• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cheat or Fail?

i have a AP Physics class we have a project to build a rubber band car due thursday i've tried many times but cant make it im terible at building things ive looked up tutorials but just can't do it. i kid told me he would make 1 for me, but i would b dead if i got caught, so what should i do cheat or not turn it in and get a zero?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I say you have your friend do it for you as long as you watch and help him out. If you are honestly trying but are simply unable, then I don't see any harm in letting your friend help you out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I highly suggest you do one of two things: a) try your hardest to make one regardless of the grade you'll get or b) try your hardest to make one regardless of the grade you'll get.

I don't condone cheating -- the consequences of such an act include expulsion which will absolutely destroy your career academics wise. Getting a zero on an AP Physics test will be terrible as well; the class calls for Calculus and a ton of studying based on observations made during an experiment, lab etc. So, again just make one to the best of your ability and turn it in, even if you'll get a 60 for it. 60 is still failing, but it's better than 0.

octorok74

TETTAC
Personally, I would take the zero by not turning it in. That is just me though. I don't see the honour in cheating your way to a grade. Along with the fact that there is a chance you'll get caught. But the choice is entirely your's. All we other members can do is offer our thoughts on the subject. So good luck with your decision.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd hate to sound rude, but even the thought of cheating is idiotic. Cheating will get you nowhere in life or even in a physics classroom, trust me on that. As far as the car goes, are you allowed to receive assistance form a parent of guardian? If so, ask them to help you in constructing your vehicle. Otherwise, I would revise the tutorials you were viewing again or your general instructions on the assignment. Pause the tutorials at certain parts (or read each section carefully if you're reading it) to understand what exactly you're doing. Regardless if you get a zero, at least you tried your hardest and actually attempted to put effort into it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd hate to sound rude, but even the thought of cheating is idiotic. Cheating will get you nowhere in life or even in a physics classroom, trust me on that.

Oi, not true. Cheating is bad, that's a given, but it can help you anywhere. I know a bunch of kids who have cheated their way into a great position in college, and despite their doing acts of evil -- not doing the work themselves -- they are well off in college and they have their work laid out for them. Hell, even in huge positions like King of a country, people cheat their way and those people have their lives in a good setting. I'm not saying to go cheat, A.rae, but if you have to make a decision I won't criticize you for it as I know you're just doing whatever you feel you should do.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
*Clicks the screw running through his head in place* Hmmm, how’s about you ask him to walk you through it and help you build it yourself? That way you do all the assembling and he was just there to aid you, impossible only exists if you let it, I’m sure if you kept at it you could get it done. It's combining both options together in a somewhat better formula in my opinion, I wouldn't cheat myself if it were something like what you're doing though, nah.

i decided to make one, it doesn't really work but getting a 50 or something like that is better than nothing im just gonna focus on making it look cool and maybe that will help a little. i would have my friend help just a little without making him do all the work but there is no school tues. and not enough time to work toghether wednesday. so the only thing he could do is go home and build one from scratch which would be wrong. my parents are strict about grades and that is why i even considered cheating, but i realize its not worth the risk. thanks for all your opinions and advice!

i also have to race it in front of the entire class and im the shy kid in there anyway, now they will prob. laugh at me if mine doesn't go so im nervous about that:tired:

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Whether you'll get laughed in the class or get a 50z it's better than cheating and getting a zero for not turning in. Better than the last choices. Rather getting a 50 than a zero.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The problem with cheating is that the person you're really cheating is yourself. I was a TA in a programming class back in college, and one of the students eventually revealed to me that they had previously allowed their brother to do their assignments for them, it became the easy thing to do, then come exam time when it was time to prove their knowledge, they failed big time and had to retake the entire class (which meant paying for another year of classes - a pretty expensive lesson). Couldn't you instead get this kid to advice you on how to do it, not directly do it for you or instruct you step by step, but more help you see what you are doing wrong? Actually use the situation to teach yourself how to complete the task?

Claire

The Geekette
You're doing a Newton scooter! I actually had to do one in 7th grade and to be honest.. mine was horrible at first. I couldn't get it to move very far and actually broke it once. You really need to test out a variety of components to see what works the best. The key to anything in science is to experiment. You're allowed to fail! Experiment, fail, but expect mastery. The more time you dedicate to solving the problem, the sooner you should find a solution. You can do it!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I think it's better to try your best and fail, rather than cheat and pass, though the final decision is up to you. There's nothing wrong with getting a little help, but taking credit for other peoples work is unacceptable to me. I'm sure you'll make the right choice. Good luck!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
If your teacher didn't say anything about working with someone on this, I'd work with the kid. I honestly would not take a 60 or 0 or whatever if I can work with someone to get a better grade. But of course, if the teacher said you're not allowed to work with anyone else, you probably shouldn't. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom