• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character Nicknames

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
When you play a given game, do you come up with little nickames for certain characters?

When I first played Twilight Princess, my guy was watching me and he started calling Midna "Paperclip" (after the annoying "Clippy" helper in Microsoft). It stuck - I sometimes call Midna "Paperclip" (even though I actually like her as a character).

I'm playing Skyward Sword right now... I just met Ghirahim. I've nicknamed him "Captain Yaoi" for reasons that are probably obvious for anyone familiar with that term.

What are your character nicknames?

Pffffff "Captain Yaoi". Made me laugh. I was reading something on tumblr and they summarized Skyward Sword as 'Link being chased by Demon Lord Adam Lambert'.

I don't really find myself giving characters nicknames so much as just talking to them. As in, "Come on, Link, climb that block, push those switches, aw yeah, Ganon's got nothing on you, winner winner chicken dinner", etc. It's kind of rambling ._."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Well, I did have this running conversation with Link going on through my head at the Skyview Temple in Skyward Sword.

Link: WHAT ARE YOU DOING, SHADSIE?! YOU'RE GETTING ME KILLED BY FIRST-DUNGEON ENEMIES!

Me: The Skulltula are HARDER than in other games! You have to hit them just right and they have that ONE LITTLE SPOT! The spiders in the other games had big, broad bellies that were easy to hit!

Link: I keep on DYING! This is embarassing!

Me: At least you look peaceful in death. Oh! And I like when you're flat on your back - you try to get up so valiantly!

Link: Uuugh... Just take me back to the sky for more potions.

And of course, later....

Link: Who's that?

Me: Great! It's Captain Yaoi!

Link: What's yaoi?

Me: I don't think you want to know - not with that face he's giving you.

(I just want to make it clear in case I unintentionally offend or hurt anyone - I have no problem with people loving whom they love in the real world. When I make fun of "yaoi," I am merely making fun of an over-the-top, "camp," one-sided seduction vibe I see in this game. I do the same thing with Link and the gaudy, frightening, campy and quite female Great Fairies in Ocarina of Time).

Last edited:

Braivety

FPT | Breb
When I first played TP, my friend's little brother called Bokablins Yodas. He called them that because everytime they would huddle up and run after you, he would go YODA YODA YODA YODA as they chased you. So now we call them that.
Also, the little green things that pop out of the ground in the desert, the ones that look like plants, we call them Shwankypoos. (shwayn-kee-poo)
:zora::triforce::deku::goron::tektite::cuccoo:

I call Tingle: The pictograph prisoner
Tetra:...
Link:The Hero of Green
Ganondorf: Big Ears (because of original OoT)
Ganondorf WW: Tubby
Ganon TP: Giant puppy
Ghirihim: The Charmer :lol:

I started calling Impa from Ocarina of Time:"Impa,The Man-Lady of the Mountains!" I don't know why,I think I heard it in a video or something....XP

Well, a friend of mine made up a nickname not for a character, but for an enemy.
We call Peahats "abacaxis", which would be portuguese for "pineapples" xD

sikora360

TetraForce FTW
I often call

Lord Girahim: Debby
Groose: Groosey
Old granny in the sealed temple: Granny
Kaepora Gaebora: Owl (guy)

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
I couldn't pronounce Demon Lord Ghirahim when I first got Skyward Sword, so I've been calling him D-Lo G ever since.

L

LinkTheBuffalo

I call Na'vi " WOMAN " because she's so friggin' irritating. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom