• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chevywolf30 tries to draw

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've never been the greatest at drawing, but I like to try and learn nrw things, so here goes.

I did a little doodle of Kirby wearing Midna's helmet:

Screenshot_2021-02-02-10-03-31.png

I'm pleased with how it looks like it's too heavy on him. I drew the helmet first, but I probably shoulda done Kirby first and drawn the helmet on him, the eye on the helmet doesn't line up correctly.

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Did you draw this in pen? Here’s a tip, if you’re drawing something in ink (or pen) draw a sketch in pencil first, then draw with the pen over it. Then erase the pencil. It really helps.

Your Kirby looks cute!
Yeah, it was just a pen sketch. I'll remember the pencil tip though.

As long as you're comfortable with the pen or pencil you're using, it doesn't really matter if you can erase or not. Especially if you're just doodling to get the feel for it. I doodle in pen all the time. I'd almost encourage you to avoid erasing where you can so you can develop a confidence in your lines. But, yeah, for sketches, pencil is generally better; not necessarily for erasing reasons, but because they're essentially the skeleton of a drawing if they exist, and aren't meant to be visible on the finished piece since they'll be gone over and cleaned up if it progresses past the sketch.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Screenshot_2021-02-03-20-41-25.png
One of my favorite items in the Zelda series, the Hylian Shield. I've done some pretty solid doodles of this one and wanted to give it a full page treatment. It's kinda skinny, and I realized after the fact that the border isn't really golden. Maybe it's a special gift or something. Idk. Still very pleased overall.

Ninja

Well well well
Kirby with a katana would be amazing.

I’m always thoroughly impressed by anyone willing to share their art online. Keep at it and in one year, draw this same picture and you’ll see a world of difference. Looking forward to it man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom