• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cheater

I never cheat in games because that's not the point of the game.

However, I've been know to 'cheese' a few things. Cheesing is like taking the easy way out and exploiting something (like standing in a corner so the boss can't always hit you), but isn't on the level of putting in a code to change the nature of the game or hacking it so that you can't lose.

The only time I used to 'cheat' was in GTA Vice City where you could enter secret codes to change the weather and make the cars fly, but that was just fun.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm cheating right now

not particularly, in neither single or multiplayer games, heck the last few times I played through the PS2 GTA's, I hadn't used cheat codes at all ....except for that one mission in Vice City
I will admit though that I initially played pokemon emerald on an emulator, I got stuck on wattson and his manectric, so I kinda cheated on that just to get through it, that was the only time in that game though

Not really. Maybe if it's something like GTA where I just want to goof around for a bit without saving, or just to unlock everything in an old game I've already played on a different save.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
The only time I used to 'cheat' was in GTA Vice City where you could enter secret codes to change the weather and make the cars fly, but that was just fun.
once when I was younger, I used the cheat that lets cars drive on water so I can get to the 2nd island before I was supposed to, and wow the police force did not take kindly to that

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I normally don't cause it ruins the experience. Tho after I've beaten the game or level I'll definitely mess around. Like using game shark for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. We could run without even moving our legs, get all the items we wanted for the chao garden if we wanted to experiment without actually sacrificing resources. Not to mention cheat codes in GTA San Andreas. Flying cars, turning everyone into Elvis Presley and just general anarchy.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I cheat as n when it pleases me, namely when i've finished a game cover to cover and found all i could in normal play, cheating can quite often lead to some fun things such as in GTA leading an army of cops around the city for a fun run, or to even make a whole new run possible in Dark Souls (third party scripts to make randomizers, and that's based off the anti-cheat software), as far as i've ever been concerned, so long as you've finished the game you're free to do as you please if it's singleplayer, if it's multiplayer you've no right to screw someone elses game up for your entertainment, i don't hold with MP cheating nor do i participate in it, just not fun.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I don't consider randomizers or other mods cheating at all.
The way they operate tends to be considered as cheating by the game devs as it mucks with their code and can give players an unfair advantage, and if the creators of a rando are smart enough they can generally find away around the anti-cheat and have players have good shiz much earlier than they should in a online session.

Offline perfectly fine but online is always a no go for mods like rando's

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I never cheat in a main file of a game. It makes the playing experience feel less authentic.

However, in games with built-in cheat codes, I often like screwing around in alt files just to see what they do and how ridiculous they can be. I also like trying out glitches and different skips in games. I don't really consider abusing glitches "cheating" though, other speedruns would be invalid.

Like Spirit said, it's more like... cheesing that I may go for on occasion. Cheesing is like... just being resourceful in a strange manner, I guess. Like that time I unloaded the great plateau lynel's ai on master mode and like walked in circles with him for awhile and with my like uhh soldiers greatsword i think? Dont remember what it was called; been two years since I played the game. I just mounted repeatedly to avoid breaking that sword... until he died. In some ways it was probably harder than just legitimately fighting it as you gotta steer it and stuff. It was a challenge of its own, even if it wasn't like a traditional fight.

I don't really like cheating in games as then I can't feel like I deserved whatever I accomplished and won't get to feel the reward of overcoming it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
On initial playthroughs I avoid any cheating. After I've beaten a game once though I will definitely try to trigger glitches or even hack a game. Some PC games have control consoles you can enter and then input cides to change certain things, like instantly spawning an item, boosting your stats, or gaining invincibility - sometines I will play around with these things but only after I've beaten the game fairly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom