• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Characters you want in Mario Maker 2

One of the oddest omissions from Super Mario Maker 2 was the removal of amiibo functionality.

Things seem to be making a little more sense in that regard with Link being playable with a unique moveset including his bombs and arrows.

Perhaps Nintendo removed the amiibo costumes in order to add characters from other IPs with their own unique moveset.

If this is true which characters would you like to see in the future?

My top three would be;

3. Ness with his PK powers
2. Samus with her Morph Ball and Charge Shot
1. Kirby with his float and inhale abilities

My big ones are Samus and Pikachu.

Samus works too well with her morph ball, bombs, missiles, etc. plus she has so many different outfits that would work perfectly to differentiate in multiplayer.

Pikachu has thunderbolt and volt tackle as obvious moves to start with. Also, there are so many Pikachu outfits like Pikachu Libre.

If I had to go with a third, Mega Man and all his various abilities seem like a natural fit.

@Spirit

Go play Super Mario Crossover

Playing SMB1 with different Nintendo characters with each character's abilities has already been done. Sure it's not as fleshed out as Link in SMB2 but it's there. Nintendo were not the first to do something like this.

Themes available with correct music:
  • SMB1
  • SMB1 SNES
  • SMB2
  • SMB2 SNES
  • SMB3
  • SMB3 SNES
  • SMW
  • SML2 - Colour
  • Lost Levels
  • All Night Nippon
  • SMB Special
  • SMB Atari
  • Blaster Master
  • Castlevania NES
  • Zelda 2
  • Demon Returns
Playable characters avaiable with their own abilities and 10+ different character skins each
Also the music fits the character you are using.
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Link - Zelda 1
  • Samus NES
  • Simon Belmont - NES
  • Mega Man
  • Bass
  • Bill Rizer (Contra)
  • Ryu Hayabusa NES
  • Sophia 3 - NES
The devs are even remaking the game in a "please don't sue us version"

Last edited:
The devs are even remaking the game in a "please don't sue us version"

holy **** how is this a real game that got made. it looks worse than those brazilian bootlegs you see on vinesauce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom