• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Child Abuse

zeldahuman

The Missing Link
Hello,

Well, a video has been put on the internet of Judge William Adams being his daughter with a belt. And it's not just him, his wife joins in and is yelling too. I'll post the video here, but be warned, it is very, very sickening and bothering to watch. Watch at your own risk, as it will most likely bring tears to your eyes, anger you, give you the chills, etc.:

[video=youtube;Wl9y3SIPt7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wl9y3SIPt7o[/video]​

I'm still shaking from seeing this. So, if you don't know the story behind this, in 2004, 16 year old Hillary Adams was beat by her parents several times. The one thing to note is that Hillary's father is a judge; A JUDGE. And, as a judge, William Adams had several odd decisions regarding child abuse. To paraphrase Judge Adams: "The testimony of a child who is in a child abuse case doesn't matter. It all comes down to video evidence. So, Hillary decided that the next time she was going to be beaten, she'll record it so everyone can see the horrid things that happens to her. So, on the night of the video, Judge Adams and his wife were mad at Hillary for downloading a computer game. Her punishment was the belt (as you can see from the video, if you watched it.)

Now, here's the thing. There is a HUGE difference between admonishing and BEATING YOUR CHILD. And THIS, is beating your child. During the entire duration of this video, this man is just yelling and swinging his belt at his daughter; his DAUGHTER. I mean, he hits her arms, neck, legs, back. This is not spanking; this is abuse. If you watched the video, as I said above, it will sicken you. It will literally make you feel nauseous - or, it should. And, in this particular case, Hillary has a severe case of Toxic Cerebral Palsy.
What upsets me the most is that I know some people will say "Oh, this is nothing. I got way worse, this is barely abuse. This is no big deal". But, this is a big deal. This. Is. Child Abuse.

Now, I have not been beaten by my parents; I'm pretty sure the worst I've gotten is a spanking and a "bonk" on the head. But still, beating a child takes a lot of nerve. A child is defenseless, and there's just this person, that you're supposed to look up to, and they're angry and they're beating you. And, people who were abused as a child try to find the silver lining and say "well, I turned out pretty decent. I'm a decent person now, and I was lucky enough to not be beating to a point of nothingness, I was able to take all that anger and put it into something that made my life better; made my life okay." And it sucks because these kids get beaten, they think it's okay. They don't realize, they don't see, all the good they have in them, and they go on to beat their kids.
Child abuse should not be allowed. Because, as I said, there is discipline, and then there is abuse. There is a line that separates these, and, fortunately enough, that line is not a blurred line.

And, if anyone was beaten as a child and is reading this, please speak up. Tell someone about your hardships. And, if you're a parent/guardian who "disciplines" their child by beating them, you are a waste of life and have no heart.

So, what do you all stand when it comes to child abuse? Did the video above disturb you, scare you, etc.? Discuss both the video and your thought below, and I'll see you guys later.
~zeldahuman

All Might

Honor before death
Forum Volunteer
Infuriating as that was to watch, part of me wonders if this was even real. The guy's a judge, and he turned the lights out when he "beat" her. This video might have surfaced by intention, for others to witness the horrors of child abuse. Typically when one gets a visual dose of something abominable they are filled with a fire and aim not to undertake the same actions. I truly hope this is the case, and it was consented by the mother and daughter. Otherwise I don't see who could've filmed this.

Also, they could have been striking something hidden by the bedstead. I didn't make out any spots where they did hit her, but I'd have to rewatch it.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
For a computer game?
Seriously..?

Those parents obviously aren't quite sane to keep beating their daughter over and over again for downloading a computer game..
I would understand if the guy slapped her for robbing a bank or beating somebody else up pretty badly.. But this is just sick.

The video didn't disturb me since I've been through and even seen some pretty crazy things in my life, And I just think it's a pity that some kids have to go through with this sort of thing. Child abuse isn't okay.. Abuse that is. This might sound heartless to some, But when it comes to bullies and other big troublemakers that like inflicting misery in others lives then IMO they should be taught that there will be consequences when doing those things i.e they lose a toy/game they like.. but If that doesn't help then they should get a little spank or slap.. But no way in hell should somebody get beat down by their parents for something as small as downloading a computer game.

I don't usually go on Mature Disscusion, but I want to voice my opinion on this matter.

This is absolutely disgusting. I can't help but detest the parents when watching this.

Now, I have been beaten, but it was a bit different. My dad mostly hit me as a kid, but he didn't know how bad it really was. He was raised knowing that if you did something wrong, you would get hit. I grew up thinking this too. But it wasn't like this video. When my dad hit me, he would hit me a couple times, and then I would cry. When he saw me crying, he stopped and said he was sorry. Eventually he just stopped hotting me, because he saw that it wasn't right. Here, the father and the mother would just wail on her, swearing at the child and they don't even care that she's bawling her eyes out. It's disgusting. I hope that these parents seriously rethink there parenting strategy, because they probobly made their daughter hate their guts. I don't blame her.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
EDIT: Read this article for a somewhat less biased view
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/

I was about to say that a little spanking isn't really that bad, but then saw that he was just going on and on. It didn't scare me as the same happened to me before (albeit with an actual REASON, not for downloading a game), though I don't agree with it. Really, the judge shouldn't have done what he did. That's messed up. I hate seeing people getting a watschen because it is often for ridiculous reasons, as was the case of Hillary in which she was given a hiding for the simple misdemeanor of downloading a computer game. However, she may have downloaded the game on her dad's computer, which could've cost him his job and reputation.

Important thing to note:

*Hillary may have been beaten for something else that we just don't know. She may be a hardheaded individual who needed a spanking, and maybe even this case of "abuse". The reason I say that is because some things (e.g drug abuse, misuing a government official computer, prostitution etc) are very serious and people need to get absolution in order to convey their feelings. We don't know the entire story and I heavily doubt we ever will. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE ABUSE SEEN IN THE VIDEO, BUT SOMETIMES THE SUPPOSED ABUSE MAY BE NECESSARY TO CONVEY AN IDEA.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

The Missing Link
I was about to say that a little spanking isn't really that bad, but then saw that he was just going on and on. It didn't scare me as the same happened to me before (albeit with an actual REASON, not for downloading a game), though I don't agree with it. Really, the judge shouldn't have done what he did. That's messed up. I hate seeing people getting a watschen because it is often for ridiculous reasons, as was the case of Hillary in which she was given a hiding for the simple misdemeanor of downloading a computer game. However, she may have downloaded the game on her dad's computer, which could've cost him his job and reputation.

Important thing to note:

*Hillary may have been beaten for something else that we just don't know. She may be a hardheaded individual who needed a spanking, and maybe even this case of "abuse". The reason I say that is because some things (e.g drug abuse, misuing a government official computer, prostitution etc) are very serious and people need to get absolution in order to convey their feelings. We don't know the entire story and I heavily doubt we ever will. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE ABUSE SEEN IN THE VIDEO, BUT SOMETIMES THE SUPPOSED ABUSE MAY BE NECESSARY TO CONVEY AN IDEA.
Quick thing to note, read the description of the video on YouTube. It explains a lot, maybe not the whole story, but a great proportion of it.

But anyway, I'm glad you said something like this; I knew someone would defend "spanking". But this is not spanking. This is a helpless child, being brutally hit over and over with a belt. As I said, there is a difference between admonishing your kid or spanking or kid, and beating your kid. This man is just yelling at her and hitting her repeatedly. That is not spanking - it's abuse. I knew someone would defend "spanking" and say "oh, worse has happened to me"... well, this is still a big deal. This. Is. Child Abuse. A child can't defend his or her self...

Here, Philip DeFranco, who was abused as a kid, talks about this. This video is also where I got the link to the video. I also got some of the stuff in the OP from the vid:
[video=youtube;BYVcWJUvjRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVcWJUvjRk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

It explains what I can't...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ZH, I speak from personal experience, I have gotten worse than that girl has. I have scars from all sorts of things. I'm still walking on two feet, able to function about as well as I could when I was 9. I'm 15 as of now. Still, she has absolutely no right to go badmouthing her father, no matter how irrational he was. She's lucky enough to be alive; the notion of child abuse holds no water in my eyes. Like I said, I don't agree with child abuse, but I'm 99 percent sure she's done something that we just haven't been aware of. Everyone will be so quick to defend her, to shoot down "child abuse". But again, she hasn't seen the half of what REAL abuse is, and I doubt us defenders have either. I know I haven't – my parents are sensible enough – but that doesn't mean I can't reason.

EDIT:
I read the vid description a while back, and I can't help but say it is one-sided to the core. I'm doubtful she even knows what a true farce is.

I don't care if someone is a murderer, a pedophile, a rapist or maybe even a thief. The worst criminals, in my opinion, are police officers, lawyers, judges or anyone working in law who abuses their power and expect to get away with it. They are there to upheld the law, set an example for the rest of us, and they are abusing their power. This is truly disgusting.

ZH, I speak from personal experience, I have gotten worse than that girl has. I have scars from all sorts of things. I'm still walking on two feet, able to function about as well as I could when I was 9. I'm 15 as of now. Still, she has absolutely no right to go badmouthing her father, no matter how irrational he was. She's lucky enough to be alive; the notion of child abuse holds no water in my eyes. Like I said, I don't agree with child abuse, but I'm 99 percent sure she's done something that we just haven't been aware of. Everyone will be so quick to defend her, to shoot down "child abuse". But again, she hasn't seen the half of what REAL abuse is, and I doubt us defenders have either. I know I haven't – my parents are sensible enough – but that doesn't mean I can't reason.

EDIT:
I read the vid description a while back, and I can't help but say it is one-sided to the core. I'm doubtful she even knows what a true farce is.
I'm sorry but you're just wrong. I don't care if it is possible for abuse to be worse, that is abuse and it sickens me. It's cowardly and wrong and is no way to raise a child. He should be put in prison for this as it adds up to nothing less than assault. You can "convey an idea" without resorting to brutally beating a helpless girl. I'd like to see how he would try to convey his idea to an 18/19 year old boy.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'm sorry but you're just wrong. I don't care if it is possible for abuse to be worse, that is abuse and it sickens me. It's cowardly and wrong and is no way to raise a child. He should be put in prison for this as it adds up to nothing less than assault. You can "convey an idea" without resorting to brutally beating a helpless girl. I'd like to see how he would try to convey his idea to an 18/19 year old boy.
Brutally beating gets thrown around too much, He took a belt and beat her with it and pushed her around. It was hardly brutally beating, She didn't bleed nor did she break anything. This is wrong I agree and especially for a judge, And he could've just sat down and talked to her like a normal parent, But we still don't know the whole story.. If you have the whole story please share it with us.

If her parents aren't quite sane, Then I hope she gets a better family in the future.

I don't care if someone is a murderer, a pedophile, a rapist or maybe even a thief. The worst criminals, in my opinion, are police officers, lawyers, judges or anyone working in law who abuses their power and expect to get away with it. They are there to upheld the law, set an example for the rest of us, and they are abusing their power. This is truly disgusting.
So a judge that beats his daughter or a lawyer that steals money is a bigger priority/worse crime than rapists, murderes and thieves running around?

Dio

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
Well whatever happens to those people in prison if they go to prison, I have no sympathy for them, the man especially is probably in for something far worse than he dished out and he shall be the one bending over the bed. They hate child abusers in prisons.
I do not agree with the man and woman's actions, no parents should behave that way. I love mine very much but I would never accept a beating like that from them. The man especially seemed to enjoy that for a Judge that is rather odd, because usually those who abuse often do so because of the lack of power in their lives so they exert power over those below them. The other thing is these parents seem to think it ok to beat the child, perhaps because they had it done as a child. It needs to stop somewhere.

Brutally beating gets thrown around too much, He took a belt and beat her with it and pushed her around. It was hardly brutally beating, She didn't bleed nor did she break anything. This is wrong I agree and especially for a judge, And he could've just sat down and talked to her like a normal parent, But we still don't know the whole story.. If you have the whole story please share it with us.

If her parents aren't quite sane, Then I hope she gets a better family in the future.

So a judge that beats his daughter or a lawyer that steals money is a bigger priority/worse crime than rapists, murderes and thieves running around?
So getting beaten with a belt isn't brutal enough for you? It's very easy to glean the whole story from the video and whatever happens beating is going too far.

Beating is beating. At the age of 16 it's abuse and nothing less. At 16 years of age any teenager is intelligent and mature enough to sit down and talk to without having to beat the ever loving crap out of. If I ever met this man I would waylay him and not feel the slightest regret. In fact you'd be hard pressed to get me off since I'd keep wailing on his face until it was unrecognizable. I don't approve of child abuse or when a man even hits/slaps a woman. I feel sorry for the first man to ever hit a woman in front of me cause in all likelihood I'll probably kill him just from the blackout state of mad I'd be in. If the abused is a child at that... There'd be almost no stopping me. I don't care how bad people might think I am for thinking that way but I feel that strongly for it. This man deserves no less then several fists to the face. There's no way to justify child abuse. If you say it's the only way to get them to learn then I say you're not trying everything possible. There's more then one way to punish or teach a child a lesson, a teenager at that...

Dio

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
I don't approve of child abuse or when a man even hits/slaps a woman. I feel sorry for the first man to ever hit a woman in front of me cause in all likelihood I'll probably kill him just from the blackout state of mad I'd be in.
What about when a woman hit's a man though? Should other women go and beat her?

I know this may sound sexist, I assure you I'm not, but women are, scientifically speaking, less physically able than men are. I am in no means sexist but I am a biology major and being in that department it's an undeniable fact. A man hitting a woman is genetic bullying. Men are genetically more sturdy and burly. That's the smaller reason why I am against it. The second is my moral beliefs. It's just plain wrong. I've been slapped before and believe me... I deserved it. But no man should ever raise a hand against a woman, no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom