• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cheats

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
to me cheats are fine as long as they stay offline. for example i had a bet with my friend, who ever one three online duels first got $10. i was about win my third but then i went from full lp to 0 as soon as he drew! thats the reason i dont play online

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I only know one cheat in the pokémon series and that is the "change box, turn off while saving and copy a pokémon" cheat from Pokémon gold, silver and crystal. After that they changed how the computer works, so that cheat isn't possible to preform anymore.

Then there is AR, but I only count AR as cheating if you use it to teach an attack to your pokémon that it normally isn't able to learn at all, or when you make it extra strong with some stats cheat.

In-game cheats can be fun, but as soon as you use a game shark (kids are still using those... right...?) or go online, there's a serious risk of permanently harming your entire cartridge. I've never had the guts to try anything past Missing No. and the item multiplication cheat from Red and Blue. XD

Fig

The Altruist
As long as the person isn't cheating for his Pokemon, but rather his equipment (i.e. items, berries, experience, etc.), then it is fine by me!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm okay with people cheating on games. Although I highly recommend they don't, I have no problem with it.
I myself have cheated on games only to obtain certain items, or to unlock new terrain.
The problem I have is it can completely RUIN a game.
Example: Cheated on PKMN Diamond, several functions simply will not function.

I usually don't have anything against cheats, but I think it makes Pokemon games in particular a bit boring.
There are games where I try things for hours and can't go on, then I would sometimes choose to cheat.
But Pokemon? The only things I would need help with are training my Pokemon or catching rare ones, using cheats for that would make the game somewhat pointless...

I don't judge people, however, who use cheats no matter the situation ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom