• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cheap or Free Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Anyone know any free, and or cheap video editing software, that also works really well and isnt restrictive?

I want to start doing lets plays, my first one being Skyward Sword on November 20th (Here is a link to my channel if you wanna check it out and find out more about it) And I need A good, but cheap video editing software to help edit my videos.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Windows Movie Maker/iMovie should come with their respective operating systems.

Now I know this isn't cheap, but Final Cut is a highly proficient video editing program. But, it is very advanced and is for Macs only.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Windows Movie Maker/iMovie should come with their respective operating systems.

Now I know this isn't cheap, but Final Cut is a highly proficient video editing program. But, it is very advanced and is for Macs only.

Just to note, Final Cut is very expensive. I have the smaller, Express version, and it was $200. I think Pro X is about $300-$500. However, it is very good. I do video editing, using green screen, picture-in-picture, etc. and this works well for making professional quality videos (should I not mess up in production). If you're using a PC, then you'll be using Adobe, which is similar to FC, but I can't say for sure what it's like, as I haven't used that program yet.

However, for an LP, I'm not sure if you would want this. I think just using iMovie/WMM would be perfect, since your focus is on editing shorter versions of the clips together. I use iMovie (and I've used WMM before) to make smaller, AMV-type movies, where the footage is already done in nice quality, and just need to put smaller clips together. Both iMovie and WMM come free with the OS, as Big Octo said.

Hopefully this helps. I'm sure you can also find other video editing software in between. If you still have questions, feel free to ask me! :)

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Just to note, Final Cut is very expensive. I have the smaller, Express version, and it was $200. I think Pro X is about $300-$500. However, it is very good. I do video editing, using green screen, picture-in-picture, etc. and this works well for making professional quality videos (should I not mess up in production). If you're using a PC, then you'll be using Adobe, which is similar to FC, but I can't say for sure what it's like, as I haven't used that program yet.

However, for an LP, I'm not sure if you would want this. I think just using iMovie/WMM would be perfect, since your focus is on editing shorter versions of the clips together. I use iMovie (and I've used WMM before) to make smaller, AMV-type movies, where the footage is already done in nice quality, and just need to put smaller clips together. Both iMovie and WMM come free with the OS, as Big Octo said.

Hopefully this helps. I'm sure you can also find other video editing software in between. If you still have questions, feel free to ask me! :)
Ok Awesome, Thanks for the tips guys.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Use the free trial of Sony Vegas Pro 10. Create an Intro and try to do as many parts as you can before it runs out. Either that or just do it for a couple of intros and save the Intro as a video file, and use it in WMM.

If you want free, Windows Movie Maker's your best bet. If you get the hd profile, you can get great quality. Although a bit buggy, the quality beats other free video editors that I've seen. There's also quite a few addons that you can put on it to add effects and stuff if you want.

Adobe After Effects cs4 or Sony Vegas Pro ( If you want the full version, you could find some serial keys/codes somewhere in google or youtube) but if you want a video editor that is much easier to use i recommend using Windows movie maker or VideoPad Editor.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Adobe After Effects cs4 or Sony Vegas Pro ( If you want the full version, you could find some serial keys/codes somewhere in google or youtube) but if you want a video editor that is much easier to use i recommend using Windows movie maker or VideoPad Editor.

Sorry but this forum doesn't encourage users to search for serial keys/codes on products you have to pay for. If you want a good and decent video editing program you want to use you can search google. There are also full working demos available which let you try out the program for a limited time. I think this question has been answered because a lot of people have posted good ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom