• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Childhood Board Games

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Inspired by Dan's toy thread. What toyish games did you have? If you want you can include descriptions like I did.

I had:

Mouse Trap
Game where you had to get to the end, and there was a rube goldberg machine that could trap you. I had more fun with the machine than the game itself.

Elefun
Catch paper butterflies blown out of a plastic elephant fan, whoever got the most won.

Gooey Louie
Pull plastic boogers out of a plastic nose, one is attached to a brain that pops out, if that happens you lose.

Cootie
Be the first to build a bug.

Chicken Croquet
Less of a board game, it was croquet with a plastic chicken that made chicken noises, you hit it with the ball and it would lay a plastic egg. First to get 3 eggs won.

Monkey Madness
This game had a plastic tree that you had to get monkey playing pieces up, and sometimes you would have to activate a gorilla that shook it and knocked some of them off. First to get all their monkeys up won.

Hi Ho Cherry O
Don't remember much about this one, but I know it involved plastic cherries and you tried to get the most.

Hungry Hungry Hippos
Had plastic hippos and marbles, you had to make your hippo bite and whoever got the most marbles won.

I had a lot more probably...

Dan

Mouse Trap!
I was only interested in one element of that game, the mouse trap itself, I don't think I hardly took any interest in the board game itself, that was a great way to sell a board game regardless.

I hope these next games hit some of your long lost memories guys.
Screwball Scrabble
md_2cf9848a11950686795649.jpg

Remember everyone at my school loved playing this when we had to remain indoors at breaks, also remember the ad with the kids head turning into one of the balls :P

Buckaroo
43462.jpg

Buck buck BUCKAROO! Another great game, simerlier there was ali baba, which featured a camel instead.

And of course!
Dont_Wake_Daddy.jpg

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Agreed about Mouse Trap.

I remember Don't Wake Daddy and wanted it but never got it. Never heard of Screwball Scrabble, was it marketed in the US?

Played Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders, didn't own them.

Monopoly technically is a board game for not just kids, but I guess that works.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Monopoly
Clue
Chutes and Ladders
Candyland
Sorry
Trouble
And my personal favourite, though I'm not sure if you can classify it as a "board" game is Kerplunk.
249791_Enlarged_1.jpeg

I loved this one as a kid!

I had a lot. But some i remember were Sorry, Monopoly, High Ho Cheerio... And so on. I played Clue on the SNES.

Magatha

Magatha
Mousetrap was awesome!
Trouble and Clue too.

I think we mostly played card games like Uno, Euchre, Go Fish, and recently my entire family has become addicted to a card based game called Munchkin. It is sorta like D&D, but much simpler and funnier with childish cartoon drawings on everything.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I just remember that we played Uno, Go Fish, Monopoly, Connect Four, Battle Ship, and a Mexican game called Loteria. :P

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Monopoly always ended arguments at my house... We did have the North East version of Monopoly so it was cool buying places we've actually been to. Like, everyone wanted to buy St James' Park. But it often got a bit heated.

I liked playing Cluedo the most, and Pay Day. Pay Day was a much more for children Monopoly I thought, so as a kid I loved it. :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Pokemon and regular monopoly- I once played an 8 hour game with some of my cousins.
We played Uno a lot.

I can't really think of others. I had Mousetrap, too, but I hated it. Building all that nonsense? Puh-leeze. I'll just play with my legos, kthx. =p (no offense to those of you who like it)

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
To this day I still gather my friends to play Monopoly together every now and then.

Screw that heart surgeon game, I swear.
Gave me heart attacks as a kid...

Clank

Hmm
The Settlers of Catan, this is one of the most awesome board games ever, it completely blows away monopoly and most other imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom