• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Character's Speaking: Did I Hear a Voice?

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Hi everyone!

I've realized recently that, although you can talk with almost everyone in the LoZ worlds, you actually never hear them speak. There are no voices, further than the occasional "Aaah...", "Hrmfp!" and "Yey! Yey!" some characters say from time to time. Actually, I think the only characters that really said something (that is, they make some noise which could be their voice every time they spoke) were Navi, Tatl, Tael and Midna (and did Skullkid and Fi do that as well? I'm not sure).

Are there anyone else whose voice, no matter how strange they sound, or what language they are, is heard in the games?

And, now that I think about it, does anyone know if Midna's lines make any sense? Are they coherent sentences passed through a synthesizer, or something? Sometimes when calling her I think I hear "What's up, Link?", but most probably that's my mind hearing gibberish and trying to make something out of it...

NPCs and characters in and around the games make noises. Navi speaks actual words; 'hey, listen' 'hello' 'watch out'. King of Red Lions says 'hey' but you never get more than a couple of actual words out of anything in Zelda. Some laugh though but that kind of doesnt count....

As for Midna, she is speaking english, just go to youtube, her voice has been muddled an awful lot, mixed up and sped up etc. in fact- Midna's Voice Clips - Unscrambled - YouTube <-- for some unscrambled clips

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Yeah, well, what I meant was if they really "spoke," as in making some kind of noise every time they talked, never mind if it was real english words or not. So, as i said, the fairies always tinkle when they're speaking, and therefore they have a voice; Midna also says sentences aloud every time she talks.

Just saying "Hey" or something doesn't really cound as voice; what I'd consider real voice was a character whose lines you could follow (as long, of course, as you understood its "language") without reading the text. Midna does that, the fairies do that, does any other character do that?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm quite certain that Midna's speech is just gibberish. Even that video that Spirit of Rutela showed doesn't prove anything to me. If they showed the original clips and THEN unscrambled them, I might believe it. Otherwise, they could have cut out any of the wide variety of sounds Midna makes to make them sound like something, as you can do with just about anything. Additionally, Midna's voice actor is Japanese if I remember correctly, so I have no idea why they'd make her speak scrambled English.

Also, Fi speaks the same way, but Skull Kid does not, I don't think.

I'm not sure what the question of this thread is. I mean, the Kikwis make noises every time they have a new line of dialogue, even more than the fairies do. I'm not sure why the fairies are any greater of an example than other characters in the series, if you're not just looking for people who say actual words. The fairies don't make sounds for EVERY line of text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom