• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Character Select Screen

Maikeru

Piper of Time
So, it turns out the E3 Character Select screen we saw was legit. It just didn't show all the slots. In fact, we still don't have all the slots. I say this because I have taken a screencap of the character select screen and lazily copied Link's selecty thingy to come up with three possible final roster counts.

First off, the image from NinEverything's video from earlier.

CharacterSelect_zps3d636d33.png

Now the possible roster counts:

PotentialCharacterSelect3_zps833d66ce.png

PotentialCharacterSelect2_zpsf527baa9.png

PotentialCharacterSelect_zps797197d6.png

So, which one of these final counts do you think it will be, or do you think one of the columns will have a different number entirely? If I had to place a bet, it would be on the 22, but I think it could also be 18.

And I have to think that 5 or 6 of these slots belong to villains. Which, if that theory is correct would leave either 3 or 7 more heroes.

Wow this looks pretty awesome. I have always loved Dynasty Warriors, since I love the book it is based off of, and then cross that with Zelda...oh boy...I just need a moment...

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I imagine the first one would be it, given that it's the one that doesn't cover up the character. I could be wrong, though.

That's my initial thought as well, for the same reason. Though, I think 22 is still possible. Because, if they are going to cover up the image, I figure they will just go all out and cover it up entirely. Though, I could also be wrong there.

I do have to point out though that this is the character screen for the story mode. Which means it could be different from the free mode. It's quite possible that none of these spots belong to villains, but that you can use villains in those modes for instance.

However, if this does include villains, I have to say, Ganondorf, Zant, Ghirahim.

If not though, this becomes interesting as we have to decide between which three characters could take up those slots. In my opinion, I think it would either be one from each TP, SS and OoT or 2 from SS and 1 from TP.

In which case, I'm hoping for Skull Kid to take TP's spot, narrowly beating out Ashei, while Groose takes SS's spot and Nabooru takes OoT's final spot.

I think what they are gonna do is sort the characters into categories like they do in Dynasty Warriors. There will probably be a Hero category, Villain Category and an other category, just so that they don't cluster up the screen with character icons. It's been constantly hinted that the roster is big and I'm pretty sure the unique Villain characters will be playable in one way or another, it's just natural for a Dynasty Warriors type game. I think we can expect more than 22 characters, we've still yet to see more original characters that's also been hinted.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I think what they are gonna do is sort the characters into categories like they do in Dynasty Warriors. There will probably be a Hero category, Villain Category and an other category, just so that they don't cluster up the screen with character icons. It's been constantly hinted that the roster is big and I'm pretty sure the unique Villain characters will be playable in one way or another, it's just natural for a Dynasty Warriors type game. I think we can expect more than 22 characters, we've still yet to see more original characters that's also been hinted.

That's actually a good point. I know I have Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends, and they did this with their roster. I just remember from One Piece: Pirate Warriors they only had one screen with 13 characters in the first game. I'm not really expecting more, but I'm totally down for categories. Could do Heroes, Villains and a more Neutral faction.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think we've been looking at the roster too much from a Zelda standpoint. Overall I think our expectations are low, but this is more of a Dynasty Warriors game than it is a Zelda game. Considering the history of the Dynasty Warriors franchise, the roster will likely be large and diverse. Also, looking at the DW history, the villains were almost always playable in their own storyline (in which they were portrayed as heroes). It will be interesting to see if this will be the case for Hyrule Warriors.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I think we've been looking at the roster too much from a Zelda standpoint. Overall I think our expectations are low, but this is more of a Dynasty Warriors game than it is a Zelda game. Considering the history of the Dynasty Warriors franchise, the roster will likely be large and diverse. Also, looking at the DW history, the villains were almost always playable in their own storyline (in which they were portrayed as heroes). It will be interesting to see if this will be the case for Hyrule Warriors.

I really like the idea that different factions could have different pages. I would love if the villains just had their own page. And I have to imagine something like that will happen, since I can't see only three more characters being playable. And I also mentioned this earlier, but the final three characters could just be ones available in story mode. I know that even though Pirate Warriors didn't do these things, they did eliminate you being allowed to play characters on certain stages because it wouldn't make sense. You know what I think would be interesting? If after beating Ocarina of Time world, we had to go through the Lost Woods to Termina.

The first one appears to be the most legit. There's a chance of those other things happening, too, though.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
The first one appears to be the most legit. There's a chance of those other things happening, too, though.

That's my thoughts as well. I think that this will just be the hero roster though. The more I think about everything we know and that has been implied about this game, the more it seems that there will be extra characters outside the main story, even if they are only villains.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I recon they will have the 22 slot version. I have seen gameplay videos and even if they used the 13 one parts of certain character pictures would be covered, I think it was Darunia I saw but I could be wrong. This leads me to believe they are not worried about covering the character picture.
Warriors games have tons of characters, 22 sounds reasonable and about right for the crossover, but 22 as actually a little on the skimpy side in comparison to normal DW's games.

Link
Zelda
Impa
Sheik
lana
Fi
Midna
Agitha
Ruto
Darunia

probably:
Cia
Valga
Wizzro
Zant
Ghirahim
Ganondorf

Maybe:
Groose
Tingle
Demise
and a few others to make 22

Last edited:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I recon they will have the 22 slot version. I have seen gameplay videos and even if they used the 13 one parts of certain character pictures would be covered, I think it was Darunia I saw but I could be wrong. This leads me to believe they are not worried about covering the character picture.
Warriors games have tons of characters, 22 sounds reasonable and about right for the crossover, but 22 as actually a little on the skimpy side in comparison to normal DW's games.

Link
Zelda
Impa
Sheik
lana
Fi
Midna
Agitha
Ruto
Darunia

probably:
Cia
Valga
Wizzro
Zant
Ghirahim
Ganondorf

Maybe:
Groose
Tingle
Demise
and a few others to make 22

That actually could be a good point. I probably chose the worst character image to use as an example for this.

When watching them select between the characters, that the following things will be blocked off.

Impa's right elbow.
Lana's ponytail and right arm.
Part of Link's right arm.
Darunia's hair and shoulder.
Ruto's right elbow/arm area.
Agitha's right hand.
Most of Fi's body.

Some of them are already blocked off as can be seen in this video.

[video=youtube;emRspHM0wEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRspHM0wEk&list=UUKSfX8ni_3DmI_zV-sJ-Ewg[/video]

Megamannt125

Blue Link
22 is the most reasonable one simply because we know there are 52 play styles. Link has four, everyone else has 2. That means someone else has 4. (Ganon if I had to guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom