education is already viewed as so strict, I feel like depriving these kids of some leisure might actually worsen their school performance. It might degrade their mental health even if it doesn't affect their grades or learning capacity significantly, which is probably even worse.

are you serious, TahDiscoBall?

It involves videogaming especially in China where they are limiting gaming hours for kids which I understnad since its the school year time for kids anyway

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's the same old issue. Parents and government officials pointing to video gaming and using it as a scapegoat for issues instead of looking to the parents and the home situation. The bigger issue is more a lack of oversight from the parents. If you think that video gaming is adversely affecting your child's schooling, then be a ****ing parent and limit it yourself.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They are an authoritarian regime. This isn't surprising nor the worst thing they are doing.

It is pointless to care, dedicating any energy to getting upset on behalf of China's children for not being able to play games as much is a waste of energy. You can't do anything to help them. Nothing will be done about China and their vile regime until they try to take over the world.

Yes I and others know. At least here in the USA we know when its time to put the controller down and do something else like watch a moie or something.

They are an authoritarian regime. This isn't surprising nor the worst thing they are doing.

It is pointless to care, dedicating any energy to getting upset on behalf of China's children for not being able to play games as much is a waste of energy. You can't do anything to help them. Nothing will be done about China and their vile regime until they try to take over the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom